• Sentai Filmworks '13 panels

Widgets Magazine
    Thursday (July 4th)
    • Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel | 4:00pm - 5:00pm

Sunday (July 7th)
    • The Garden of Words Panel with Makoto Shinkai | 11:15am - 12:15pm

https://www.facebook.com/notes/senta...56054677754981
    SENTAI FILMWORKS TO ATTEND ANIME EXPO 2013

HOUSTON, June 12, 2013 — Anime Expo 2013 is just around the corner, and Sentai Filmworks will be there to bring you our very best in the biggest AX offering of our young company's history.

We've got lots of events, giveaways, and announcements planned for our fans this year, and we're sure you won't want to miss a single second of it. In fact, we're going to make sure you don't. From now until July 4th our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages will be "Sentai AX Central", bringing you info about what we'll be doing, where we'll be, what kind of announcements to expect, and sneak peeks of all of our special events that will take place throughout AX weekend. Every day we'll have some new info, picture or video to share with you guys, starting with today's bit of news:

We will have SEVERAL licensing announcements at our Industry panel this year, including some that we've been waiting for just the right time to reveal!

What about during the con? In addition to our pre-con coverage, we will be posting anything and everything Sentai Filmworks related during the convention itself on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, including announcing opportunities for giveaways and up to the minute reveals straight from the convention floor. You won't want to miss a single update, so make sure to add us everywhere you can to follow the excitement as it happens.

We can't wait until AX when we'll be able to share everything with our fans. In the meantime, make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter to get the full Sentai experience in the weeks heading into and during Anime Expo. We're doing it big this year, and one thing's for sure: you're not going to believe what we've got planned!

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sentaifilmworks
    Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/sentaifilmworks
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/sentaifilmworks

What: Anime Expo 2013
    Where: Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California
    When: July 4th - 7th
    Where you can find us: Booth 1201
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    SENTAI FILMWORKS HOSTS MAKOTO SHINKAI

HOUSTON, June 14, 2013 — Sentai Filmworks is proud to welcome critically acclaimed director Makoto Shinkai as our Special Guest of Honor for Anime Expo 2013; and in celebration of the event, Sentai will be hosting the official English Language premiere of his new animated masterpiece, The Garden of Words. A mesmerizing drama focusing on two unusual acquaintances who become much more than friends over the course of several rainy days, The Garden Of Words is the latest animated treasure to join Shinkai's amazing pantheon of previous work, which already includes the breakout hit Voices of a Distant Star, She and Her Cat, The Place Promised In Our Early Days, 5CM Per Second and the feature length Children Who Chase Lost Voices.

Widely considered to be one of the most influential new figures in the anime industry by fans and critics alike, this will be Makoto Shinkai’s first appearance at Anime Expo, North America’s largest dedicated anime convention. Both the convention and the official Premiere of The Garden Of Words will take place in the Los Angeles Convention Center in downtown Los Angeles, CA, with Mr. Shinkai appearing from July 6th and 7th and the Premiere taking place on July 6th at 3:00PM in Video Room 1. Whether you’re an anime enthusiast or a serious student of film, this event promises to be a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity to meet and interact with an animation legend in the making. The fireworks will only be the start of the festivities, so come join Sentai Filmworks, Anime Expo and 50,000+ attendees as we show Mr. Shinkai how anime fans celebrate the four day Fourth of July weekend!
    http://thegardenofwordsmovie.com/news.html
    News

Sentai Filmworks' is proud to present Makoto Shinkai as their Anime Expo Guest of Honor 2013 and to announce the Premiere of the English language dub.

Guest Appearances

Saturday 3:00PM to 4:00PM
    Makoto Shinkai will introduce the English Premiere in Video Room 1. Seating for 1,000. Open to the public.

Saturday 4:15PM to 5:00PM
    Makoto Shinkai will sign autographs at The Garden of Words Green Carpet Event at Lounge 21. Free cocktails courtesy of Sentai Filmworks. Limited space available. Free VIP tickets available at Sentai booth - while supplies last.

Sunday 1:00PM
    Industry Guest Panel for The Garden of Words
    Last edited by WTK; 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks '13 panels

https://www.facebook.com/notes/senta...60362937324155

Sentai Filmworks Announces Makoto Shinkai Anime Expo Schedule.

Sentai Filmworks is proud to bring Makoto Shinkai, director behind such masterpieces as Children Who Chase Lost Voices, 5cm Per Second, and his latest marvel, The Garden of Words, to this year's Anime Expo as our honored guest.

In addition to hosting the US English Language premiere of The Garden of Words, Shinkai-san will also be appearing in a number of other venues. Below is his full schedule of appearances:

The Garden of Words English Language Premiere

Saturday, July 6th
    3:00 PM - 4:00 PM in Video Room 1

Enjoy the US English Language Premiere of Makoto Shinkai's lastest masterpiece The Garden of Words, with an introduction from the director himself!

The Garden of Words Green Carpet Reception

Saturday, July 6th
    4:15 PM - 5:15 PM in Lounge 21

The drinks are on us at The Garden of Words Green Carpet Reception, where famed director Makoto Shinkai will be available for autograph/photo requests. Limited space available, must be 21 or older.

The Garden of Words Panel: A Conversation with Makoto Shinkai

Sunday, July 7th
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM in LP1

We invite you to attend The Garden of Words Panel, where director Makoto Shinkai will speak candidly about his new film, as well as answer questions from the audience.

For more details on The Garden of Words, visit www.thegardenofwordsmovie.com

My AP Profile

Comment

Since Sentai pretty much has a lock on all future Shinkai works what does this mean for past stuff?

5 Centimeters Per Second was never released on Blu-ray by ADV or Crunchyroll/Bandai right?

Since Bandai stopped production of DVDs the title is currently OOP unless I'm wrong.

Is Crunchyroll still the official licensor or is it possible for Sentai to rescue it?

I actually preferred the ADV dub but it'd be neat if the Blu-ray and DVD re-release included the Bang Zoom dub too. Didn't Sentai do that with the Appleseed Blu-ray (had both Sentai & Geneon dubs)

Then again, Crunchyroll and Sentai seem to have a good relationship ever since they joined together in response to Funico and are still going strong.

Maybe they'll work out an arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by framefreeze100 View Post
        Then again, Crunchyroll and Sentai seem to have a good relationship ever since they joined together in response to Funico and are still going strong.

Maybe they'll work out an arrangement?
        Sentai hasn't joined together with crunchyroll in the same vain as Funico (Attack on Titan, a Funi title, is also streaming on Crunchyroll).

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Fenix View Post
          Sentai hasn't joined together with crunchyroll in the same vain as Funico (Attack on Titan, a Funi title, is also streaming on Crunchyroll).
          There never was any formal announced partnership like Funico, but there does seem to be some kind of unannounced, informal partnership between them. Otherwise, we would not be seeing every Sentai simulcast license from this season streamed on Crunchyroll. There are some simulcasts they've shared with FUNi or Viz, but it doesn't happen on a regular basis like with Sentai simulcast licenses. It's far more common for their titles to NOT also be streamed on Crunchyroll.
          EmperorBrandon
          Subscriber
          Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 06-21-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Also don't forget that NISA licenses are streamed through Crunchyroll at times as well. I wouldn't go so far to say that Sentai has any kind of partnership with them; it's just convenient for the two of them to work together. Crunchyroll is more than happy to get their streaming licenses from anywhere they can.
            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

For their industry panel, I hope that Section23/Sentai give some indication that they have their QC issues under control.
              Currently Watching | MAL Profile
              Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabure View Post
                For their industry panel, I hope that Section23/Sentai give some indication that they have their QC issues under control.
                What QC issues? All the anime from Sentai I have this year are flawless (without flaw)
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                  What QC issues? All the anime from Sentai I have this year are flawless (without flaw)
                  Well it is for certain titles. Kids on the Slope had that episode where the Japanese track was mono, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere had a nosedive in the picture quality that lasted half an episode, and Tari Tari has mistimed subtitles, and there are more that I don't exactly recall at this point. In any case, QC issues have been cropping up way more than it should.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
                  Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
                  Simulcasts: TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                    Well it is for certain titles. Kids on the Slope had that episode where the Japanese track was mono, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere had a nosedive in the picture quality that lasted half an episode, and Tari Tari has mistimed subtitles, and there are more that I don't exactly recall at this point. In any case, QC issues have been cropping up way more than it should.
                    Some of the issues are documented in individual threads in our very own Glitch Disc subforum, including things like dub audio problems. Here is a quick list of others (with some overlap), which also addresses the issue that Sentai (and Media Blasters) have had with being incapable of authoring 1080i content without video defects. To date, aside from replacement copies for Kids on the Slope (which likely only happened because it was A) a high-profile title and B) because the criticism of it took prominence online and reached a critical mass point where Sentai couldn't just ignore it) and a comment by David Williams at a previous convention about wanting to get away from just accepting 1080i materials from Japan, there hasn't been any real action we're aware of, or acknowledgment that these are real problems.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      Exactly. Just because 27Cans have "flawless" DVDs and/or Blu-rays from them doesn't mean that they don't have QC issues. The Kids on the Slope issue was probably the biggest with the sound quality (I know that there was a lot of commotion about it here from what I read, componded by the fact that KotS is a high-profile series), and there was also some uproar with the Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-rays in that they were in 1080i instead of 1080p. I was staying neutral about the QC issues before it finally affected a title that I deeply care about, and that of course was Tari Tari (though that's really a half-truth; I do have the BSP Blu-rays but can't play them until I purchase a Blu-ray player. From what I heard the MGX Blu-rays are fine). That's why I want to know if they have these issues under control because it's greatly affecting my desire to pre-order any future releases from them. I do want to purchase the AKB0048 and Elfen Lied Blu-rays eventually, and I'm afraid that they might screw up a few other titles that are high on my purchasing list (the highest being Girls und Panzer).
                      Sabure
                      u'sic Forever!
                      Last edited by Sabure; 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM.
                      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Hoping for some great announcements at AX. They only thing I am pretty sure about is that they will probably be announcing a lot of summer streaming shows.
                        Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/a9JvYlQlmJ/#
                          Today's AX Update: Swing on by the Sentai booth (booth 1201!) all weekend to get your hands on this lovely Chu2 item at this year's Door Hanger Expo! #animeexpo #chunibyo #chu2 #anime

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/notes/senta...66069230086859
                            Sentai Filmworks Schedule of Events

Thursday July 4th
                            Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel - 4PM to 5PM Concourse Room LP3
                            Join us as we announce some exciting new licenses and give you a sneak peek at things to come. You won't want to miss this one, so make sure you get primo seats, you'll want to be up close for what we've got planned!

Friday July 5th
                            Jessica Nigri Cosplay Event pt. 1 at Sentai Filmworks Booth 1201
                            Join the Cosplay Queen herself, Jessica Nigri, at our booth (booth 1201) and check out her awesome cosplay, get autographs and more!

Saturday July 6th
                            Jessica Nigri Event pt. 2 at Sentai Filmworks Booth 1201
                            Today is your last chance to check out Jessica Nigri in her badass cosplay, don't forget to get the exclusive Sentai Filmworks/Jessica Nigri Cosplay poster at our booth and have her sign it!

The Garden of Words Premiere - 3 PM in Video Room 1
                            Join us for the world wide premiere of The Garden of Words English dub, hosted by the master himself, Makoto Shinkai!

The Garden of Words Green Carpet Reception - 4PM in Lounge 21
                            The drinks are on us at The Garden of Words Green Carpet Reception, where famed director Makoto Shinkai will be available for autograph/photo requests. Limited space available, must be 21 or older.

Sunday July 7th
                            Q&A Panel w/Makoto Shinkai - 11 AM in Concourse Room LP1
                            You are cordially invited to attend The Garden of Words Panel, where director Makoto Shinkai will speak candidly about his new film, as well as answer questions from the audience.

EVENTS HAPPENING ALL FOUR DAYS

Mystery Cosplay! Outside Figueroa St. & Pico Blvd.
                            Join us and cosplay group LT3 as they do a group cosplay that you'll have to see to believe! We guarantee that by the first hour of AX, everyone will know who they're cosplaying as, so keep an eye out on our social media feeds.

Kids on the Slope Cosplay - Sentai Filmworks Booth 1201
                            Join our three favorite jazz lovers for an awesome cosplay photoshoot!

Bodacious Space Pirates Cosplay - Sentai Filmworks Booth 1201
                            Join us and some very special guests for an awesome cosplay event you won't want to miss!

Comment

Obviously the focus is on The Garden of Words (and rightfully so, although it amuses me to see them going on about the world premiere of the dub after I've watched it several times), but with as big a deal as they're making about presenting Shinkai, I'd like to believe that they might announce his first three movies for Blu-ray and DVD this weekend.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine