Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Fruits Basket

Widgets Magazine
    via Justin Cook @ 91.8 The Fan (22:30 and on)

No release time frame...going back and cleaning up the audio.

I may double dip finally to get this. I haven't watch FB in a long while but getting the bd may make me rewatch.
    I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
    - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Well, I can accept to wait if they are doing that kind of things.

Comment

Yep, new audio is always worth it I think.
        I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
        - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Ooh! I just rewatched this, but it's a series that I would be willing to double-dip on -- well, it's just about my all-time favorite series, so it's an easy decision... :-)

--John N.

[Edit: though, it just hit me: they probably won't use the Japanese credits, which would be a big minus for me... that's one of the things I appreciate about the DVD, one of Funi's early releases so it has the Japanese credits...]

Comment

I wish we had more concrete information on this release. I like this series and I'm tempted to double dip on the upcoming DVD release but I don't really want to if this is going to be released 6 months later ...
            Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
            Currently Watching: UN-GO
            [Collection March '12]

Comment

Read all the manga, but never got around to watching the anime. Looks like the BD might be a good release to finally pick up.
              The casual cosplayer formerly known as Hielostar
              MyAnimeList/Twitter

Comment

Watched this years ago but never got round to buying the DVDs. This may be the motivation I need.
                SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
                Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
                Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by jmnovak View Post
                  [Edit: though, it just hit me: they probably won't use the Japanese credits, which would be a big minus for me... that's one of the things I appreciate about the DVD, one of Funi's early releases so it has the Japanese credits...]
                  Let's not jump the gun. We don't know the details yet. Let's wait until Funi has more information for us.

I will definitely double-dip on this. Fruits Basket is a wonderful show.
                  Avatar: Claire Augustus from Questionable Content

Comment

Originally posted by Populuxe View Post
                    Let's not jump the gun. We don't know the details yet. Let's wait until Funi has more information for us.
                    Well; I don't dispute that they might do it right, since they can't use the excuse of not having the materials this time; but based on recent releases, I wouldn't put money on it. I can't think of any recent Funi releases that used Japanese credits that weren't integrated with the artwork. What this means for me is that instead of being a preorder, it's a 'wait until someone else can report on the quality' order for me. Or hope that the Japanese do a BluRay box...

--John N.

Comment

Thread resurrection...

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Fruits Basket: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $69.98 - 8/1/17
                      - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-ray-blr-00175
                      Special Features: Episode 24 Video Commentary, Trailers, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Fruits Basket Room No. 1, Fruits Basket Room No. 2, Fruits Basket Room No. 3, Behind the Scenes Featurette, Akitaroh Daichi Interview, Eyecatch Gallery No. 1, Eyecatch Gallery No. 2, English Cast Interview, Illustration Gallery, Outtakes, English Closing Theme and Auditions
                      Fruits Basket: The Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $84.98 - 8/1/17
                      - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-ray-blr-00176
                      Fruits Basket Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition contains episodes 1-26 plus a collector's chipboard box with exclusive brand-new artowrk direct from the Japanese Blu-ray special edition and 12 elegant art cards featuring the characters and classic artwork.

Special Features: Episode 24 Video Commentary, Trailers, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Fruits Basket Room No. 1, Fruits Basket Room No. 2, Fruits Basket Room No. 3, Behind the Scenes Featurette, Akitaroh Daichi Interview, Eyecatch Gallery No. 1, Eyecatch Gallery No. 2, English Cast Interview, Illustration Gallery, Outtakes, English Closing Theme and Auditions
                      Last edited by WTK; 05-15-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

What's up with the new logo design for the show? I'm really not digging the new font. Anyway, I'll wait for some reviews and pics before deciding if I pick this up or not. I have the original box set with the overcompressed discs with too many episodes and atrocious video quality as a result. It should be an upgrade regardless, but I want to make sure it's up to Bluray standards before dropping the cash.

Comment

If things go well with the blurays, I guess I'll be triple dipping. I had the original singles and box, but traded those in for the 2011 Collector's Edition.
                          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by dragonrider_cody View Post
                            What's up with the new logo design for the show? I'm really not digging the new font.
                            It's the exact same logo & cover as the Japanese release with the only real difference being the "Complete Series" tag.
                            Last edited by NJ_; 05-15-2017, 05:47 PM.
                            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Curious at the what the BD vs the DVD will look like.
                              "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X