Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fandom Post Adds CD Japan, Amazon UK As Affiliates

Widgets Magazine
    We’ve added a pair of new affiliates in the past week to bring you up to speed about, as there’s always questions from readers on how they can help support the site (aside from being a subscriber at least). We’ve got some good affiliate programs in the ranks right now with the big ones being [...]

More...
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: The Fandom Post Adds CD Japan, Amazon UK As Affiliates

I'll have to remember to take advantage of the CD Japan affiliate relationship. Is there any sort of unique syntax for direct product page URLs that we can use? Or do we have to click through to their main site and go from there?

Also, while I do use CD Japan for some random import items, the bulk of my importing is done through Amazon Japan. Do they have an affiliate program you can sign up for as well?
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
      ...the bulk of my importing is done through Amazon Japan. Do they have an affiliate program you can sign up for as well?
      I'd take advantage of it for all of my imports as well.

Comment

Amazon Japan has refused an affiliate account for us. I've been told by others that they generally limit or decline foreign affiliates.
        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
          Amazon Japan has refused an affiliate account for us. I've been told by others that they generally limit or decline foreign affiliates.
          Chris, may I humbly suggest an affiliation (or, at least an attempt towards one), with HMV Japan? There was a recent topic in the Retail forum that, to me, suggested an interest in their site...I know I was fairly pleased with my experience with them, as another alternative to Amazon JP's costs for smaller shipments.

This page detailing the program does state, somewhat, that they generally prefer websites based in Japan, but that there can also be "exceptional cases". Maybe worth a shot?
          “There was a woman. First time I found someone that was truly alive - at least that's what I thought. She was...the part of me I'd lost somewhere along the way. The part that was missing, that I'd been longing for.” - Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Comment

Booooo!!

Then, I second Shsway's suggestion for HMV Japan, if they offer such a program. I've used them for a couple of purchases in the past few months, and have found them to be a good alternative that I may be using more often for impulse buys and various sales.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Another one that may be worthwhile to add is NISA Online Store: http://nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=af. This page went up earlier this summer.

Comment

Boo hiss amazon and their refusal to get money round these parts.

Comment

So, how does that work? Do we need a special link to invoke affiliate status for purchases?
                  "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same." -- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
                  Avatar -- a somewhat intense EVA-1 from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Comment

About time!

Comment

Originally posted by Shsway View Post
                      Chris, may I humbly suggest an affiliation (or, at least an attempt towards one), with HMV Japan? There was a recent topic in the Retail forum that, to me, suggested an interest in their site...I know I was fairly pleased with my experience with them, as another alternative to Amazon JP's costs for smaller shipments.

This page detailing the program does state, somewhat, that they generally prefer websites based in Japan, but that there can also be "exceptional cases". Maybe worth a shot?
                      YesAsia would be worth having for imports. Robert's Anime Corner Store for US. Both take Paypal & CC payts without hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
                        Originally posted by Shsway View Post

YesAsia would be worth having for imports. Robert's Anime Corner Store for US. Both take Paypal & CC payts without hoops.
                        HMV might be an interesting one; I don't recall there being one at the old AoD. I do know that we did have an affiliation with YesAsia in the past; it was also one of the ones dropped in a streamlining. That one may be possible to restore; and I do think that having at least one of those 2 would be a good idea for an alternate option for imports. But RACS... given the general negativity of them to many users here, I don't think would generate enough to be viable, and I personally would suggest against them.

Finally, your reference to "hoops." We all know what you're alluding to; you've made your opinion on this clear. This is not the thread for it, nor are most of the threads you've been bringing it up in lately. If you have a problem with a merchant, it should be taken up with them privately.
                        -dunno001
                        -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                        -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X