• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discotek Media '18 panel

Widgets Magazine
    Sunday, August 12, 2018
    - Discotek Industry Panel | 11:30am - 12:30pm
    Discotek Media is a boutique Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital anime publisher that specializes in bringing you the best in classic, overlooked, and exciting new Japanese animation. At our industry panel, you'll meet a panel of Discotek's producers, fans just like you who went pro, and who now strive to make our releases the industry standard. Expect licensing announcements, fun trivia, unique insights into the production process, cool prizes, and a few surprises!
    Last edited by WTK; 08-05-2018, 09:56 AM.

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...172426/?type=3
    Discotek will have a booth at Otakon in Washington D.C. August 10th-12th 2018. Next weekend! We will also have an industry panel on Sunday the 12th at 11:30 AM and there will be many big announcements! More information on the booth will be released later this week!

Comment

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...63675894263808
      Licensing announcements in the double digits. Dream projects. Dub talk. Lots of fun trailers, clips, art, and prizes. Do NOT miss our Otakon panel tomorrow at 11:30am! we're gonna have to go REAL fast to get through it all...!!

Comment

Who should I be following on Twitter for coverage of the Panel?
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

^ Discotek Media and I'm sure there will plenty of other people live-tweeting as well.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...49537567707136
          We'll be live-tweeting all the announcements. Stay tuned to our feed.

Comment

And it's now time for the final industry panel at Otakon. Discotek is now on the clock, and they have a lot they are going to announce at their panel.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
            Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

That panel was CRAZY!
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

So Discotek wins anime for the year, right?

Comment

Only Hells and the Lupin titles for me (where's Blood Spray?), but I'm sure other people will love the old-school shonen and mecha shows.

Oh, and that wasn't even half of what Discotek has on their plate at the moment.

Comment

Recap:
                    - Area 88 (OVA) DVD
                    - Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo SD BD
                    - Galaxy Express 999 TV Series BD (not SD BD) in 3 sets; set 1 (38 eps, TV movie specials, recap episode)
                    - Giant Robo BD (Ginrei specials in SD)
                    - God Mars (TV Series / OVA / Movie) SD BD
                    - Kimagure Orange Road (TV Series, OVA, 1st Movie) BD in 2 sets
                    - Lupin the Third: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid BD
                    - Psycho Armor Govarian SD BD
                    - Space Warrior Baldios TV series BD
                    - VOLTES V SD BD

- Message From Space: Galactic Wars SD BD (live-action)
                    - Space Wolf Juspion SD BD (live-action)

Comment

The old mecha titles certainly got my attention, but I must admit they, along with Discotek's previous Mazinger licenses (I've just started watching Great Mazinger) also raised greedy daydreams of other giant robot series from the 1970s being released. Some of the shows I have in mind, though, would probably mean Discotek having to license from companies they haven't worked with before.

Comment

Had to skip the last two announcements in order to get seating for the AMV Contest results (with me finding out via Twitter), but given everything that was announced before Kimagure Orange Road and Giant Robo, it was obvious that Discotek won Otakon this year,
                        Joseph Klemm
                        "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                        Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                        Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                        Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Ultimately Discotek didn't announce that many things that I'll personally be buying, but it was impossible not to be infected by the enthusiasm in the room and passionately applaud along with everyone at the relentless stream of new information being conveyed with their distinct charm, especially with the constant reminders of how much effort the people working on these releases, almost entirely fans with a love that inspires them to pour their skills into creating the ideal product, put forth.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine