• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Discotek Media licenses Cyber City Oedo 808

Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI:
    - Cyber City Oedo 808 (Blu-ray) - 140 minutes - $29.95 - 3/30/21

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...57894844239578
    Coming March 30th 2021! CYBER CITY OEDO 808 on Blu Ray!

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Cyber...do-808-Blu-ray

Includes both the US and UK versions of the English dub, Japanese language with English subtitles, all 3 OVA episodes in 1080p high definition. Region A disc.

Extras include: Inside Cyber City Oedo documentary, commentary, trailers.
    https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...99448025567233
    You asked for it, you got it. The new, restored Cyber City Oedo disc from @AllTheAnime gets a North American release! Includes the new documentary, our restored silly UK promos, and the UK version of the dub for the first time.
    Last edited by WTK; 01-14-2021, 06:24 PM.

I figured this was just a matter of time but I'm so glad we didn't have to wait long. Super excited to see this on Blu Ray! More awesome Kawajiri in HD is always a treat.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Yet another dream come true from Discotek! I've seriously considered importing the remastered JP DVD for a long time, and the new UK BD. Very happy to see this.

I just wish Goku Midnight Eye could get remastered someday... It's probably my favorite Kawajiri film, with Cyber City Oedo being a close second.

Comment

the UK BD and US BD going to be the same content wise ?

Comment

Cyber City OEDO 808 SteelBook Blu-ray
          - From the vault - a brand new 2K scan and color correction, supervised by none other than director Yoshiaki Kawajiri
          - In Japanese with subtitles
          - Dubbed in English, with two different dub mixes - one with the original Japanese music, one with the old UK soundtrack
          - Same great features from our previous release

Last edited by WTK; 03-26-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Wow, less than a year since I bought this show and I'll already need to rebuy it. I'm both pissed and incredibly happy about this.

As someone on a certain podcast once said, "Thank you, Discotek!! ...and also, screw you Discoteck, for taking all my damn money!"

Comment

I took a flyer on this show not too long ago, and it's quite an odd choice for a SteelBook. While I like that Discotek is now putting out special releases for a few of their shows, so far it has been for stuff I already have. Moving forward I will need to be mindful about that, though I wasn't expecting it to be for Cyber City Oedo.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
              Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
              Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                I took a flyer on this show not too long ago, and it's quite an odd choice for a SteelBook. While I like that Discotek is now putting out special releases for a few of their shows, so far it has been for stuff I already have. Moving forward I will need to be mindful about that, though I wasn't expecting it to be for Cyber City Oedo.
                You are Also getting New video From the Vault , same with Angel Cop and appleseed ....

now pondering what the outcome will be in the UK ....

Comment

via TRSI:

- Cyber City Oedo 808 (Remastered Blu-ray SteelBook) - 140 minutes - $49.95 - 7/26/22

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...52802908082091
                  Coming July 26th 2022. Cyber City Oedo 808 remastered Blu Ray Steelbook edition!

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Cyber...elbook-Blu-ray

English dub, Japanese language, English subtitles, all 3 OVAs in high definition, region A disc.

Remastered with supervision by the director, Yoshiaki Kawajiri!
                  Last edited by WTK; 03-30-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

April 2:

Comment

Wow lol there's punching it up and there's punching it up.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X