Crunchyroll June 2022 Solicitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post

What do you mean by counting down? It is done. Funimation as an anime distributor is no more.
    All releases through May still have the Funimation label on them. Once those are out then it's all over for the brand.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
    Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It's honestly surreal how in the blink of an eye Funimation is just gone. Completely and entirely. I'll order BEM at some point, and I'm interested in Back Arrow but will hold off to see if Part 2 comes with a Limited Edition.

Comment

FWIW (3 June releases?):

via RACS
        If the three so-far announced releases are an indicator, it looks like the Crunchyroll branding will replace Funimation branding on some (or all) physical releases beginning in June, phasing out the Funimation brand. This is in the same time frame, I believe, that Crunchyroll will be absorbing the streaming side of the Funi brand as well.

The Funimation brand has certainly become toxic in certain segments of the fan community over the last couple of years - for lots of reasons I don't need to go into. For us as a retailer, Funimation [as a company] changed hands 3 or 4 times over the past decade. Every time this happened, they changed middle management and distribution and we had to start all over with some new concern, on new terms, and with new sales and support people who may or may not have been eager to do business directly with a small indy retailer like RACS. And because Funimation was two thirds of the industry when it came to physical Anime releases, it always seemed to be some sort of big payday for management there, while it only created another set existential problems for us to overcome. If I had a dollar for every hoop we had to jump through to keep carrying their line, or every call I had to endure with some new person dictating a new set of terms that we were expected to abide by. I think they finally got a little too big for their britches, as we like to say. ;-)

So long Funi. We started together so well, but by the end, we hardly knew you.

Comment

^

Crunchyroll listings has merged with Funimation listings. It's now "Funimation/Crunchyroll" https://www.rightstufanime.com/categ...ON-CRUNCHYROLL.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X