• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

Widgets Magazine
    • Vol.1
      • MSRP: $49.98 | 58 minutes
      • Spoken Languages: English (TrueHD 5.1), Japanese (TrueHD 5.1), English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Mandarin subtitles, Cantonese subtitles.
      • Video: 1080p High Definition 16:9 Widescreen.

• Vol.2
      • MSRP: $59.98 | 59 minutes + 29 minutes bonus
      • Special Features: Story So Far, Promotional Clips, TV Commercials, Character & MS Highlights.
      • Spoken Languages: English (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), Japanese (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Mandarin subtitles, Cantonese subtitles.

• Vol.3
      • MSRP: $59.98 | 59 minutes + 22 minutes bonus
      • Special Features: Story So Far, Promotional Clips, TV Commercials, Character & MS Highlights, Textless Ending.
      • Spoken Languages: English (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), Japanese (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Mandarin subtitles, Cantonese subtitles.

• Vol.4
      • MSRP: $59.98 |
      • Release date: 12/2/2011
    Last edited by WTK; 07-23-2011, 09:21 AM.

Got all three, can't wait to see the rest (3?). So cool to see old-schoolesque designs in very shiny BD fashion.

Comment

Still waiting for my third volume, but I really like it so far. As mentioned, it is so cool seeing old-fashioned drawings in near perfect HD on Blu-ray. I don't know at which resolution it's being animated, but it looks ace. I find the story to be very complicated, but that's just all the more reason to watch those expensive episodes more than once

Comment

Originally posted by VinceA View Post
        So cool to see old-schoolesque designs in very shiny BD fashion.
        It's refreshing to see mecha that actually move like they have mass and intertia, for that matter; they're not bouncing around like there's someone with a DualShock just offscreen like some of the recent TV efforts.

It's also remarkably accessible. My UC Gundam experience is mostly the previous numerical OVAs, but Unicorn hasn't been nearly as difficult to follow as I'd feared going into it.
        "This place is weird, but it sure isn't that weird."
        --
        My Nanami cel gallery (Last Updated: 05-20-11)
        Moderating: US BD/DVD, UK BD/DVD, Recommendations, Gaming Goodness

Comment

Originally posted by tuffy View Post
          It's refreshing to see mecha that actually move like they have mass and intertia, for that matter; they're not bouncing around like there's someone with a DualShock just offscreen like some of the recent TV efforts.
          That's one of the biggest reasons I love the UC stories. No matter how ridiculous the technology gets, real world physics still plays a role in battles. I also like how the concept of the mecha being powered by nuclear reactors acts as a deterrent for the characters to just casually mow down the enemy. You can't really protect a space colony when a small nuclear blast goes off every time you score a direct hit on an enemy unit.
          Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

I should really pick this up. The only reason I haven't is because I was waiting for more of the series to get released... but with three volumes out, I suppose this is a safe bet now. Which other UC Gundam series is this most like?

Comment

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
              Which other UC Gundam series is this most like?
              I'd say Zeta, but Banagher isn't punching everyone in the face like Kamille did. Unicorn is rather unique in that it is heavily influenced by Tomino's original concepts, but isn't actually written or directed by him. The previous UC stories that were done by different writers/directors avoided the newtype aspect of the timeline. Unicorn is kind of unprecedented in this regard.
              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

There's also less "smacktion" in Unicorn. Don't remember seeing Banagher being on the receiving end of 'corrections' like Kamille was.

Comment

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

The JP Vol.4 release has a date now. Not quite fall 2011 I guess.
                  Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  via AV Watch

Vol.4 | 6,090yen | Release date: 12/2/2011

Comment

Kinda crazy that the series is already up to vol. 4. And I still have yet to nab vol. 1, because I'm a bad person.

Comment

via AV Watch

As expected same release date for the U.S. release. MSRP is $59.98: link

Comment

via AV Watch

As expected same release date for the U.S. release. MSRP is $59.98: link
                        I can't remember... what does the Bandai Store sell them for when they're first listed? I doubt it's the MSRP, but I'm not sure if it was the 45 bucks the old volumes are listed at now, and I honestly can't remember what I've spent.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
                          I can't remember... what does the Bandai Store sell them for when they're first listed? I doubt it's the MSRP, but I'm not sure if it was the 45 bucks the old volumes are listed at now, and I honestly can't remember what I've spent.
                          Going off Vol.3's MSRP ($59.98), the pre-order price was $39.98. It should be the same for Vol.4 (whenever they chose to list it).

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
                            Going off Vol.3's MSRP ($59.98), the pre-order price was $39.98. It should be the same for Vol.4 (whenever they chose to list it).
                            Nice. I thought the other prices seemed a little high. Not that it isn't still high. I'll definitely be pre-ordering it whenever they list it, though.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

via TFP article | Bandai Ent. The Store listing
                              October 3, 2011 (Cypress, CA) –Bandai Entertainment announced the specs today for Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Unicorn) Vol. 4 “At the Bottom of the Gravity Well” Blu-ray.

Mobile Suit GundamUC (Unicorn) Vol. 4 Blu-ray will be released December 2, 2011*. It will feature Japanese audio with English subtitles as well as an English language version.

It will be available at the Bandai Entertainment Store, http://store.bandai-ent.com/and Amazon Marketplace and other select online retailers. The SRP is $59.98. The pre-order price on the store prior to street date is $39.98. From street date, the Bandai store price will be $44.99.

Color / 80 min. / 16:9 [1080p High Definition] / BD50G / AVC

AUDIO:
                              1. Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1ch
                              2. Japanese Dolby Digital 2.0ch
                              3. English Dolby TrueHD 5.1ch
                              4. English Dolby Digital 2.0ch

SUBTITLES:
                              1. Japanese
                              2. English
                              3. French
                              4. Spanish

5. Traditional Mandarin
                              6. Traditional Cantonese