Widgets Magazine

Fruits Basket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, very excited by the confirmation that it's the full Brotherhood treatment throwing the old adaptation away and adapting the manga under the supervision of the mangaka. Also excited to see Taku Kishimoto writing it, as he's my favorite anime writer other than Miyazaki. Yeah, I'll be rough to have to slum it on FunimationNOW for series like this again... I hope they make it so that you can actually watch subtitles without black bars behind them on their Fire Stick app. God it's ridiculous that that's still something they can't figure out at this point.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Looks like Hulu still has a decent bulk of Funi titles, so I'm hoping that it will show up there, at some point.

Comment

Don't you have to pay for Hulu now though?
        I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
          Don't you have to pay for Hulu now though?
          Yes, however Hulu's free service has migrated over to Yahoo View.

Anyway, I certainly approve of the choice of studio to do this as TMS is a great fit for a show like this seeing that this studio also did Kamisama Kiss, which is directed by the same guy who directed the original series, though that info is kind of irrelevant here as TMS is a pretty big studio. In any case, this figures to be a long series as it's going to take at least four cours to adapt the entire series, and possibly more than that.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
          Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Four cours?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
              Four cours?
              He means around 48-52 episodes, though it's probably going to need more than that if they're covering the entire manga.
              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

He means around 48-52 episodes, though it's probably going to need more than that if they're covering the entire manga.
                If the pacing is similar to the original series, four cours would only get through about half of the manga. Eight cours would be enough to complete the series at this pace.
                Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                My Anime Collection

Comment

I would be okay with that
                  "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

In a perfect world, I'd want a longer series to cover the whole manga at a decent pace, but since the world isn't perfect, I'd be happy if at least half of the manga was covered adequately.

Comment

Of course, it isn't exactly accurate given the numerous differences with the manga, but the original series covers roughly 1/3 of the manga series. So I say about six cours would be right in order to adapt the whole series. They could get it done with four, but that will require a major rush job that involves major corner cutting. With this being an adaptation of a finished series rather than something ongoing that it makes things a lot easier to plan.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
                      Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

The manga's only 23 volumes though, right? Or 136 chapters. I guess yeah, it would need to be around 50 episodes, but not much more than that. There's no need to include filler, so there's no need to slow down the story telling either. It doesn't need to stretch scenes out needlessly like other manga adaptations have done, so it can get right to the point.

Comment

FIRST LOOK! Fruits Basket - 2019 New Series Trailer https://youtu.be/yImLCDyxZjM

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X