• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viz Media '17 panels

Widgets Magazine
    Saturday, July 1, 2017
    - Viz Media Industry Panel | 1:30PM - 2:30PM
    Join the VIZ Media crew as we talk about some of your favorite titles like NARUTO, ONE-PUNCH MAN, TOKYO GHOUL and SAILOR MOON. We'll also be making announcements, showing off exclusive first looks at new titles, giving away prizes and having a grand old time. There might even be jokes!
    - Shonen Jump Panel | 6:30pm - 7:30pm
    Hang out with the English language editors of the world's most popular manga! We've got exciting news about the LATEST developments on new series, all-time fan favorites, and what we're doing to bring you the world's best manga! We'll also have amazing prizes up for grabs. Plus special guest Yuto Tsukuda, co-creator of Food Wars! Don't miss it!
    Sunday, July 2, 2017
    - Viz Media Food Wars! Panel | 2:30pm - 4:00pm
    Join Warner Bros. Japan and VIZ Media in welcoming the co-creator of the saucy culinary manga FoodWars!, Yuto Tsukuda, as he makes his first North American appearance! Tsukuda Sensei, along with his Japanese and English editors, will discuss the creative process behind the hit series. This is a special opportunity to get a small taste of what goes into creating the spiciness that is Food Wars!
    - Shonen Jump Presents: The Official JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Panel | 7:30pm - 9:00pm
    It's the hit manga and anime series with more excitement and outrageousness than you can... STAND! Join your friends from VIZ Media for a celebration of this epic manga and anime series with special guests, the latest news and maybe even some surprizes! Get ready to pose and unleash your power at the official JOJO's BIZARRE ADVENTURE panel.
    Monday, July 3, 2017
    - Official Sailor Moon Panel | 11:00am - 1:00pm
    Sailor Moon Day is back and packed with even more glitter! Join your friends from VIZ Media as well as many members from the staff and cast of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal for a festive time filled with news, updates and more from everyone's favorite Guardian of Love and Justice. All attendees will receive a special treat while supplies last, so, in the name of the Moon, don't miss it!
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017
    - Shonen Jump Presents Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Official Panel | 1:00pm - 2:00pm
    Meet the next generation of great ninja with English voice cast of the hit film, BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE! We'll be talking about the movie, manga and the all-new TV series streaming each week on VIZ.com! All attendees will receive a special gift while supplies last, so be sure to line up early!

https://twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/880866780490551297
    Saturday July 1st at @AnimeExpo I'll be at the @VIZMedia Industry Panel at 1:30 PM in Live Programming 1...for a VERY cool announcement!!

Comment

Hmmm how very itneresting, looking forward for the surprise announcement.

With the Viz Media panel set to begin 3 hours from now in Central Time, here are my predictions on what we may expect on the Viz Media panel today at AX.

Expectations:
      • New Manga licensing announcements and acquisitions
      • Release dates for the latest Manga volumes and Books
      • Release dates for the upcoming sets of Hunter x Hunter, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, etc... on Blu-Ray/DVD
      • Trailers for their licensed anime series that have been released or have yet to come out
      • Details on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Blu-Ray Set 1 releasing in August

Hopes:
      • An Anime licensing acquisition (Perhaps 1 or 2, if we're lucky)
      • Release date for Terra Formars on Blu-Ray/DVD
      • English Cast Announcement for Hunter x Hunter's Greed Island Arc
      • English Cast Announcement for Terra Formars
      • Accel World: Infinite Burst Licensing acquisition
      • Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rogue and Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission Licensing acquisition
      • Streaming dates for their other licensed series (aside from Boruto) on Viz.com
      Last edited by Animefan1995; 07-01-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hopes: A bunch of great manga, it's super frustrating that a lot of titles are avoided by other publishers especially when Viz have no interest in publishing them. There has been some slow progress with that, though.

If Kingdom gets licensed, I might scream.

Comment

Time for thi Viz panel. Manga news is guaranteed, and we shall see if they have anything on the anime front.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881256898716196865
            We're bugging out! #TerraFormars English cast announced! Includes Kirbopher & @ericalindbeck! #AX2017 #VIZPanel

Comment

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881261317734137856
              Announcement: VIZ Media acquires Fire Punch - Debuts January 2018!
              https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881261377603731457
              Announcement: Sisyphean, the award-winning masterpiece by Dempow Torishima is coming January 2018!
              https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881261577437163521
              Announcement! VIZ Media to release #FullmetalAlchemist Fullmetal Edition. #VIZPanel
              https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881261710048362496
              Announcement! @ShojoBeat has acquired Kenka Bancho Otome: Girl Beats Boys!
              https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881262365756575744
              Announcement: Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector--Where am I Meow? Out February 2018. Can you find all the kitty cats?
              https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881262465190961154
              Announcement: Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector--Haiku coming February 2018.

Comment

It has been awhile since they announced the Terra Formars license that I nearly forgot that they had this show. And as usual, their panels are dominated by manga announcements.
                Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  It has been awhile since they announced the Terra Formars license that I nearly forgot that they had this show. And as usual, their panels are dominated by manga announcements.
                  That's Viz Media in a nutshell.

Comment

Apparently the FMA Manga Volumes are going to be Hard Covers which is really nice!
                    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                      Apparently the FMA Manga Volumes are going to be Hard Covers which is really nice!
                      Looks like I'll be getting a second copy of that series, since I already have and love the complete box set.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                        Judging by the details, it appears to be a localization of the "Kanzenban" or "Perfect Edition", as well as an updated translation. This is going to be an instant buy for me, though I have no idea what I'll do with my old volumes.

Comment

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881954447059935232
                          #MoonPanel news! New #SailorMoon merch coming to @HotTopic this holiday season! #AX2017
                          https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/881960830912344064
                          #MoonPanel Announcement: Sailor Moon Crystal Set 3 makes its sparkling debut this holiday season!

Comment

So it turns out that Viz had more to announce after their panel. I figured that the third season would get solicited here as it's about time to do so. And on top of that, there's new merchandise to boot.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X