• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Night Raid 1931

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES LICENSE of NIGHT RAID 1931

HOUSTON, April 23, 2011—Sentai Filmworks announces its acquisition of the spectacular anime series Night Raid 1931. Directed by Jun Matsumoto (Persona – Trinity Scroll) with script supervision by Shinsuke Onishi (The Third, Shin Getter Robo,) the 17 episode series was produced by A-1 Pictures and Aniplex and features character designs by acclaimed manga master Akimine Kamijyo (Samurai Deeper Kyo.) Sentai’s forthcoming release will include episodes 0-13, PLUS two unaired episodes as well as a special bonus recap episode.

Synopsis: The year is 1931. The City is Shanghai. Ten years before America will enter World War II, the hydra’s teeth planted by the first great global conflict are beginning to germinate, hatching into spiders weaving the complex web of plots and conspiracies destined to inevitably draw entire nations, against their will, to the brink of destruction once more. And caught in the heart of these webs, desperately seeking to separate lies from truth, is "Sakurai Kikan," an ultra-secret intelligence agency staffed by extraordinarily talented individuals with abilities far beyond those of normal humans. Their duty: stop the darkest plots and eliminate the greatest threats. But in a city built on intrigue, can even a team of clairvoyants, telepaths and espers stand against the ultimate forces of destiny? As the Japanese Imperial Army rolls across China, documented facts and fantasy intermingle in the breathtaking exploration of alternative history that is NIGHT RAID 1931!

Look for Night Raid 1931 on DVD & Blu-Ray at your favorite retailer this August!

Re: Night Raid 1931

Title: NIGHT RAID 1931 COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY EDITION
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 400 min.
    Street Date: 8/16/2011
    Format: BD
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $69.98

Comment

via ANN
      David confirmed that Sentai got the multi-language track for Night Raid 1931 and not the purely Japanese track. He also confirmed that Sentai has both the two OVA episodes and the recap episode and will be including them on the August Blu-Ray and DVD releases, although the recap episode will not be dubbed.

Comment

Screenshots via Blu-ray.com: LINK.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          Screenshots via Blu-ray.com: LINK.
          Mine actually arrived last week (DVD though) along with Kobato and both look sharp.
          http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midvalley
          Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon, Voices of a Distant Star, Ergo Proxy, Berserk.
          Currently Watching: Steins;Gate, Blood +
          Someone License: Dennou Coil.

Comment

Sentai Filmworks confirmed with ANN that its license for the Night Raid 1931 (Senkō no Night Raid) anime has expired and its home video releases are out...

Sentai Filmworks confirmed with ANN that its license for the Night Raid 1931 (Senkō no Night Raid) anime has expired and its home video releases are out of print.

And ICYMI, it's currently heavily discounted @ TRSI...
            Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Night Raid 1931 Complete Collection Blu-ray is currently $10 (DVD version is $5)

https://www.rightstufanime.com/publi...s=Night%20Raid

Comment

Poor communication. Was going to check it out on HIDIVE, but it's not there anymore.

It's still on Crunchyroll. Was it ever under Aniplex of America before? Sure, it's Aniplex show.

OVAs were on HIDIVE but not on Crunchyroll.

Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jakewil85 View Post
                Poor communication. Was going to check it out on HIDIVE, but it's not there anymore.

It's still on Crunchyroll. Was it ever under Aniplex of America before? Sure, it's Aniplex show.

OVAs were on HIDIVE but not on Crunchyroll.
                Crunchyroll changed the publisher name from Aniplex to Aniplex of America back in late January: https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...488#post690488

Comment

It's one of those Aniplex shows, but even if it weren't, I'm not sure if Sentai would be even have been interested in renewing the license given the profile this show has. At least it looks like Aniplex is keeping this series alive through streams, although they don't seem to be interested in releasing anything that they are rescuing themselves.
                  Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                  Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                  Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                  A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Ever since I have started to get back into anime collecting recently I've begun to dislike Aniplex of America's business model more and more. Before I had to stop around 2011 the only AoA show I had purchased was Durarara!! and the two Gurren Lagann movies and even at that time I thought they were over priced compared to the competition. FF to now I'm just speechless to see how much they price their releases at and how scarce some of them are. Glad I was able to pick up the Sentai release for $10 though for any TV series I consider that a steal.
                    Last edited by zidanetribal2000; 08-25-2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X