• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentai Filmworks / HIDIVE '18 panels

Widgets Magazine
    Friday, August 10, 2018
    - Sentai Filmworks | 11:30am - 12:30pm
    Do you want to hear what Sentai Filmworks has up its sleeve this year? Come to our industry panel to find out!
    Saturday, August 11, 2018
    - HIDIVE Uncensored [18+] | 12:30am - 1:30am
    &#$@ censorship! Enjoy all the greatest lewd, crude and nude scenes just as they were intended. If you're 18+, have an open mind, and a sense of humor, you'll want to join us as we discover plots and play titillating games for prizes.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-30-2018, 11:30 PM.

Otakon is now underway. Up first is Sentai as they have quite a number of announcements that they are going to make. So with that, Sentai is now on the clock.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Forest of Piano, Seraph of the End, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/BenjaminOscar77/...44516295241728

English dub announced:
      - Girls' Last Tour
      - Just Because!
      - Land of the Lustrous
      - Mitsuboshi Colors

English cast for The Seven Heavenly Virtues was also announced.
      ^ EDIT (list): http://4NN.cx/.135330
      Last edited by WTK; 08-10-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

There was never any question that Girls' Last Tour and Land of the Lustrous would be dubbed, but with a number of other less popular shows getting dubbed that I was a bit worried it wouldn't. Land of the Lustrous is pretty popular, all while it helps that Girls' Last Tour only needs two regular VA's to voice the leads as they have the majority of the dialogue. The one I was losing hope for was Just Because! as the genre of this show makes it a coin flip, and I'm glad they are doing it. But above all, the biggest surprise was Mitsuboshi Colors as Sentai just doesn't dub the run-of-the-mill cute girls doing cute things show that this one is. So they are dubbing everything from the Fall 2017 season that was exclusive to Amazon before joining the HIDIVE lineup, leaving only Hozuki (which isn't going to be dubbed since the first season wasn't) and Dynamic Chord (no chance in hell that's getting dubbed) as shows without dubs. For the winter season, that leaves only Hakumei and Mikochi whose dub prospects remain unknown.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
        Watching: Forest of Piano, Seraph of the End, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Yeah, the others are no big surprise, but I wasn't sure if Mitsuboshi Colors would. Happy to see it announced as dubbed as it's cute and fun.

Comment

This is the kind of announcement I expected Sentai to make at Otakon. All 4 titles are deserving of dubs, but I am a little surprised to see Just Because get one as well because I thought it had a lukewarm reception. Also, I hope they all get LE releases.

Comment

Girls' Last Tour is an easy choice requiring very few actors, and a good one all around. Land of the Lustrous is fairly obvious choice; I stopped it but ended up loving the manga, so I should probably give the anime another shot.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The big question after the Sentai panel: is Hilary Haag more of a Kotoha or a Sat-chan? :D
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine