X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yen Press '12 Panel

Widgets Magazine
    Friday, July 13
    6:30-7:30 Yen Press— The Yen Press crew return to San Diego for their annual sneak peek at forthcoming projects, fan Q&A, and of course some sweet giveaways to spread the love! Room 8

Re: Yen Press '12 Panel

via ANN
    Yen Press Adds 'Another' Horror Novel & Manga, Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! Manga
    posted on 2012-07-13 21:45 EDT

Also: Pon Watanabe's Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore essay manga

The North American publisher Yen Press announced at its panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday that it will release Yukito Ayatsuji's Another mystery horror novel and the four-volume manga adaptation by artist Hiro Kiyohara. The company also announced it will release Pon Watanabe's Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore essay manga, and it confirmed it will release Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! manga.

Yen Press will release Yukito Ayatsuji's two-volume Another novel (pictured far right) as digital exclusives. It will release Hiro Kiyohara's four-volume manga adaptation (pictured at right) as a single omnibus print volume. The novels and manga "follow a boy named Koichi Sakakibara who finds himself caught up in a web of mysterious deaths at his middle school and investigates their connection to a girl who died in the same class in 1972." The novels inspired a 12-episode television anime series that aired in January-March. Crunchyroll streamed the series in various countries outside of Japan as it aired, and Sentai Filmworks will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in North America later this year.

Yen Press will release the first volume of Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! manga in spring 2013. Amazon UK previously listed Yen Press as publishing the first volume of the series in English in February 2013.

The story centers around Ryūta Sakamoto, a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young man and a top-ranked player in the online combat game Btooom! One day, he wakes up on a tropical island without remembering how he got there. He sees a figure in the distance and asks for help. However, the figure responds by throwing something at Ryūta — a "BIM" bomb. In that moment, Ryūta comes to realize two things: one, his own life is in danger, and two, he is now in the world of Btooom! The manga launched in Shinchosha's Weekly Comic Bunch magazine in 2009 and then moved to its current home, Monthly Comic Bunch, in 2011. Shinchosha published the eighth compiled book volume in June.

The anime studio MADHOUSE is producing a television anime adaptation of the manga.

Yen Press will release Pon Watanabe's two-volume Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore essay manga as a digital exclusive, starting with the first volume this winter. The comic memoir was originally published by Media Factory and follows Watanabe's experience "managing a used bookstore after the owner decides to add erotic paraphernalia to their product mix."

Yen Press will also release a one-volume graphic novel adaptation of Brent Weeks' The Way of Shadows fantasy novel. Additionally, the company is raffling off a signed print of the cover art of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story graphic novel at its booth at San Diego Comic Con.
    EDIT: panel report via ANN
    Last edited by WTK; 07-14-2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

It's disappointing to see the Another novel and Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore only being offered as digital titles. All interest I would have had in Erotic Bookstore is now dead, and I'm left on the fence with the novel--I still much rather read and own a physical book.

Otherwise, BTOOOM! might be interesting, although there's not much surprise in the reveal, since it was already basically known to have been licensed by someone.
      Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Another novel...but where do they sell it?
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
          At the moment, Yen's digital content is only available through an iOS app, while the Haruhi novels, which are technically published by Yen's parent company, are also available for Amazon's Kindle. So...I guess we'll just have to wait for Yen to shed more light on the situation.
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
            At the moment, Yen's digital content is only available through an iOS app, while the Haruhi novels, which are technically published by Yen's parent company, are also available for Amazon's Kindle. So...I guess we'll just have to wait for Yen to shed more light on the situation.
            Hmm... way to not get my money, guys. I can't use things like eReaders while driving, whereas I can have a book for my layover. It's part of what keeps me wed to the old dead tree model- I can keep up on things! I'll prolly get the manga for Another, though...
            -dunno001
            -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
            -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

I'd get Another if they make it available for the Kindle. Definitely not an iOS app, though. I don't want to read much more than e-mail and Twitter on my phone.

Comment

Wow guess Ill hope for Kindle, guess I can read Kindle books on Android, i think
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

The Another anime is my favorite of the year thus far, so I'll definitely be getting the novel if it's made available in a format that I can consume.

Comment

Might be interested in Another if it gets a nook book, though I'm curious if it's as much a comedy as the anime.
                    My animé & figure collections
                    Hummingbird
                    || Tweeterings
                    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Wow guess Ill hope for Kindle, guess I can read Kindle books on Android, i think
                      You can. There's a Kindle app for the Android as well as for your PC / Mac.
                      Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X