- FUNimation Industry Panel | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
    - Robotech Industries Panel | 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Friday, July 25, 2014
    - Viz Animation Featuring Neon Alley | 10:00am - 11:00am

Saturday, July 26, 2014
    - Kodansha Comics | 12:30pm - 1:30pm
    - Sailor Moon Official Panel | 12:30pm - 1:30pm
    - UDON 2014 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
    Last edited by WTK; 07-13-2014, 11:00 PM.

Re: SDCC 2014 Discussion Thread

Hopefully viz gives actual manga announcements here, their anime expo showing was incredibly weak this year compared to last year, so maybe sdcc will have more manga this time.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Not really expecting much in terms of anime announcements. If anything is announced, it would be small, given how major anime news could be lost in the wave of news coming from Comic-Con (not to mention companies wanting to save some news for Otakon).
      Joseph Klemm
      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Viz Media:
        Expectations: Sailor Moon dub streaming details, some manga announcements
        Hopes: One Punch Man print release

FUNimation:
        Expectations: Black Butler (live action) and Rurouni Kenshin live action film trilogy home video rights
        Hopes: Terror in Resonance home video rights confirmation, Unforgiven, some more BEI rescues
        Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 07-12-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Well, considering that this con is designed for mainstream comics and not for anime that I'm not expecting anything new to come out of this con. But it's nice to see Funimation and Viz making an appearance. With Otakon only two weeks later that they are saving up for that.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Since there isn't much expected in the way of announcements for anime & manga, is there anything non anime/manga that anyone is looking forward to from SDCC? I'm looking forward to news from Warner's panel on July 24th concerning their upcoming November release of Batman-The Complete Series (1966) (Discussed here) on DVD, BD & Digital Download. They plan to announce details of the release including an exact release date, extras & possibly packaging including cover art which I am interested in seeing ahead of it hitting store shelves this Fall.
            Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Miyuki Kobayakawa & Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're Under Arrest!)
            FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
              Since there isn't much expected in the way of announcements for anime & manga, is there anything non anime/manga that anyone is looking forward to from SDCC? I'm looking forward to news from Warner's panel on July 24th concerning their upcoming November release of Batman-The Complete Series (1966) (Discussed here) on DVD, BD & Digital Download. They plan to announce details of the release including an exact release date, extras & possibly packaging including cover art which I am interested in seeing ahead of it hitting store shelves this Fall.
              I'm interested in getting news about the set (as I may want to either pick it up or request it as a Christmas present).

I'm also curious in learning about what the new season has in store for a number of animated titles that I watch regularly (i.e. My Little Pony, Venture Brothers, Bob's Burgers), as well as getting some information about this year's Treehouse of Horror episode of the Simpsons (pretty much the only Simpsons episode that I still consider to be a "need to watch" episode each year).
              Joseph Klemm
              "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
              Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
              Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
              Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Schedule are up for all four days now. FUNimation, Viz Media (4 panels), Digital Manga, Kodansha Comics, and UDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                  Viz Media:

FUNimation:
                  Expectations: Black Butler (live action) and Rurouni Kenshin live action film trilogy home video rights
                  Hopes: Terror in Resonance home video rights confirmation, Unforgiven, some more BEI rescues
                  It always seemed to me that FUNi has an all or nothing mindset. They might not want anything to do with Kenshin while Sentai and MB are still dabbling in it. Hopefully someone picks those films up soon.
                  Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                    Viz Media:

FUNimation:
                    It always seemed to me that FUNi has an all or nothing mindset. They might not want anything to do with Kenshin while Sentai and MB are still dabbling in it. Hopefully someone picks those films up soon.
                    And Aniplex also has a piece of the franchise as well. Anyway, their panel was yesterday, and considering that nothing was said about what happened there, I can pretty much assume that nothing big came out of the panels as expected.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                      Viz Media:

FUNimation:
                      And Aniplex also has a piece of the franchise as well. Anyway, their panel was yesterday, and considering that nothing was said about what happened there, I can pretty much assume that nothing big came out of the panels as expected.
                      Their deal for Lost Girl was expanded (how so wasn't mentioned in the press release), and they announced the new cast members for the Thriller Bark arc of One Piece.

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                        Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                        I'm interested in getting news about the set (as I may want to either pick it up or request it as a Christmas present).
                        It's looking very good according to the announcement at Warner's panel last night. You can check out the details here.
                        Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Miyuki Kobayakawa & Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're Under Arrest!)
                        FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                        Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X