Clear All

• FUNimation '15 panels

Widgets Magazine
    Friday, July 24, 2015
    - Garo: The Animation Official Panel | 4:30pm - 6:00pm

Saturday, July 25, 2015
    - FUNimation Industry Panel | 3:15pm - 4:45pm
    - Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F OFFICIAL | 5:00pm - 6:30pm
    Last edited by WTK; 07-15-2015, 08:30 AM.

Re: FUNimation '15 panels

Is that Resurrection F Panel just a discussion, or a screening of the film?
    Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
    Watching: Dagashi Kashi
    Reading: School-Live!
    Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
    Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

Since it is not in a video room I strongly assume it is just a discussion, but probably with the dub actors in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullman View Post
        There have been quite a few Resurrection F panels since it premiered and from what I understand none of them have had screenings attached. I assume they're keeping it close to the hip until the theatrical run formally starts in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
          Originally posted by Skullman View Post
          There have been quite a few Resurrection F panels since it premiered and from what I understand none of them have had screenings attached. I assume they're keeping it close to the hip until the theatrical run formally starts in August.
          Oh... I just thought it'd be a screening since AX had an advance showing of the Dubbed film...
          Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
          Watching: Dagashi Kashi
          Reading: School-Live!
          Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
          Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/...or-otakon-2015
            Today Was a Fairy Tail: It’s Time for Otakon 2015!
            Posted by Lauren on 07/23/2015 at 1:00am

Fandoms join together like tales in a story book this weekend at Otakon 2015 – and we’ve certainly got a bunch of tales to contribute! Join us as we head to Baltimore, Maryland for panels, announcements, premieres, and much more magical anime fun!

Panels
            • FUNimation Favorites Panel | Friday, July 24th | 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM | Panel Room 7 (Hilton Key 1-6)
              Join FUNimation star as we take a look at some of our personal favorites from current anime and past classics. What’s your FUNimation favorite?
            • FUNimation Peep Show (18+) | Friday, July 24th | 10:30 PM – 11:30 PM |Panel Room 2 (BCC Ballroom II)
              Guaranteed to be a good time that’s oh so NSFW! Watch jiggly clips and trailers from some of the hottest FUNimation titles. Don’t forget to bring tissues, you know, for the nose bleeds. Audience participation encouraged by tweeting using the hashtag #FUNimationPeepShow. You could even win some naughty prizes. 18+, bring your IDs!
            • GARO: The Animation Official Panel | Friday, July 24th | 4:30 PM | Panel Room 2 (BCC Ballroom II)
            • FUNimation Industry Panel | Saturday, July 25th | 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM | Panel Room 7 (Hilton Key 1-6)
              From Akira to Dragon Ball Z, hear the latest news and information from North America’s largest anime distributor–FUNimation
            • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ Official Panel | Saturday, July 25th | 5:00 PM | Panel Room 7 (Hilton Key 1-6)

Autographs

Get an official Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ poster autographed by Sean Schemmel (voice of Goku) and Christopher R. Sabat (Voice of Vegeta) at the FUNimation booth this weekend!
            These autograph sessions will be ticketed with VERY limited quantities each day. Stop by the booth first thing when doors open and be sure to ask for a DBZ autograph ticket to guarantee your spot!
            • Friday, July 24th | 2 PM – 3 PM
            • Saturday, July 25th | 11 AM – 12 PM
            • Sunday, July 26th | 12 PM – 1 PM

Premieres

Fullmetal Alchemist Original: Blu-ray Premiere
            Friday, July 24 | 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM | Video 1 – HD (BCC Hall A) | Episodes 1-4

Synopsis:
            An essential addition to any anime collection, Fullmetal Alchemist recounts the compelling story of the Elric brothers: Two young alchemists who sacrificed innocence and flesh when they ignored the laws of Alchemy in an attempt to resurrect their mother. The horrors they recklessly unleash mark the beginning of an adventure that leads an unforgettable cast of characters from darkness to light and back again.
            In an era of war and corruption, State Alchemist Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse desperately search for the Philosopher’s Stone. The legendary artifact is their last hope to restore what they’ve lost – but how far will they go to get it? From the ashes of their childhood, Edward and Alphonse quickly rise to fame within the ranks of the military, realizing along the way that the power to create is only ever a breath away from the power to destroy. And whether they’re up against monsters, madmen, or military officials, the bond these brothers share will be the greatest weapon they have in the fight for their lives.

Tokyo Ghoul Season 1: English Dub Premiere Saturday, July 25 | 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM | Video 1 – HD (BCC Hall A) | Episodes 1-4
            Season Synopsis:
            In modern day Tokyo, society lives in fear of Ghouls: mysterious creatures who look exactly like humans — yet hunger insatiably for their flesh. None of this matters to Ken Kaneki, a bookish and ordinary young man, until a dark and violent encounter turns him into the first ever Ghoul-human half breed. Trapped between two worlds, Ken must survive the violent conflicts of warring Ghoul factions, while attempting to learn more about Ghoul society, his newfound powers, and the fine line between man and monster.

Booth Specials

Snag yourself a free lanyard with any purchase inside a special edition bag that are only available at our booth! Our awesome bags designs include Space Dandy, Free Eternal Summer and Terror in Resonance.

Plus, Lucky Draw has returned! We have exclusive pins that are only available at the FUNimation booth. Here’s how it works: spend $75 dollars and you get 1 blind box pin, spent $125 get 2 pins and spend $200 dollars you get 3 pins. There’s a bunch of different pin designs that you could take home!

We also have plenty of other gift with purchases, including some autographed items. Stop by the booth for more details!

Comment

Did anyone else misread "Lucky Draw" as "Lucky Star"?

Anyways, when it comes to the panel itself, I have a feeling that there will not be any word pertaining to Dragon Ball Super.
              Joseph Klemm
              "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
              Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
              Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
              Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                Did anyone else misread "Lucky Draw" as "Lucky Star"?

Anyways, when it comes to the panel itself, I have a feeling that there will not be any word pertaining to Dragon Ball Super.
                Well, given that they haven't said a word about Lucky Star that I certainly didn't see it as being misread that way.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
                Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The Funimation panel is going on right now and this is one of the few times they actually started on time at a major con.
                  Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

And now, it's time for announcements.

First of all, it's a new Collectors Edition, and it's for Black Lagoon. Next, it's the contents inside the Tokyo Ghoul season 1 Collectors Edition. And then there's the live action Attack on Titan, Boy and the Beast, Psycho-Pass move, and the new Ghost in the Shell movie getting theatrical runs.
                    Last edited by Buckeye; 07-25-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Hopefully that CE for Black Lagoon doesn't have an otherworldly price tag. If it's reasonable, you can jot me down for picking it up
                      Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

And now, Funimation has some brand new acquisitions. First up, Assassination Classroom season 2 to air in 2016 as expected.

Next up is Project Itoh, a three-part film series with the first, Genocidal Organ, coming in 2016.

And then they have rescued Noein to be released on BD.

Lastly, they have Speed Racer from an era gone by, and it's coming on BD available in Japanese for the first time ever in America.
                        Last edited by Buckeye; 07-25-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Was really hoping to hear about some of the rescued Bandai licenses since it's been a year. Oh well.
                          Avatar: Tomo Takino - Azumanga Daioh

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            And now, Funimation has some brand new acquisitions. First up, Assassination Classroom season 2 to air in 2016 as expected.

Next up is Project Itoh, a three-part film series with the first, Genocidal Organ, coming in 2016.

And then they have rescued Noein to be released on BD.

Lastly, they have Speed Racer from an era gone by, and it's coming on BD available in Japanese for the first time ever in America.
                            The other two Project Itoh films are named Harmony and The Empire of Corpses.

The also picked up Ghost in the Shell New Movie. Only theatrical rights was mentioned (planned for fall 2015).
                            Last edited by WTK; 07-25-2015, 05:21 PM. Reason: typo...

Comment

Originally posted by lk09 View Post
                              Was really hoping to hear about some of the rescued Bandai licenses since it's been a year. Oh well.
                              It's been two years since we've heard anything about almost all of them.

So yeah, nothing too exciting compared to previous Otakon panels for them, especially since they were one of the most underwhelming parts of this year's Anime Expo. I'll probably grab the Black Lagoon CE if it's not too expensive, since I haven't bought any of the series yet. I still don't plan to do so for Tokyo Ghoul, but it's nice to have more information. The theatrical events don't mean anything to me as someone who lives in Vermont, but I suppose they're nice to have, and Ghost in the Shell was expected but potentially interesting. Assassination Classroom was even more obvious but still surprising to have confirmed this early, and Project Itoh at least has me intrigued.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...