• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniplex of America '18 panels

Widgets Magazine
    Thursday, July 5, 2018
    - Aniplex of America Industry Panel | 6:30pm - 8:00pm | Live Streamed
    Do titles like Sword Art Online, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or KILL la KILL make your otaku heart skip a beat? Then you don?t want to miss the Aniplex of America Industry panel! Join us as we bring you the latest news on all your favorite Aniplex shows and score some free gifts just for showing up!
    Friday, July 6, 2018
    - Cells at Work! at Anime Expo | 11:00am - 12:00pm
    From the popular manga 'Cells at Work!' comes a brand new anime series produced by david production (JoJo?s Bizarre Adventure)! Get to know these unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside your body with an advance screening of episode 1, awesome giveaways, and special guests!
    - Fate/Grand Order: A Financial & Mythological Wonder | 1:00pm - 2:30pm
    Join YouTube content creator, "The Voice of Saint Quartz," as he expounds upon the convoluted history surrounding one of the most popular and well-received mobile games of our time including where it currently stands in addition to the impact it has already cemented into the future of its medium.
    - PERSONA5 the Animation Steals Anime Expo! | 4:00pm - 5:00pm | Live Streamed
    Unleash your PERSONA and enter the Metaverse with the SMASH HIT JRPG by ATLUS turned popular anime series, PERSONA5 the Animation! Score some free gifts and go behind the scenes of this highly stylish series with Director Masashi Ishihama plus a super-secret appearance by one of the Phantoms!
    - SAO & GGO Summer Festival 2018 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Live Streamed
    Link Start and come to the most talked about event of Anime Expo! Join special guests Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito/SAO), Ai Kayano (Alice/SAO), Tomori Kusunoki (LLENN/GGO), and many more as we explore anime's most beloved virtual reality series!
    Saturday, July 7, 2018
    - Fate/Grand Order 1st Anniversary Celebration Event | 4:30pm - 5:30pm | Live Streamed
    Fellow Masters! Join us as we celebrate Fate/Grand Order's one year anniversary with special guests Ayako Kawasumi (Altria Pendragon), Satoshi Tsuruoka (Arash/Gilles de Rais) and Yosuke Shiokawa (Creative Producer of the FGO PROJECT)! Rayshift to Petree Hall for the latest news and giveaways!

It's now time for the Aniplex panel at AX. They always have quite a lot to announce (though they didn't really at their last con, though there just wasn't a whole lot they could have announced). In any case, I'm hoping for some great stuff to come out of it, and there's at least something that I want to buy.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Only two Blu-ray announcements...

- Garden of Sinners domestic release coming in September
      - Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Pt. 1 in November

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman12340 View Post
        Only two Blu-ray announcements...

- Garden of Sinners domestic release coming in September
        - Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Pt. 1 in November
        https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/statu...59596514332673
        https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/statu...60144206614528

I want to eat your Pancreas coming to theaters.

Demon Slayer & The Promised Neverland were promoted, but it's not 100% clear if they will be distributing it.

Comment

I would be interested in that Garden of Sinners Blu-ray but I don't buy anything from Aniplex that doesn't have duel audio. Not paying their prices and not get that basic option.
          "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

How are they STILL charging that much for Garden of Sinners in 2018!? It doesn't even include Recalled Out Summer does it? Seriously it's madness.
            Last edited by BlaizeV; 07-06-2018, 06:06 AM.
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
              I would be interested in that Garden of Sinners Blu-ray but I don't buy anything from Aniplex that doesn't have duel audio. Not paying their prices and not get that basic option.
              I think this has to do with the fact that Garden of Sinners movies are relatively old (hence the demand for the English dub would be remarkably lower) and the fact that Aniplex USA is dubbing the Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel films. That being said, across from the Japanese import they did several years back, Aniplex USA isn't the kind of company that is willing to re-release something with an English dub (barring a few exceptions like Blue Exorcist and Anohana), so I was expecting this to be a sub-only release.
              Last edited by TheKawaiiTrain; 07-07-2018, 10:27 AM.
              Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

I was hoping for more, at the very least answer the question about what they are going to do with shows they have no control of the streaming rights over as it has been their business model to put their shows everywhere they can and on Crunchyroll at the bare minimum. The Promised Neverland is going to be another one of those shows as it's going to be exclusive to Amazon. While Aniplex is apparently committed to release Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra, that's more because of the franchise than anything. And with them stopping short of licensing Demon Slayer that it's possible that Amazon or Netflix is going to get it for themselves.

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the Fate movies, but should I decide to get it, I have to think about whether to spend $210 for the LE or $120 for the SE. I'll have a clearer picture once I get a shot of the LE release.

In the meantime, the Fate/Grand Order panel is now underway, and coincidentally, the game is undergoing maintenance. I'm guessing that there's a gift they are planning to announce at the panel.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
                Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The Garden of Sinners domestic release is an exact copy of the JP SE Box, but with translated disc labels and whatever text may be in the booklet. The $249 price tag is the same price I paid for the JP SE almost 5 years ago. I've also long owned the over-sized JP LE Box set with the big hardcover book, both the JP and AoA releases of Recalled Out Summer, and all of the non-English DVD single boxes for their front panel art and OST discs, so I really won't have any need to get this one.
                  Girls With Guns Avatar: None. Too minuscule to bother with.

Comment

http://4NN.cx/.134107 (July 10)

Anime Expo 2018: Cells At Work! Premiere Report

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine