Widgets Magazine

What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (February 2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (February 2021)

Widgets Magazine
    January is a wrap, and it's onto the next month in 2021 as the calendar has turned to the month of February that's all about love, chocolates, and in this case new anime BDs. While the months are different the procedure remains the same as once again it's quite simple. That is to let us know what you purchased as far as anime stuff goes, both in terms of stuff acquired as well as stuff you placed in order for that won't be received until March or sometime after that.

At the moment, I still have an outstanding order from Right Stuf that was made back in December that hasn't been fulfilled. Other than that, there's nothing on the horizon as no preorders are due, all while I'll be on the lookout for whatever deals there might be coming my way.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

I stopped at the Big Lots near my house for a few things before the snow storm hit (first time I've been there since it recently opened.) Checked out the small DVD & Blu-Rays they had and was shocked to find an anime. So I grabbed:

Cyber City Oedo 808 - U.S. Manga Corp.

I kid you not they had 1 copy with a clearance sticker of $0.50 and 1 priced at $3. I grabbed the one marked at $0.50.

Also grabbed 7 Blu-Rays of the non-anime film variety that also had clearance stickers of $1.88 or less and all of them had digital copy codes.

Comment

Hajime No Ippo The Fighting! TV Series Collection 1 Blu-ray
      Lupin The 3rd The Castle of Cagliostro Collectors Edition 4K HDR Blu-ray
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Here’s what I’ve got (so far) for this month:

Tales of Zestiria: Dawn of the Shepherd (Blu-Ray)
        Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
        The Island of Giant Insects (Blu-Ray Kickstarter Edition)
        My Hero Academia Season 4 Part 2 (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo LE) [on order]
        Attack on Titan: Junior High Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
        Dragonar Academy Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
        Brave Witches Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
        Laughing Under the Clouds Compete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)

The Sacred Blacksmith Complete Series (DVD S.A.V.E.)
        Corpse Princess: Shikabane Hime Complete Series (DVD S.A.V.E.)

Pre-Orders
        Attack on Titan Season 3 (Blu-Ray)
        BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. Season 1 (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo LE)
        Goblin Slayer: Goblin’s Crown (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)
        Irresponsible Captain Taylor (Blu-Ray Collector’s Ultra Edition+Artbook)
        Earwig and the Witch (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo w/Steelbook LE)
        Cannon Busters Complete Season (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo LE)
        NEW GAME! Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)

More updates to come!
        Last edited by Animeman2; 02-23-2021, 10:34 PM. Reason: Updates
        "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
        Currently Watching: My Hero Academia (S5), Fena: Pirate Princess, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (S2), Scarlet Nexus & Full Dive.
        Finish Watching:
        Dr. Stone (S2), Shaman King (2021 S1 Part 1), So I’m a Spider, So What?, Kemono Jihen & Beastars (S2).

Comment

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind Set 2 Blu-ray
          My Hero Academia Season 4 Part 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

So far I only have Konosuba 2. It was supposed to arrive today but winter weather has delayed it. We missed the ice and the snow by about 50 miles so I can't complain.

Comment

I pre-order a lot of stuff from TRS and have about 1-2000$ worth of unfulfilled orders and haven't received anything this month yet. Their pre-ordering system has always been strange to me. I order things all at once in big orders and they just seem to get shipped out at random. Along with the items being chosen to be sent seeming random as I can have 10 items all passed the release date but only a small portion actually get shipped at that time.
              For example currently I have probably at least a dozen items from orders in the last 6 months that have been released already spread across a few orders that haven't shipped yet at all.
              I've never *not* received my orders from them but it usually takes quite a while for a lot of stuff. While others often ship a month before the street date like their Gundam releases.

So my haul this month is a sad fat zero!
              JamesBartholomewPret.jpg

Comment

After seeing the price of this being marked down at Amazon to something comparable enough to what I would expect to see at the Right Stuf birthday or holiday sale that I decided to go ahead and get this seeing that I have quite a lot of certificate credits left to use:

Weathering With You Collector's Edition 4K HDR/2K Blu-Ray
                Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcBonk View Post
                  I pre-order a lot of stuff from TRS and have about 1-2000$ worth of unfulfilled orders and haven't received anything this month yet. Their pre-ordering system has always been strange to me. I order things all at once in big orders and they just seem to get shipped out at random. Along with the items being chosen to be sent seeming random as I can have 10 items all passed the release date but only a small portion actually get shipped at that time.
                  For example currently I have probably at least a dozen items from orders in the last 6 months that have been released already spread across a few orders that haven't shipped yet at all.
                  I've never *not* received my orders from them but it usually takes quite a while for a lot of stuff. While others often ship a month before the street date like their Gundam releases.

So my haul this month is a sad fat zero!
                  JamesBartholomewPret.jpg
                  One of our recent videos on YouTube explaining some of this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZSGGjJFypg

Comment

Ah, thank you I didn't know you guys had any videos recently of anything like this Like I said I always do eventually get my orders i've just never seen anywhere on the site about how and why the process seems the way it is. Because i've often gotten a lot of partial shipped orders mixed with other partial shipped orders. So I always figured you might need a minimum dollar value to be hit before shipping.

Comment

And before I forget, here is my final report for February.

Received
                      Weathering With You Collector's Edition 4K HDR/2K Blu-Ray

Ordered
                      Golden Kamuy Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD

March figures to be a much more active month since I have a preorder due, while I also placed another order with the sale for Funimation. And of course, Golden Kamuy was sent out during this week.

Comment

Funny enough a huge chunk of my pre-orders actually just arrived finally.
                        I only took a picture of about half of it
                        https://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/IMG202103152000512.jpg
                        Not picture:
                        Gundam Seed HD Premium edition
                        Volumes 2-6 of Kimagure Orange Road
                        Mermaid Saga 1-2
                        Banner of The Stars Vol 1
                        Paranoia Agent
                        Lupin The 3rd: The First

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine