• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC 2013 Industry Panels Schedule

Widgets Magazine
    San Diego Comic-Con (July 18 - 21, 2013) @ San Diego, CA | Panels Schedule

Thursday (July 18th)
    • VIZ Media Panel | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
      Get the latest updates and exciting news from VIZ Media staff on your favorite manga and anime. You'll also get the scoop on new acquisitions, upcoming releases, and projects not yet announced!
    • FUNimation Industry Panel | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
      Get the latest news (and the chance to win some swag). With blockbuster titles such as Akira, Dragon Ball Z, Fullmetal Alchemist, and One Piece, the FUNimation catalog features anime for both hardcore and casual fans. The live-action branch, Giant Ape, includes the current TV phenomenon Lost Girl.
    • Kodansha Comics | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
      Get all the latest information on Sailor Moon and Attack on Titan, as well as hear the latest announcements, news, and maybe get a giveaway or two. Kodansha USA's Kana Koide and Random House's Dallas Middaugh walk you through the best of Kodansha's manga.
    • Robotech Industry Panel | 8:15 - 9:15pm
      Tommy Yune, director of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles and Steve Yun, screenwriter of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles showcase all the latest live-action and animated Robotech projects in production.

Friday (July 19th)
    • VIZ Anime Featuring Neon Alley | 1:00pm - 2:00pm
      Find out what's new and hot in the world of VIZ anime, distributors of Japan's superhits Naruto, BLEACH and many more. Come join members of the VIZ animation team for announcements, a chance for prizes and an exclusive look at Neon Alley, the 24/7 anime streaming experience that's like nothing you've seen before.
    • UDON 2013 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
      The artists and editors of UDON Entertainment discuss their latest titles and reveal upcoming projects in this announcement-packed panel. Topics will include debut titles like World of Warcraft Tribute and Street Fighter Origins: Akuma, plus revelations of new books from some of the hottest names in video games, manga, and animation.
    • The Yen Press Crew | 6:30pm - 7:30pm
      Kurt Hassler (publishing director), JuYoun Lee (senior editor), and Tania Biswas (assistant editor) return to Comic-Con for their annual sneak peek at forthcoming projects, fan Q&A, and of course some sweet giveaways to spread the love!

Saturday (July 20th)
    • Weekly Shonen Jump Podcast: Live Recording! | 12:30pm - 1:30pm
      Naruto vs. Goku! Ichigo vs. Hinata! Luffy vs. 100 duck-sized horses! Debate these and many other burning manga-related issues along with the Weekly Shonen Jump editorial staff at their first-ever LIVE podcast recording session, only at Comic-Con!
    • Star Blazers 2199-Crew & Fan Meeting and Screening | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
      The legendary Star Blazers TV Series is coming back! Join the crew to learn more about Star Blazers 2199 at this exciting and riveting panel! You'll have a chance to witness the screening of the first episode of the new show as well as be able to ask questions. Panel guests include producer Hiroaki Ikegami and a guest Cosplayer from Japan playing Yuki Mori.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-15-2013, 09:12 PM.

Re: SDCC 2013 Industry Panels Schedule

It looks like Seven Seas will be making some announcements even without a panel:

Seven Seas @gomanga
    Keep yours eyes peeled on our feed this coming week, folks. Got some good stuff headed your way! --CC

Seven Seas ‏@gomanga
    Because nothing quite says "Summer" like new licenses, right? --CC
    The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

I think Kodansha said to expect a new series.
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Has there been any talk of Yen Press picking up anything interesting? There doesn't seem to be much to get hyped over this year when it comes to manga.
        Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
          Has there been any talk of Yen Press picking up anything interesting? There doesn't seem to be much to get hyped over this year when it comes to manga.
          I haven't seen anything online, but I really hope Yen has some new and interesting announcements. I'll openly admit to not knowing exactly what I want, but since I don't expect them to resurrect any of the Del Rey dead, I'd like some non-rescues (unless it's Aria) and titles that aren't licensed specifically due to an anime/video game/etc. tie-in.

Overall, I've felt this year's AX, and SDCC so far, have been a real bummer for manga (admittedly, my tastes no longer seem to be what sells nowadays, when comes to manga).
          Last edited by Junker Woland; 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM.
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/358366580947685376
            Sorry for the short notice, but just a heads up to any SDCC attendees that the Yen panel for today has been canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
              Sorry for the short notice, but just a heads up to any SDCC attendees that the Yen panel for today has been canceled.
              Hopefully that'll be rescheduled. I was really looking forward to news from Yen.
              The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
                Originally posted by WTK View Post
                Hopefully that'll be rescheduled. I was really looking forward to news from Yen.
                Pretty much this, even if chances were good the news in question would have just been "Sorry, those series you've been waiting for will continue to remain unlicensed". Ok, got to stop sounding pessimistic.

Comment

Figures.com's Robotech panel report

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X