Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX2019 Winners Losers and Thoughts

Widgets Magazine
    Biggest win is "Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei" finally coming to North America. It sure took awhile,

Fans of "Akira" are winners, too. Whether it's a tv series or a bunch of movies, it should be well done and satisfying.

Thank you Sentai Filmworks for announcing title acquisitions at your panel.

Strange enough, Crunchyroll is a winner for premiering "Dr. Stone". It looks like they got a winner.

Funimation kinda lost, no title acquisitions.

The biggest loser though, All Macross Fans Around The World.

Maiden Japan were losers because either they didn't announce anything or worse they did but zero people turned up to report on it. Seriously did that panel even happen?? lol
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
      Maiden Japan were losers because either they didn't announce anything...l
      Checked with rep from Maiden Japan - there were no announcements at their panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Checked with rep from Maiden Japan - there were no announcements at their panel.
        Well that finally answers that question, not that I expected it to be any different. Just weird that no one had actually confirmed that anywhere. I stand by why they even bothered to do a panel with nothing to announce, not like Maiden Japan have a big pull or even that large a catalog of recent releases to talk about and cover for a panel. Kinda bizarre.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

The big winner this year was RightStuf/Nozomi. Additional winners include all the manga companies, who announced at least one title I am looking forward to purchasing. The big loser this year is hard to pick and therefore I will not. Instead, the losers are all the US anime companies. None of them really brought an A game to the convention for me. I feel like it?s a stale market tbh.
          Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

This year was disappointing. Nozomi won for me for announcing the BDs of Boogiepop Phantom and War In the Pocket.

Maiden Japan not announcing anything is kinda surprising compared to their AX panel last year. I think Maria Watches Over Us is the last big thing they have yet to release.
            Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Definitely a disappointing AX for news. The only thing I feel like I was excited about was Akira, particularly the very little we got about a full adaptation, but to a lesser extent the 4K Blu-ray as well.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

My pick for the biggest losers of AX: AMV fans, given all the drama that's been going on in terms of how AMV programming was handled this year.
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine