• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniplex of America '13 panel

Widgets Magazine
    Saturday, October 12, 2013
    • Aniplex of America Industry Panel | 4:15pm - 5:15pm
      From the company who brought you the best in Anime including Sword Art Online, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist and Magi to name a few. Ask any fan to name his or her favorite anime show and chances are likely that it's an Aniplex produced Show. From the Latest Anime to Special Announcements, come and see what Aniplex of America has in store for the rest of 2013 and beyond. Join us as we talk about our current works and answer your questions. There will also be some special giveaways including rare items from Japan.

Re: Aniplex of America '13 panel

Could only think of dating stuff, BLue Exorcist movie methinks.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

It was previously announced at the Sunrise panel that Valvrave is coming to BD next year, so I suspect that will be one of their announcements at this panel (although it would already be out there by the time the panel is in session). And as for what else they could announce, I am thinking that Aniplex could announce a dub for Valvrave and Neon Alley plans. Out of their current unreleased catalog, this show has the best chance of getting a dub. As for other announcements, I am not expecting anything else. Maybe they can announce that they have Galilei Donna, though the label saying that the streams are courtesy of Fuji TV rather than Aniplex might suggest otherwise. Aniplex panels usually do not yield much in the way of announcements, so I am not expecting anything outside of details regarding the release of Valvrave save for the dates.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

http://www.magi-usa.com/dvd/index.php
        Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Complete DVD Set Vol.1
        RELEASE DATE - 1/14/14

SRP: $74.98
        Store Price: $59.98

DVD SPECS
        Spoken Languages: Japanese & English
        Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
        Subtitles: English
        Episodes: Episodes 1-12
        Number of Disc: 3 Discs
        Total Run Time: approx. 300 min.
        Region: Region 1
        Rating: 13 UP

BONUS MATERIALS & SPECIAL PACKAGE
        ■ Textless Opening
        ■ Textless Ending
        ■ English Version Trailer
        ■ Deluxe Booklet
        ■ 5 Collectable Foil Stamped Postcards
        ■ O-Sleeve with Key Visual Art Illustrated by Toshifumi Akai (Character Designer)
        ■ 2-Sided Reversible Cover
        • Bonus contents and materials are subject to change.
        Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Complete DVD Set Vol.2
        RELEASE DATE - 3/18/14

SRP: $79.98
        Store Price: $64.98

DVD SPECS
        Spoken Languages: Japanese & English
        Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
        Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0
        Subtitles: English
        Episodes: Episodes 13-25
        Number of Disc: 3 Discs
        Total Run Time: approx. 325 min.
        Region: Region 1
        Rating: 13 UP

BONUS MATERIALS & SPECIAL PACKAGE
        ■ Textless Opening
        ■ Textless Ending
        ■ Deluxe Booklet
        ■ 5 Collectable Foil Stamped Postcards
        ■ O-Sleeve with Key Visual Art
        ■ 2-Sided Reversible Cover
        • Bonus contents and materials are subject to change.

http://madokamagicausa.com/rebellion/

US Premiere Event
        Los Angeles: Egyptian Theater - December 3rd
        Tickets on sale October 15th 10:00AM

Premiere Event Ticket Exclusives
        *While supplies last

Mini Autograph Board
        Madoka Magica Gift Bag
        Movie Guide Book
        Kyubey Phone Holder

Special Merchandise For Sale
        (Only available at Premiere Event and LA Showtimes while supplies last)
        Madoka Magica Bandana
        Madoka Key-chains
        Madoka Canvas Art
        Charlotte Phone Holder
        And more Madoka Merchandise Available!

Showtimes
        Ticketholders at US and Canada shwoings will have opportunity to receive a free Mini Autograph board while supplies last
        *1 per ticket
        *blindboxed

US SHOWTIMES

*ticket sale start times varies from theater to theater. Please visit theater website for start time
        AL Birmingham The Edge 12 12/7 at 7pm
        AZ Phoenix Harkins Theatres - Valley Art 12/13 at 1:30pm, 3:50pm, 6:30pm, 9:10pm
        CA Los Angeles Downtown Independent 12/6 - 12/19
        CA San Francisco New People 12/20 & 12/21
        CA San Francisco 4 Star Theater 12/6 - 12/8
        CO Littleton Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Littleton 12/8
        DC DC The Movies at Montgomery Mall 12/6 at 7:30pm
        FL Clearwater/Tampa Bay Clearwater Cinema Café 12/6
        FL Fort Lauderdale/Miami Cinema Paradiso 12/6 at 8pm
        HI Honolulu Doris Duke Theater 12/26 at 3pm
        12/27 at 1pm, 7:30pm
        12/28 at 1pm, 4pm, 7:30pm
        12/29 at 1pm, 4pm, 7:30pm
        IL Chicago Music Box 12/8
        MA Boston Brattle Theatre 12/6 at 9:30pm
        12/7 at 1pm
        MO Kansas City Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Mainstreet 12/8
        NC Raleigh Raleighwood Cinema Grill 12/10 at 7pm
        NC Greensboro Carousel Luxury Cinemas 12/7
        NM Albuquerque The Guild Cinema 12/13 at 10:30pm
        12/14 at 10:30pm
        NV Las Vegas Theatre7 12/6
        NY New York Big Cinemas Manhattan 12/6 at 9pm
        12/7 at 9pm & 11:30pm
        12/8 at 9pm
        NY Buffalo The Screening Room Cinema Café 12/6 at 7pm
        12/7 at 2pm
        12/8 at 7pm
        NY Yonkers Aramo Drafthouse Cinema Yonkers 12/8
        OH Cleveland Cleveland Cinemas - Cedar Lee 12/8/2013 7PM
        OK Tulsa Select Cinemas - RiverWalk Movies 12/8/2013 at 10pm
        OR Portland Hollywood Theatre 12/6 at 7:30pm
        PA Pittsburgh The Hollywood Theatre 12/6 at 7pm & 10pm
        TX Austin Alamo Drafthouse Austin Slaughter Lane 12/6
        TX Austin Alamo Drafthouse Austin Lakeline 12/8
        TX Houston Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Vintage Park 12/7
        TX Houston Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park 12/7/2013
        TX Dalls Texas Theatre 12/7 3pm
        TX San Antonio Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Westlakes 12/8
        UT Sandy Megaplex Theatres - Jordan Commons 12/7 at 8:30pm
        WA Seattle Grand Illusion 12/6 at 6pm & 8:30pm
        12/7 at 3:30pm, 6pm & 8:30pm
        12/8 at 6pm & 8:30pm
        CANADA SHOWTIMES

Comment

Most exciting bit of news for me this weekend, from among any of the studios? Domestic distribution of LiSA's second CD album, Landspace. Now, the question is: RE only? Or also the LE with Blu-ray disc and DVD and photo booklet? I guess that's actually sort of two questions. And a third: will the price be reasonably competitive versus importing? I'm certainly aware of AoA's pricing brackets and intentions, versus direct importing costs, but with or without taking that into account this is still a lower-priced item (either the RE or LE) and therefore the eventual (though imminent, I'd think, since October 30 is not far away) domestic price in this case may actually be competitive.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

What happened to Valvrave? I hope it wasnt vaporware and isnt seeing a BD release here
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
              What happened to Valvrave? I hope it wasnt vaporware and isnt seeing a BD release here
              Didn't read the Sunrise panel news?

Aniplex of America will release the Blu-ray Disc for the first season in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Didn't read the Sunrise panel news?

Aniplex of America will release the Blu-ray Disc for the first season in 2014.
                But aniplex said nothing at their panel.

Comment

But aniplex said nothing at their panel.
                  I guess they're saving their own official announcement for later. Maybe they have more specific details (whether it's getting a dub or not, price, extras, etc.) that they're not ready to announce yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                    Most exciting bit of news for me this weekend, from among any of the studios? Domestic distribution of LiSA's second CD album, Landspace. Now, the question is: RE only? Or also the LE with Blu-ray disc and DVD and photo booklet? I guess that's actually sort of two questions. And a third: will the price be reasonably competitive versus importing? I'm certainly aware of AoA's pricing brackets and intentions, versus direct importing costs, but with or without taking that into account this is still a lower-priced item (either the RE or LE) and therefore the eventual (though imminent, I'd think, since October 30 is not far away) domestic price in this case may actually be competitive.
                    I guess they're not done with her physical releases after all. I'm still loving all the LiSA we get, so I'm happy to hear this news, and hope this trend continues. I'll be getting it, even if the price is relatively unreasonable.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                      I guess they're not done with her physical releases after all. I'm still loving all the LiSA we get, so I'm happy to hear this news, and hope this trend continues. I'll be getting it, even if the price is relatively unreasonable.
                      I missed that they did make her previous two singles available digitally, so there is that, at least. Also, that the digital version of the oath/sign single that's been available for a while is actually the version we didn't get physically, ergo it contains a different third track and the off-vocal version of oath/sign, so between that and the physical releases we did end up getting everything for that particular group.

I think, in retrospect, it does make sense that they'd be skipping her singles and just looking to the full albums for (physical) domestic distribution, regardless of the (lower) costs involved in doing domestically-distributed Japanese CD releases. Particularly given the single-happy nature of the Japanese market. Not that I wouldn't appreciate them, mind you.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Most exciting bit of news for me this weekend, from among any of the studios? Domestic distribution of LiSA's second CD album, Landspace.
                        Did they announce a digital release for Landscape? Or will this be a CD-exclusive?

I haven't bought a physical CD in years, but I did get the Lover's'mile MP3 album from Amazon, and I'd like to get more of LiSA's music and support the effort to get more J-Pop in America legitimately.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I missed that they did make her previous two singles available digitally, so there is that, at least. Also, that the digital version of the oath/sign single that's been available for a while is actually the version we didn't get physically, ergo it contains a different third track and the off-vocal version of oath/sign, so between that and the physical releases we did end up getting everything for that particular group.
                          I did mention those here (easy to miss since I edited it into that post) and here.

I had bought all the digital copies of her music months before going for the physical copies, so I did notice that the oath/sign track listing was different between the two, and was glad to have all of it.

I believe some of the anime editions of the singles they brought over before sold out significantly before any of the other releases, so it seems like there would still be a reason to bring over some copies of those, but getting the albums is still better than I expected at this point.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...