• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FUNimation '12 Panels

via FUNimation.com
    San Diego Comic-Con Here We Come!

It's that time again, FUNimation fans-

We are on the road and SoCal-bound for another year of San Diego Comic Con. We've got panels, some very special guests and some really, really awesome announcements, in addition to a totally tricked-out booth, Mass Effect: Paragon Lost-style.

Come to the FUNimation booth from 9am-12pm or 2pm-5pm Thursday-Saturday or 9am-12pm Sunday to get your very own, ultra-customized Mass Effect: Paragon Lost colonist badge. You can pre-order a copy with us for its November 13th release date and get an exclusive t-shirt too!

We are so excited about Mass Effect: Paragon Lost we have some super special content for our Sneak Peek Panel. If that wasn't enough, we will also have a couple of announcements in our Industry Panel, too. Check the info below:

FUNimation Sneak Peek; Mass Effect: Paragon Lost and Coming Soon
    Thursday, July 12th, 3:30-4:30pm, Room 24ABC

FUNimation Industry Panel
    Friday, July 13th, 12-1pm, Room 24ABC

Space is limited and lines can get long, so come early 'cause you don't want to miss these!

Since this is San Diego, and as you might know, we will be releasing Lost Girl seasons 1&2 later this year, our friends from the cast will be joining us at SDCC for some totally Fae fun-times. On Saturday from 6-7pm, you can catch the cast at the FUNimation booth for a signing with exclusive poster. This autograph session will be ticketed and these will be available for you folks that pre-order Lost Girl on Thursday and Friday, and then first-come first-served on Saturday morning for the remainder. You can also check the cast panel details below:

Lost Girl Panel
    Saturday July 14th at 8:15pm, Room 6BCF

The booth will also have Ai Yori Aoshi and Armitage III, two of the newest additions to our Anime Classics collection, almost 3 weeks before they come out! We will also be featuring Fractale and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Collection 2 a week early. Drop by and grab a copy of Fractale and get your very own Nessa figurine with purchase, while supplies last. We will also have awesome FUNimation tote bags with every $100 purchase.

Comment

LINK
      FUNimation Acquires Significant Stake in GameSamba

07/11/2012

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

EVERETT, Wash.--July 11, 2012 -- GameSamba, online game developer and publisher, announced today at San Diego Comic-Con that funimation Entertainment has bought the majority of the recently closed Series B funding raised for GameSamba with the result that funimation, along with its board and president Gen Fukunaga, now owns a majority stake in GameSamba. The companies announced a strategic alliance in July 2011, and Fukunaga was named as GameSamba's first Chairman in October.

"Since forming our strategic alliance last year, it has become abundantly clear the similarity of our goals of delivering high-quality entertainment," said Fukunaga. "This move allows us to better share resources and leverage the combined talents of both companies."

"Many of our games have their roots in anime," commented Scott Wong, president and CEO of GameSamba. "As the audiences for both online gaming expand, we're seeing a great deal of crossover affinity and exciting opportunities for promotion and marketing."

About FUNimation® Entertainment

FUNimation® Entertainment is the leading anime company in North America. FUNimation has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands. They manage a full spectrum of rights for most of their brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution. For more information about FUNimation Entertainment and its brands, visit www.funimation.com.

ABOUT GAMESAMBA

GameSamba is a developer and publisher specializing in Online Gaming. Headquartered in Everett, WA, GameSamba offers free-to-play MMO and MMORPG client and browser based games. More information about GameSamba and its products may be found at GameSamba's US website, www.gamesamba.com.

Comment

Never even saw the news last year about their "strategic alliance." Seems like a reasonable extension of Fukunaga's business and certainly easier than other forms of game development. Not that Gamesamba's type of product interests me, but I wonder whether they'll attempt any significant outward integration of two businesses or just keep them functioning to the public as separate entities?
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

To some effect there has already been a little integration between the two when Funimation added a games section to their website a little while back featuring GameSamba's titles. Beyond that though, I have no idea if the two companies will be further involved with one another. Could you really see Funimation producing an anime film about one of their MMOs? I think it's probably just an attempt to get attention from either market in hopes of strengthening the sales on both fronts. It seems that Fukunaga is definitely interested in games if the Dragon Age and Mass Effect movies are any indication.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I didn't even realize FUNimation had a "GAMES" section on their site (probably speaks to how rarely I ever visit it).

Considering the benefits of actually owning a popular IP, I could easily see FUNimation deciding to develop a movie/mini-series based around a GameSamba property; and going by just their current titles, I'd say Remnant Knights could probably fit the bill, which isn't to disregard the potential for a new joint franchise.

Of course, it's entirely possible nothing noteworthy to anime fans (or GameSamba's players) will come from the investment, but it'll be interesting to see whether any substantial overlap of their businesses/companies occurs.
            Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

via FUNimation.com
              Mass Effect: Paragon Lost Trailer and Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Vega Revealed at Comic-Con

Today at San Diego Comic-Con, fans got an extra special treat. We premiered the first trailer for Mass Effect: Paragon Lost! But, you don't have to be at Comic-Con to see it. Just take a look below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6tA206Y6Q

And that's not all! Fans who attended our sneak peek panel were greeted by a personal video message from Freddie Prinze, Jr. who revealed that he would be returning to reprise his role as James Vega for the Mass Effect: Paragon Lost movie.

Panel attendees also got the chance to hear composers, Joshua R. Mosley and David Kates (the composer for the Mass Effect 1 and 2 video games), talk about what it was like composing the music for Mass Effect: Paragon Lost.

Comment

via ANN_Bamboo
                Funimation's only announcement is the Korean live action series, Athena Goddess of War.
                EDIT: PR
                Last edited by WTK; 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  via ANN_Bamboo
                  Funimation's only announcement is the Korean live action series, Athena Goddess of War.
                  Eh, I'm not really surprised that they didn't announce any new anime; I'm sure that they're saving any new announcements for Otakon.

Comment

FUNimation panel report via ANN

Comment

Not surprised or bothered that they didn't announce any anime. I wasn't expecting it and as SDCC is more general I would expect them to have more of an opportunity to appeal to fans of their non-anime products.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X