Widgets Magazine

ADV Gantz Release vs. FUNi Gantz Release - Bonus Extras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] ADV Gantz Release vs. FUNi Gantz Release - Bonus Extras?

Widgets Magazine
    I remember that the original ADV release of Gantz had a wide range of bonus materials across the DVDs. I was wondering if all of the bonus content was on the FUNi Anime Classics release? I searched online and the few review of FUNi release only indicate a few items (though the reviews could be incomplete).

Thanks for any assistance.

Re: ADV Gantz Release vs. FUNi Gantz Release - Bonus Extras?

Here are the disc breakdowns:

The last ADV release (2008 thinpak)
    • Disc #1 (Eps. 1 - 5)
      • Extras: Interview With Director Ichiro Itano, Interview With Daisuke Namikawa (Kei Kurono), Cast Talk Featuring Daisuke Namikawa (Kurono), Masashi Osato (Kato) & Hitomi Nabatame (Kishinoto)
    • Disc #2 (Eps. 6 - 10)
      • Extras: Cast Talk Featuring Masashi Osato (Kato), Hitomi Nabatame (Kishinoto) & Rakkyo Ide (Suzuki Alien), Interview With Ichiro Itano (Director) & Yasuhiro Kato (CG Director), Japanese TV Spots
    • Disc #3 (Eps. 11 - 15)
      • Extras: Interview With Hiroya Oku (Gantz Creator) & Chiaki Kuriyama (Japanese Actress), Interview With Hiroyuki Hayse (Sound Director), Hitomi Nabatame (Kishimoto) & Masashi Osato (Kato), Gantz Video Game Commercials
    • Disc #4 (Eps. 16 - 20)
      • Extras: The Secret Behind the Impeccable Images of Gantz, Gantz DVD Special Features Collection, Gantz Music Video
    • Disc #5 (Eps. 21 - 26)
      • Extras: Clean Opening Animations, Clean Closing Animations
    FUNimation Classic Line release
    • Disc #1 (Eps. 1 - 7)
      • Extras: n/a
    • Disc #2 (Eps. 8 - 14)
    • Disc #2 (Eps. 15 - 21)
    • Disc #4 (Eps. 22 - 26)
      • Extras: Interview With Director Ichiro Itano, Interview With Director Ichiro Itano & Yasuhiro Kato (CG Director), Gantz Music Video, Textless Opening Songs, Textless Closing Song

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      Here are the disc breakdowns:

The last ADV release (2008 thinpak)
      • Disc #1 (Eps. 1 - 5)
      • Disc #2 (Eps. 6 - 10)
      • Disc #3 (Eps. 11 - 15)
      • Disc #4 (Eps. 16 - 20)
      • Disc #5 (Eps. 21 - 26)
      Wow. Those episode counts seem unreal - I have the original release, where it was two episodes a dvd. At least with the ADV re-release, you can see the whole "Green Onion Alien" incident without have to buy two dvds (or having to swap disks).
      Last edited by One Vorlon; 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM.
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
        Wow. Those episode counts seem unreal - I have the original release, where it was two episodes a dvd. At least with the ADV re-release, you can see the whole "Green Onion Alien" incident without have to buy two dvds (or having to swap disks).
        The discs were redone with the previous release in 2007 (Perfect Score Collection; the one with the sphere packaging). The season sets before the Perfect Score Collection were the same (2 thinpak collections) as the ones from the singles.

Comment

I thought Funimation would be able to get all the extras. I'm hugging my ADV season sets for Gantz.
          Back from the Mania dead!
          "Old School does not start at 2008!" -- David Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Raki View Post
            I thought Funimation would be able to get all the extras. I'm hugging my ADV season sets for Gantz.
            They may have gotten them, but just not opted to include all of them for space reasons combined with the thought that folks wouldn't miss them if they weren't there.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Well i would surly miss such extras and would look for the ADV set on ebay or so instead of the Funi ones. Only if the show was actually any good as that it didn't appeal to me much and i didn't like how it ended
              Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X