Widgets Magazine

[18+] Kitty Media New Title Solicitations (Apr / May '12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] [18+] Kitty Media New Title Solicitations (Apr / May '12)

Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI... | Note: all of the following listings have been removed from TRSI.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM.

Re: [18+] Kitty Media New Title Solicitations (Apr / May '12)

Wow, two more old Anime 18 titles resurrected from the grave. Decent ones too from what I remember of them. Though I do wonder, what was the last new license Kitty released?

Comment

Though I do wonder, what was the last new license Kitty released?
      Just did a quick search on a U.S. adult site (so I don't have the JP names handy), and it looks like they managed three new shows in 2011: Oh My Sex Goddess (which is Megachu! in JP), Sexual Pursuit #2, and Like a Mom; apparently House of Five Lusts, which had a Jan. 2012 date, is also floating around, already.

And at the moment, it's looking like Step MILF is their only remaining known new title, which is supposed to release this March. While the current Japanese ero-anime scene is definitely lacking, particularly if you want something beyond what is essentially merchandise for existing adult games and manga, it's really a shame what a wasteland the U.S. side of things has become, with nothing but recycled material (much from the 90s) that occasionally gets supported by some newer dregs.
      Last edited by Junker Woland; 01-15-2012, 12:35 PM.
      Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
        Though I do wonder, what was the last new license Kitty released?
        Just did a quick search on a U.S. adult site (so I don't have the JP names handy), and it looks like they managed three new shows in 2011: Oh My Sex Goddess (which is Megachu! in JP), Sexual Pursuit #2, and Like a Mom; apparently House of Five Lusts, which had a Jan. 2012 date, is also floating around, already.

And at the moment, it's looking like Step MILF is their only remaining known new title, which is supposed to release this March. While the current Japanese ero-anime scene is definitely lacking, particularly if you want something beyond what is essentially merchandise for existing adult games and manga, it's really a shame what a wasteland the U.S. side of things has become, with nothing but recycled material (much from the 90s) that occasionally gets supported by some newer dregs.
        Thanks Junker! I had forgotten about those titles but still, that's not much. Both they and Right Stuf's Vanilla label have mostly been recycling old Anime 18 and Soft Cel titles for awhile now, and while there are some good titles there, I can't help but feel sad at how low the prospects are of getting any of the few hentai titles I want in R1, like Love Selection, Discipline Zero, Boin Resort and Shoujo Sect...
        Last edited by Akcoll99; 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

All four releases now delayed indefinitely (via TRSI: Coming Soon, Date to be Determined).

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            All four releases now delayed indefinitely (via TRSI: Coming Soon, Date to be Determined).
            Unsurprised cat is unsurprised.

Let's see if next week's license-rescue of Masquerade still manages to appear, or if it gets to join those other four newly-delayed titles in release limbo like the two Urotsukidoji titles MB also solicited and delayed indefinitely quite a while ago.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I'm a little surprised to see these delayed; I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that Kitty Media, and hentai releases in general, were generally fairly profitable, although it isn't an element of the market I follow too closely.

Comment

The following are no longer listed @ TRSI...

Comment

I can't say that's very surprising; it pretty much matches with MB's overall performance as of late. They're starting to build up a tidy little backlog of licensed, previously solicited, but currently canceled titles, aren't they? Seems like it would be problematic to spend money on licenses but then never get a return on them (since they were never released), but they've been doing it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                    I can't say that's very surprising; it pretty much matches with MB's overall performance as of late. They're starting to build up a tidy little backlog of licensed, previously solicited, but currently canceled titles, aren't they? Seems like it would be problematic to spend money on licenses but then never get a return on them (since they were never released), but they've been doing it a lot.
                    It does make me wonder what their direction for their hentai releases are (if there is one). They created "Harsh Digs" and very little has happened thus far. I guess it's just another wait and see...

Comment

Not as interested in new hentai titles, but some older ones definitely grab my attention. If only Critical Mass would re-rerelease Magical Twilight.
                      Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                      Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                      Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X