• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] ViKi site to stream Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma anime worldwide

Widgets Magazine
    via ANN | PR posted by CR news
    Viki Site Streams Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma Anime Worldwide
    posted on 2012-03-15 20:00 EDT

6-episode sci-fi show from Captain Harlock/Yamato/Galaxy Express 999 creator

Viki, a website that streams authorized videos with crowd-sourced translations, will release Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma television anime series worldwide as it airs in Japan. The six-episode science-fiction series is the first major new anime from creator Leiji Matsumoto (Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999) in five years. The anime will premiere on Japan's premium WOWOW channel this Friday, March 16 at midnight, and Viki will stream the series 24 hours later outside Japan...
    Last edited by WTK; 03-16-2012, 12:31 AM.

Re: ViKi site to stream Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma anime worldwide

I noticed they have another anime on there called Master of Epic and only the first two episodes even have English subs and they aren't even complete, they're only partially subbed.

I'm looking forward to watching Ozma but I'm not thrilled about this site at all.
    Last edited by chronoclast; 03-15-2012, 08:47 PM.
    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
      I noticed they have another anime on there called Master of Epic and only the first two episodes even have English subs and they aren't even complete, they're only partially subbed.
      I was about to respond with "Yay! Master of Epic!" and then I read the rest of this and cried that the effort seems half-hearted. As for the thread in general, never heard of ViKi before.

Comment

Relying on crowdsourcing to translate your content???

Comment

I have never heard of this site before today. I'm not too sure how I feel about crowd-sourced translations.

Comment

Well i am not into streaming and so but i hope that this will prompt the Japanese BD release to have English sub or that someone will pick the series for a US release.
            Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

I read the title interested in a new site simulcasting anime, but crowd-sourced translations do not sound appealing. I'm sure I'll end up checking it out and seeing how they are at some point. I've been interested in this new Leiji Matsumoto anime anyway. I'd rather it be left to the professionals, but I guess this is better than nothing if that's not an option.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              Fandom Post Radio

Comment

So basically they're hoping for fansubbers to make subtitles for a legal stream?

Comment

I posted a full list of anime titles (at least what I could find, their site sucks for browsing) here.

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                    I read the title interested in a new site simulcasting anime, but crowd-sourced translations do not sound appealing.
                    I actually came upon the site via Quora rather than the Ozma news. First thing I clicked on was an episode of Penguin Musume Heart, and there was a junk line coming up straight away ("hermana" in the Japanese subs, when the line is actually "お姉様早くしないと間に合いませんわよ" - but the episode has no other Japanese subs). There was no way to flag it, just to give it a low rating. But I could just enter a new line to overwrite it...? The system seems rather open to abuse... not just for plain trolling and spamming but for fights over honourifics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                      Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                      I read the title interested in a new site simulcasting anime, but crowd-sourced translations do not sound appealing.
                      I actually came upon the site via Quora rather than the Ozma news. First thing I clicked on was an episode of Penguin Musume Heart, and there was a junk line coming up straight away ("hermana" in the Japanese subs, when the line is actually "お姉様早くしないと間に合いませんわよ" - but the episode has no other Japanese subs). There was no way to flag it, just to give it a low rating. But I could just enter a new line to overwrite it...? The system seems rather open to abuse... not just for plain trolling and spamming but for fights over honourifics etc.
                      Man, even worse than I expected. I'm glad this ended up on Crunchyroll.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...