Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo boxsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo boxsets

Nice prices for this set. Definitely going to have to buy it when it comes out. I remember watching it in Spain, dubbed in Spanish obviously, years ago and telling myself I'd buy it if it got a US or UK release.
    SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
    Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
    Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

via S'more Ent. Facebook page (3/6/12)
      we're projecting release of bobobo part 2 in september, 2012.

Comment

Received an email from Amazon informing me that the release date has been moved to April 10. The page for it has been updated to reflect that.

Comment

Just a reminder that the first Bobobo boxset should be out next week. Here's hoping that S'more Entertainment has done a good job with this show... I'm hoping more for Discotek-quality than Illumitoon-quality here, and I'll be holding off on a purchase until I start hearing some talk about this release.
          Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
          Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

According to one report (link)...
            I got the first S'more Entertainment set today, but, unless I'm being stupid, the subtitles appear to be missing. Neither in menu nor manually selectable. The packaging and their website does say there should be subs. Shame, I'd been looking forward to it. Might have to put up with the dub this time.

Comment

Whoops! Mine should arrive any day now (it has to make its way across the planet, but it shipped earlier this week). At the price, it's still worth it for me even without subtitles as I can understand, but that would be a rather major oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                I got the first S'more Entertainment set today, but, unless I'm being stupid, the subtitles appear to be missing. Neither in menu nor manually selectable. The packaging and their website does say there should be subs. Shame, I'd been looking forward to it. Might have to put up with the dub this time.
                And here I was expecting at worst the subs wouldn't be accurate translations... but this? :angry:
                Hope it gets corrected soon, because otherwise that's just false advertising.
                Last edited by kyon; 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyon View Post
                  And here I was expecting at worst the subs wouldn't be accurate translations... but this? :angry:
                  I wouldn't count on any response from S'More in regards to any problem with their releases because in the past they have almost always blamed the DVD player. They have a lot of DVDs in the $10, $5 and $1 bargain bin at Wal-Mart for a reason at that. I was hopeful at first that they'd do some good but it looks rather bleak.
                  Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

It makes one wonder what's going to happen to Galaxy Express 999 TV... Watch it raw or don't watch it at all!
                    Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                    Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

I wonder if they pulled a Go Fish and put the subtitles in a CC track. In other words, you won't be able to see them unless you turn on the CC option on your TV.
                      Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                      Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

If they're saying there are no subs, does that mean there is only an English dub track on the discs, or is there actually a Japanese track 'without subs'? I could see the subs being implemented as forced subs if the Japanese audio is selected (and then someone's player borking on that, though still they should appear in the player's subs menu... hmm...).

At least Galaxy 999 is sub only, so that would be even weirder to mess up.

Comment

Definitely concerning news. I hope someone can shed some more light on this to see if it was a misunderstanding or defective initial press.
                          Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                          Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                          Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                            It makes one wonder what's going to happen to Galaxy Express 999 TV... Watch it raw or don't watch it at all!
                            Or watch it online legally for free with something you couldn't get if you payed for it!

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
                              If they're saying there are no subs, does that mean there is only an English dub track on the discs, or is there actually a Japanese track 'without subs'? I could see the subs being implemented as forced subs if the Japanese audio is selected (and then someone's player borking on that, though still they should appear in the player's subs menu... hmm...).

At least Galaxy 999 is sub only, so that would be even weirder to mess up.
                              Yeah, I don't know, but it seems like it would be less likely for something like that to happen with a sub only release (although I could be wrong about that).

Hopefully this is a misunderstanding, or, at very least, there's a workaround for the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                                Or watch it online legally for free with something you couldn't get if you payed for it!
                                I thought I was going to get around the streaming content with this release. Might need to do the streaming content.
                                Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                                Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                                Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X