• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Dance in the Vampire Bund

Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI... | HD

Originally posted by TRSI
    Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Intermissions 1-12, Original Commercials, Promo Video, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Originally posted by TRSI
    This limited edition comes packaged in a chipboard art box.

Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Intermissions 1-12, Original Commercials, Promo Video, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Re: Dance in the Vampire Bund

The Blu-ray.com review is now up.
    I can't wait to get my copy now. It has already shipped.
    Anime List | Manga List
    DVD/BD Collection (DVDAf) | Manga Collection (ANN)

Comment

Not sure which DitVB thread we're supposed to post in...

My copy of the LE arrived today, via RightStuf. Very nice chipboard box coated in high-gloss paper. And I love that picture of Mina. Still astounds me how, after the whole streaming brouhaha, Funi went with that particular image for the box cover. I'm certainly not complaining, though.

Don't have access to my BD player at the moment, but I'll definately be checking out the DVDs. I've wanted to see this show for a very long time, now.
      Avatar: Ruri "Kuroneko" Gokou from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

I just imagined Najimi wearing a frilly dress and twirling in front of a mirror in excitement... it's horrifying...
      -Tsuyuri, Doujin Work

Comment

I was watching some episodes of this this afternoon and it was nice to see that with episode 7 (if I recall correctly) Funi didn't try and screw around with the ending sequence, which had things going on during it, in the sort of ways they have with other titles in the past. Instead there was a separate English credit roll afterwards, (a la Nozomi, Sentai).
        Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
        Currently Watching: UN-GO
        [Collection March '12]

Comment

Originally posted by memyselfandi View Post
          I was watching some episodes of this this afternoon and it was nice to see that with episode 7 (if I recall correctly) Funi didn't try and screw around with the ending sequence, which had things going on during it, in the sort of ways they have with other titles in the past. Instead there was a separate English credit roll afterwards, (a la Nozomi, Sentai).
          Good to hear. I'm not buying this title, but it gives me hope for future releases.
          Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Well, that is some good news! Hope they will always do it now.

Comment

Having finished watching the series now I would also note that Funi have handled the end credit sequence of the last episode in the same way as well
              Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
              Currently Watching: UN-GO
              [Collection March '12]

Comment

Good to know that Funi is keeping things original as possible and for something like this.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Having finished watching the series now I would also note that Funi have handled the end credit sequence of the last episode in the same way as well
                  It's good to hear that, for at least this title, they're living up to their promises of not screwing around with non-standard, no-clean-version-available credits situations as they did with My Bride is a Mermaid and Birdy the Mighty, or removing them entirely as they did with Bamboo Blade.
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                  Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                  Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

And now it gets a DVD-only S.A.V.E release(hopefully the Rightstuf link will be up soon)
                    http://shop.funimation.com/Complete-Series-S-A-V-E-_7

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                      And now it gets a DVD-only S.A.V.E release(hopefully the Rightstuf link will be up soon)
                      http://shop.funimation.com/Complete-Series-S-A-V-E-_7
                      Guess after 4 years on the shelves it no longer the hit it once was but I think it would've looked better as a Classic release, glad I already own the LE for this.

Comment

FUNimation Shop & TRSI round-up:

Dance in the Vampire Bund: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) (DVD) - 300 minutes - $29.98 - 10/6/15
                        - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=114334
                        Special Features: Intermission 1-12, Original Commercials, Promo Video, Textless Songs, Trailers

Comment

I found it to be an interesting alternate take on the usual Vampire mythos. Though the art style in the first couple of episodes did tend to throw me off for a while.

If you want to know more about the series, I did do a review for Amazon.ca a couple of years back listing the good and bad points. You can read it here - http://www.amazon.ca/Dance-Vampire-B...s=vampire+bund

The top review is mine.

J. A.
                          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                          Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                          Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                          Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X