Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Widgets Magazine
    Here is a tiny nugget of info from late January in regards to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (via FUNimation Panel Q&A - Ohayocon 2012)

DVD and Blu-ray
    • no hard fast release date
    • you will see it before the end of year
    • hoping for a release before end of summer / beginning of fall

Originally posted by PR
    FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Anime Fan Favorite Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Flower Mound, TX (April 14, 2011) - FUNimation(R) Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment, broadcast and digital rights for the madcap anime series “Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt”from Kadokawa Shoten Co., Ltd.

The 13-episode original series is the latest creation by studio GAINAX (“Evangelion,” “FLCL,” and “Gurren Lagann”) with a host of talented directors at work throughout the course of the series.

About Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

The Anarchy sisters, Panty and Stocking, are angels who were kicked out of Heaven due to bad behavior. They are sent to Daten City, a place located on the edge of Heaven and Hell, where creatures called "Ghosts" have run wild - feeding on human desire. Under the watchful eye of Reverend Garterbelt, it's up to Panty and Stocking to destroy these Ghosts, in order to collect enough Heaven Coins to return to Heaven. Only the Anarchy sisters can save humanity from these monsters and when they're not bickering with each other, they're unstoppable.

FUNimation will release the complete series on DVD in 2012.

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Well, at least we have a general idea of when it is going to come out. Also, it's nice to finally have confirmation of a blu-ray version.
    Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

On Blu-ray and this year, possibly not too late in it? Good enough for me right now.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I wish there was more solid info, but any info is good info. BD is now confirmed, but I think there will be a lot of complaints about image quality on the BDs, which don't look much different than the 480p Crunchyroll streams with smoothing turned on.

Comment

ok then by the way will also those mini short specials as well?

yea give more hmm for s2 give if anyone recall yea "you know what".
          LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
          ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
          WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
          MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

I thought they said in their rapid fire video Q&A last month that there'd be no bluray.
            -Keith

Comment

Until I get around to watching the series, it's not going to be purchased...

Comment

Originally posted by sickvisionz View Post
                I wish there was more solid info, but any info is good info. BD is now confirmed, but I think there will be a lot of complaints about image quality on the BDs, which don't look much different than the 480p Crunchyroll streams with smoothing turned on.
                Why? Do the Japanese BDs have poor image quality too?

Originally posted by Ingraman View Post
                Until I get around to watching the series, it's not going to be purchased...
                It looks like the only way to watch it now is to subscibe to FUNi's Elite Video thingie.
                Last edited by ProvidenceBreaker; 02-25-2012, 08:22 AM.
                Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

I probably won't get it, but it's good that it's being floated out there along with the fact that no BD version is coming. And it should be pretty interesting to see what Funi decides to include as the LE item. They could do what they did with Shuffle, but I don't think that was well-received.
                  Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
                  Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Clannad, Vinland Saga
                  Simulcasts: TBD
                  A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    I thought they said in their rapid fire video Q&A last month that there'd be no bluray.
                    Are you sure? It was noted that it was coming soon without mentioning the format (link - noted on 1/30/12).

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                      Why? Do the Japanese BDs have poor image quality too?
                      Yes. I'm sure there are screenshots floating around somewhere.

Comment

Here's a screenshot from the Japanese BD:

http://underwater.nyaatorrents.org/bin/psgbd.png

Looks upscaled, with lots of artificial grain.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post

http://underwater.nyaatorrents.org/bin/psgbd.png

What's to stop FUNi from using that master for the DVDs? I guess it doesn't really matter what format it is on at this point. FLCL all over again. Not that it will change my decision to purchase it. I've come to expect compromise with Gainax titles.
                          Last edited by ProvidenceBreaker; 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post

It looks fine to me. I'm not seeing the big deal. Maybe in motion its more of an issue but I see no issue in this.
                            Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenWaste View Post
                              It looks fine to me. I'm not seeing the big deal. Maybe in motion its more of an issue but I see no issue in this.
                              It doesn't look bad to me, either. It's just not a significant upgrade from a DVD.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X