Widgets Magazine

Lupin the Third Episode 0: First Contact (via Discotek Media)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Lupin the Third Episode 0: First Contact (via Discotek Media)

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...88069359206403
    Lupin the Third - Episode 0: The First Contact
    - Finally dubbed in English
    - Remastered and upscaled to high definition; includes Japanese TV spots and a feature commentary with Reed Nelson
    - Blu-ray in 2022
    Last edited by WTK; 12-13-2021, 11:30 PM.

via TRSI:

- Lupin the Third Episode 0: First Contact (Blu-ray) - 90 minutes - $29.95 - 4/26/22

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...03236116372105
    Coming April 26th 2022! Lupin the 3rd: Episode 0 Blu Ray!

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Lupin...ontact-Blu-ray

Brand new English dub, Japanese language, English subtitles. 1080p high definition. Region A disc.

Extra features: Translation Notes, Trailers & TV Commercials, Commentary, Credits Collection
    Last edited by WTK; 02-07-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

The special has a brand new upscale & a selection of extras headlined by a commentary with Reed Nelson!

Comment

Katsucon 2022

https://guidebook.com/g/#/guides/kat...eTracks=532601

Premiere: Lupin III Episode 0: First Contact
        February 18th, 2022
        7:00 pm8:30 pm

Premiere event, be among the first to watch Discotek's brand new dubbed version of Episode 0: First Contact. Jigen tells the story of the gang's first meeting. Jigen, still a member of the Mafia, is hired to protect an ancient artifact - one that Lupin and Fujiko are both trying to steal. Meanwhile, Inspector Zenigata, then of the Japanese police force, has come to the U.S. on Fujiko's trail, and Ishikawa Goemon is searching for the lost treasure of his clan.

Comment

Finally got a chance to watch this. In comparison to the JP BD I honestly can't really see that the 'new upscale' provides any improvement other than it being 1080p vs 1080i on the Japanese release. Beyond that, it seems all the same source flaws were all carried over from the JP release. I guess the positive is that it looks no worse than the JP release.
          Last edited by ObiKenobi; 05-04-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiKenobi View Post
            Finally got a chance to watch this. In comparison to the JP BD I honestly can't really see that the 'new upscale' provides any improvement other than it being 1080p vs 1080i on the Japanese release. Beyond that, it seems all the same source flaws were all carried over from the JP release. I guess the positive is that it looks no worse than the JP release.
            i stands for interlacing so converted to P you should be able to avoid interlacing / frame Tears no ?

Comment

Originally posted by ObiKenobi View Post
              I checked my DVD and just finished my new Blu-ray, I assume the Japanese release was 1080i because of the ED credits? Because they don't move as smoothly on the BD as on the DVD.
              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X