• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Baccano!

Widgets Magazine
    PR / via TRSI
    Aniplex of America Announces Baccano! L.E. Blu-ray Box Set For May 2011
    Posted on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aniplex of America announced the release of a Baccano! Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set for May 17, 2011. The collection will include 3 Blu-ray discs containing the entire 16-episode series and 3 special episodes, Japanese and English audio, Japanese- and English-language subtitles, textless opening and ending, exclusive new box art by Katsumi Enatsu (original novel illustrator), and exclusive new Blu-ray wrap art by Takahiro Kishida (character designer) for $69.98 SRP. From now through May 31, 2011, customers can purchase the set for $55.98 on our site, but we are required to bump the price up to $59.48 on June 1, 2011. This limited edition set is only available while supplies last, so place your order today!
    TRSI Listing / Bandai Ent. The Store Listing

Studio: Aniplex of America
    Release date: 5/17/2011
    MSRP: $69.98
    TRSI Sale Price: $55.98
    Contains episodes 1-16.

Special Features: Textless Opening, Textlss Ending.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
    BD Features and Bonus Contents
    • Video: 16:9 HD Widescreen / 1920×1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
    • Audio: Japanese & English dialogue / Linear PCM
    • Subtitles: Japanese and English
    • Includes ALL 16 episodes (Broadcast episodes 1-13 + DVD-exclusive episodes 14-16) on three Blu-ray discs (Total running time: 405 mins.)
    • Textless opening and ending

Re: Baccano!

For those who are waiting for this, the BEI storefront listing @ Amazon.com is now up: link.

Comment

Posted earlier in the day,
      Link:
      Just a heads up, there's Limited Quantities of the Baccano Blu-Ray Box Set available on both Rightstuf and Bandai's online store.
      TRSI - Your Price: $54.98, Quantity Remaining: 15

Comment

Well there go my chances of owning that. But I still haven't tried Baccano!, and was never really interested at the time, so not a huge loss. Luckily there's still the FUNimation DVD's. It's not like with Oreimo that was limited edition only.
        Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Honestly, I would really recommend scraping together some cash to get it if you can. The show really is fantastic, and the Funi DVDs look like dog shit. There's really no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
            Honestly, I would really recommend scraping together some cash to get it if you can. The show really is fantastic, and the Funi DVDs look like dog shit. There's really no substitute.
            And for those worrying about it being an upscale, it's fantastic, and stands as a benchmark for how an upscale can and should be done.

It's gone from TRSI, but the Bandai Store still has copies, apparently. Not as much of a discount, but still below MSRP and thus better than the prices the scalpers are using.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
              Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
              And for those worrying about it being an upscale, it's fantastic, and stands as a benchmark for how an upscale can and should be done.

It's gone from TRSI, but the Bandai Store still has copies, apparently. Not as much of a discount, but still below MSRP and thus better than the prices the scalpers are using.
              After that it would be select anime retailers selling at MSRP (for now):

Comment

If it's similar to the situation with Oreimo, prepare for it to sell out at all those places very soon.
                Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

I was expecting this one to last as long as the Gurren Lagann movies and the Read or Die BD box in terms of longevity. Though it was noted to be limited, unlike the other two (to my recollection).

Good thing I purchased this one early after selling my FUNi singles. I managed to actually watch this series with the help of a friend, and I really enjoyed it. I may still need to finish the OVAs, however.
                  Avatar: The dashing Shizuku Kanzaki, from The Drops of God.

May it rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Blader 126 View Post
                    I was expecting this one to last as long as the Gurren Lagann movies and the Read or Die BD box in terms of longevity. Though it was noted to be limited, unlike the other two (to my recollection).
                    The Gurren Lagann movies had both regular and limited edition releases.

Comment

I had totally forgotten about the existence of a blu-ray release for Baccano! until this thread re-surfaced...

Comment

Restocked @ TRSI one more time (and maybe the last time with this quantity).

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          Restocked @ TRSI one more time (and maybe the last time with this quantity).
                          I wonder if that is the stock from Bandai Store...

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                            I wonder if that is the stock from Bandai Store...
                            It's certainly possible. TRSI also just had their inventory as well.

Comment

Wow, I might just have a chance to get this, except it's $10 more right now.:D

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X