• Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Kurenai

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    KURENAI”

HOUSTON, February 23, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is pleased to announce the licensing of KURENAI, the 12 episode series that pits a seven-year-old heiress and her teenage bodyguard against her own family. Based on the light novels by Kentaro Katayama with illustrations by Yamoto Yamamoto, the series features direction and script supervision by Kou Matsuo (Rozen Maiden, Yozakura Quartet) and character designs by Kumi Ishii (Rozen Maiden, Oreimo).

He’s only a teenager, but Kurenai Shinkurou is already both a master of an arcane martial art and an experienced professional mediator with a long track record of resolving disputes. Not bad for someone who’s just sixteen and still in school, but everyone has their limits and Kurenai may have met his when his boss and role model, Benika, responds to his request for a more challenging assignment by giving him the task of protecting young Murasaki Kuhoin. Never mind that she’s only seven, the fact that the people Kurenai’s supposed to protect her from are her own very rich and extremely powerful family is guaranteed to take this job into the danger zone. Now the heat is on and Kurenai’s scrambling to put out as many fires as he can, even as the secrets surrounding his young charge bring everything else to a flashpoint in KURENAI!

KURENAI will be available digitally soon, with a home video release on subtitled DVD scheduled for later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Kurenai

Another show I thought I'd never see released here. Day 1 buy.

Thanks Sentai! Again!
    Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

It's definitely interesting to this getting this licensed. In some ways, I wasn't expecting it too. I'm sure I will be getting this when it's solicited/released. It's too bad that Blu-ray rights weren't acquired though (of which doesn't surprise me).

Comment

I'd have been more excited about Kurenai getting licensed a few years ago. At this point, I'm not sure how much I care to own the series stuffed onto 2 DVD discs and possibly without the three OVA episodes.

That said, even with Japan having gotten a BD of the show recently, I'd still potentially be willing to buy this on DVD, but will likely wait to see some reviews on the set's overall quality.
        Last edited by Junker Woland; 02-23-2012, 03:09 PM.
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

They really don't want to give me a rest, do they?
          Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
          Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Another day, another license.
            I wonder if Chiko Heiress of the Phantom Thief (Niju-Menso) will get a chance someday.
            Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
              I'd have been more excited about Kurenai getting licensed a few years ago.
              Same here, although my reason is because I figured it would never see th light of day in America so I imported the JP BD set. I'd be tempted to double dip if it was on BD, but as DVD only it's an easy pass for me.

I'm glad they plan on streaming it though. It's a great show that flies under the radar and now I can at least point people to a legal way to watch it.

Originally posted by ComSR View Post
              Another day, another license.
              I wonder if Chiko Heiress of the Phantom Thief (Niju-Menso) will get a chance someday.
              That, Dennou Coil, and Real Drive would awesome.

Comment

That, Dennou Coil, and Real Drive would awesome.
                Don't much care for Dennou Coil, but would be game for a Chiko set and would love to see Real Drive.

Always thought Shirow+Production IG would have almost guaranteed Real Drive, but (admittedly) it's probably not the type of show that would automatically appeal to GitS fans.
                Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Wow. My former roommate is probably pooping a brick right now. He'll likely buy it Day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by PosterAnonymous View Post
                    Wow. My former roommate is probably pooping a brick right now. He'll likely buy it Day 1.
                    I hope he doesn't clog your apartment's toilet.
                    "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                    -My Collection
                    --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Oh wow, I remember this from back in the day. I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sickvisionz View Post
                        Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
                        I'd have been more excited about Kurenai getting licensed a few years ago.
                        Same here, although my reason is because I figured it would never see th light of day in America so I imported the JP BD set.
                        With that amazing front cover, right?
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Interesting that this has been licensed. I may well pick this up when it's released (depending on what else is being released about the same time) as it looks interesting ...
                          Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                          Currently Watching: UN-GO
                          [Collection March '12]

Comment

Sold, thought I really wish Sentai/S23 would start experimenting with sub-only BDs.

Comment

This is one I will think about getting, maybe. Remembering enjoying it a good bit from early to late-middle part of the series, but wasn't so sure I liked the ending episodes. If it's an extraless release, I may just get in a rewatch streaming. I'd certainly want to hear Yuuki Aoi in the series again.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X