X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Seas - Gunslinger Girl

Widgets Magazine
    According to Seven Seas (at their booth at SDCC last night) volume 7 of Gunslinger Girl has been pushed back to November and combined with volume 8 into an 'omnibus' format release. Exact date TBD.
    --
    Alec Orrock
    www.animerepublic.net

Main Program Division
    Anime Los Angeles

Re: Seven Seas - Gunslinger Girl

Thought it was strange that both had a release date of Dec 12, 2012 on Right Stuf. Guess I'll just wait for the next sale after all.
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

via TRSI...Gunslinger Girl Graphic Novel Omnibus Collection 3 (Vols 7-8): release date: 10/25/11.

Comment

I figured as such. I've already waited years for more GSG, so a month or two more is no big deal. I think I'd prefer single volumes over omnibus, but I can't begrude Seven Seas over it if it makes more financial sense.
        The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Never tried the manga. Should I?

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
            If I were to offer my honest opinion, I'd say "Heck yes," as it's quite possibly my favorite manga ever and works on many different levels, all of which could appeal to different people.

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
              If I were to offer my honest opinion, I'd say "Heck yes," as it's quite possibly my favorite manga ever and works on many different levels, all of which could appeal to different people.
              Well, this sounds really good. In your opinion, is it better than the first anime series?

Comment

Well, this sounds really good. In your opinion, is it better than the first anime series?
                Personally, I really like both, but for different reasons. If I had to pick one, I'd say the manga wins out, but the first series does such an elegant job of adapting it that it's an easy recommendation as well. Go for the manga, you won't be disappointed.

The second series, of course, does not exist. Those DVDs and Blu-rays out there are a lie.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Well that works, I'll pick it up during the next sale at TRSI.
                  My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                  PSN: RYPLYLER
                  3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

I'd say they're about equal, but it's really hard to choose.

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                    ...The second series, of course, does not exist. Those DVDs and Blu-rays out there are a lie.
                    I thought this myself, until I gave in, got the BDs...and actually liked it. It's certainly not as good as the first season; it's execution is awkward and cheap in comparison. But it still works well as an adaption of the manga. I think the story in manga volumes 3-5 (which the season season adapts) is better than manga volumes 1-2 (which the first season adapts). It's like the source material reaches a point of such goodness, IMHO, that even a crappy adaption still turns out pretty good.

Comment

It's certainly not as good as the first season; it's execution is awkward and cheap in comparison. But it still works well as an adaption of the manga. I think the story in manga volumes 3-5 (which the season season adapts) is better than manga volumes 1-2 (which the first season adapts). It's like the source material reaches a point of such goodness, IMHO, that even a crappy adaption still turns out pretty good.
                      That is pretty much my feelings on the second series as well. Despite the inferior production values and lackluster action scenes, the strength of the story arc it adapts manages to carry the series. I would have loved to see a higher budget adaptation of the arc, but Il Teatrino still managed to be enganging.
                      Avatar: Pariya from Otoyomegatari.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X