Widgets Magazine

ELEVEN ARTS licenses Gintama: THE VERY FINAL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [DVD/BD] ELEVEN ARTS licenses Gintama: THE VERY FINAL

    Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/ELEVEN_ARTS/stat...95010706722817
    The very end is in sight! The countdown to destruction has begun! Eleven Arts is honored to announce the NA acquisition of Gintama THE VERY FINAL directed by Chizuru Miyawak
    Last edited by WTK; 11-29-2021, 08:00 PM.

  • #2
    Man, I was talking about the roller coaster Natsume has been on in the US, but it's nothing compared to Gintama. I could easily see this getting yet a fourth completely different dub, as well. Doesn't matter to me; I'm just shocked and thrilled that I'll get to legally watch and own this movie. I really hope they go after the second movie as well. And while they're at, see if they can wrestle that Mushishi movie from Aniplex. While we're throwing out pipe dreams...
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

    Comment


    • #3
      Gintama THE VERY FINAL screening in select theaters Sunday, November 21 (dubbed) & Monday, November 22 (subtitled).

      https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...The-Very-Final

      Comment


      • #4
        Well there's the dub confirmation. Almost certainly no overlap with any of the previous three dubs; probably NYAV Post or a fully LA studio. What a franchise. How Gintama. Anyway, I really hope my theater that gets all the Fathom Events opens back up by November (if not by then, it's probably gone for good) or that my other theater that gets some of them opts for this (unlikely), and at least that the Blu-ray follows not too long afterward.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

        Comment


        • #5
          https://youtu.be/_ZR8Lc-TnD8

          GINTAMA THE FINAL Trailer

          Are you ready for the ACTUAL ending? It’s coming whether you’re prepared or not!
          -
          Gintama THE VERY FINAL opens in cinemas November 21st & 22nd in English Dub and Japanese with English subtitles. Tickets go on sale through Fathom Events starting October 8: http://bit.ly/THEVERYFINAL
          -
          Gintoki, Shinpachi, Kagura, the Shinsengumi, members of the Kabuki District, and even former enemies will team up to thwart Utsuro's plans.
          -
          As Utsuro's power grows, Takasugi fights for his very life.
          Will Gintoki come out victorious at the very end?!

          Comment


          • #6
            http://4NN.cx/.177488

            Los Angeles, CA (September 21, 2021) – Today, Eleven Arts, a film distribution and production company, announced that they will premiere the English dub version of the film Gintama THE VERY FINAL on Saturday, October 9 at New York Comic Con (NYCC) 2021.

            Comment


            • #7
              So they let Sentai dub this but passed on having them dubbing Shirobako the Movie?
              "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                So they let Sentai dub this but passed on having them dubbing Shirobako the Movie?
                And even stranger than that, the majority of the cast is from the Vancouver version of the dub.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

                  And even stranger than that, the majority of the cast is from the Vancouver version of the dub.
                  Correction: Only 3 are from the Vancouver (Ocean) version, those are the voices of Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura respectively. The rest are Sentai's own Texas talent that they used in the first movie.
                  Avatar: I guess you could say this is what I would look like as an Animated character

                  My Anime List: List of Every Anime I have ever seen / Watched -
                  https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've only seen the Movie on HiDive and I loved it, but watching this seems like a bad idea. Like jumping to the end of the story. But what's out there seems so confusing to get into and where to start.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very bizarre dubbing situation, but it wouldn't be Gintama in English otherwise.

                      Originally posted by MrMcBonk View Post
                      I've only seen the Movie on HiDive and I loved it, but watching this seems like a bad idea. Like jumping to the end of the story. But what's out there seems so confusing to get into and where to start.
                      Just watch the series on Crunchyroll then this movie.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | Apple

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                        Very bizarre dubbing situation, but it wouldn't be Gintama in English otherwise.



                        Just watch the series on Crunchyroll then this movie.
                        Some may not want to do that because the TV series is LONG and also, if you're a dub fan, you'll have to watch the TV series subtitled and some people don't want to do that. The TV series has only partially been dubbed so even then you wouldn't be able to get the whole story. Not that the dub is exactly consistent either...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

                          Some may not want to do that because the TV series is LONG and also, if you're a dub fan, you'll have to watch the TV series subtitled and some people don't want to do that. The TV series has only partially been dubbed so even then you wouldn't be able to get the whole story. Not that the dub is exactly consistent either...
                          Yeah, but there's no point in attempting to watch this movie if you haven't seen the entire series. If you only watch dubs, Gintama is not a franchise you can approach currently.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | Apple

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

                            Yeah, but there's no point in attempting to watch this movie if you haven't seen the entire series. If you only watch dubs, Gintama is not a franchise you can approach currently.
                            Very true.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Subbed isn't a problem for me, i'll have to try and start to watch it sometime. I had a great time with the film.

                              Comment

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

                              Channels

                              Collapse

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X