Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest North American Anime Conventions of 2017

Widgets Magazine
    We rank the largest North American anime conventions by size and see which ones have grown and which have lost attendees in our annual look at the largest anime cons in the United States and Canada for the past year.

More...

That is quite a steep drop there with Otakon as this is the first year it's held in DC. It used to have a stranglehold on the #2 spot, but it wasn't in a place that could support continued growth as downtown Baltimore was running out of real estate. AX having three times as many attendees as the second-most attended con, that's really something.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Otakon's new convention center felt depressingly empty with that record low attendee count and a space bigger than the venues for Anime Expo or New York Comic Con (almost as big as the two of them put together). They planned the move when Otakon was at its peak and have unfortunately declined since then, with this being the most significant drop. Obviously they're hoping that most of that was just because it was the first year in a completely new location, but I do fear that their investment may not play out as well as they planned. It would probably help to increase attendance if they didn't still act like they were #2 with the badge prices despite barely cracking the top 10.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...