• Show
Clear All

• Sentai Filmworks '13 panel

Widgets Magazine
    bayoab feed | aquastar831 UStream Channel

Friday, August 9, 2013
    • Sentai Filmworks| 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Re: Sentai Filmworks '13 panel

So Sentai is now releasing subbed-only BDs now. That's quite surprising, but at least those releases that didn't warrant a dub in their eyes are getting BD upgrades.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
    Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
    Simulcasts: TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Sorry about the stream guys. My connection got drowned out and I couldn't reconnect in time. Hopefully I can get this problem resolved for tomorrow's panels
      Anime Cons Industry Streaming Channel: https://livestream.com/anime-industry
      Owner of Collectors Anime: http://www.collectorsanime.com

Comment

Hey, it's no big deal Aqua. Even bayoab was having problems there. Maybe the panel room was just cursed! Thanks for always covering the panels when you have the chance.
        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by aquastar831 View Post
          Sorry about the stream guys. My connection got drowned out and I couldn't reconnect in time. Hopefully I can get this problem resolved for tomorrow's panels
          Don't worry about it. It's very early in the con, so I am pretty sure the early-con jitters got to you. At least you are doing this for us, which we are greatly in your gratitude for, anyway.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
          Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
          Simulcasts: TBD
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Originally posted by aquastar831 View Post
            Don't worry about it. It's very early in the con, so I am pretty sure the early-con jitters got to you. At least you are doing this for us, which we are greatly in your gratitude for, anyway.
            Yeah, no worries! I'm just extremely grateful you are live streaming the video for us at all.
            My Anime List - My Collection
            Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
            Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
            Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't hear any new license announcements, but it is interesting to see Sentai experiment with sub-only BDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't hear any new license announcements, but it is interesting to see Sentai experiment with sub-only BDs.
                Well, the weekend is still young and they said we would be hearing more from them over the course of the weekend. They may be doing something similar to Anime Expo and saving most of their new announcements for later PRs.

Comment

Wow. Sentai is doing sub-only Blu-Rays. I figured that Sakurasou would be a sub-only release but I would have never would have expect Say "I Love You" getting a dub and a Blu-Ray release at that. Guess its because its 24 episodes vs 13 episodes, then again Little Busters came out around the same time as Sakurasou and Say "I Love You" and its getting a dub. Kinda surprised So I Can't Play H isn't get a dub but I guess not that many people were fans of that show. BTOOOM! on Blu-Ray is a must have for me and I'll probably get Sakurasou and Say " I Love You" later down the line.

Besides revealing their December slate, their panel was pretty much a bust in opinion
                  Boku Janai

Comment

I kept my expectations in check and was happy to see that they are experimenting with sub-only BDs. If the price is right and Sentai QC problems don't arise, I'll pick up Humanity Has Declined and more than likely the first Sakurasou set. Need to support this new move since it opens a door to new possibilities for old titles they released DVD-only.
                    Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

I hope they release Big O on BD.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine