Widgets Magazine

What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (December 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (December 2020)

Widgets Magazine
    Time is winding down in 2020 as here is the final one of these threads for the year 2020 in what has been a very turbulent year, and not to mention this site is scheduled to be shut down soon. Nevertheless, it's still here, and the drill is the same as usual, and that is to let us know what you got in the month of December, both in terms of stuff received as well as stuff ordered in this month that is expected to be fulfilled in January or later.

As for me, Violet Evergarden is due to be shipped out, while I also have my order from the Sentai Shop sale coming. And I'll be quite busy buying lots of stuff during the Right Stuf holiday sale when the right Mega Deals come around. On top of that, there's still the Emma boxset that's due to be shipping out any moment now. In any case, I'm expecting December to be quite tough on my wallet.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Here’s what I’ve got for this month (and man, it’s a lot):

Blue Exorcist The Complete Series Box Set (Blu-Ray)
    Keijo!!!!!!!! The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essential)
    Lucky Star The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essential)
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Set 6 (Blu-Ray)
    Sailor Moon Super S: The Movie (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)
    Violet Evergarden -Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll- (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo) [Birthday Gift]
    Castlevania Season 2 (Blu-Ray) [Birthday Gift]
    Waiting in the Summer Complete Collection (Blu-Ray w/Dub) [Birthday Gift]
    Magical Warfare Complete Collection (Blu-Ray) [Birthday Gift]
    Coicent/Five Numbers (Blu-Ray Double Feature) [Birthday Gift]
    Akira (4K Ultra HD+Blu-Ray Combo LE) [and I now wait for FUNi’s HDR disc on February.]

Christmas Gifts
    The Demon Girl Next Door Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 2 (Blu-Ray)
    Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)
    Kino’s Journey Complete Collection (SD Blu-Ray)
    Cutie Honey Universe Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)
    Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo)
    Dimension W Compete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
    Myriad Colors Phantom World Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
    Akiba’s Trip: The Animation Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)

Pre-Order
    Lupin III: The First (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo w/Steelbook LE) [Birthday Gift]
    Motto To Love-Ru Complete Collection (Season 2 Blu-Ray w/Dub) [X-Mas Gift]
    My Hero Academia Season 4 Part 2 (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo LE)
    BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. Season 1 (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo LE)

That’s all for now, bring on 2021!
    Last edited by Animeman2; 12-30-2020, 10:49 PM. Reason: Updates
    "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
    Currently Watching: My Hero Academia (S5), Fena: Pirate Princess, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (S2), Scarlet Nexus & Full Dive.
    Finish Watching:
    Dr. Stone (S2), Shaman King (2021 S1 Part 1), So I’m a Spider, So What?, Kemono Jihen & Beastars (S2).

Comment

Finally managed to get these two:

- The Vision of Escaflowne (TV & Movie): Collector's Edition
      - Human Crossing: Complete Collection (My first SD Blu-Ray)

Ran out on funds during last year's RS sales to get these managed to find some available funds to get them during the Holiday sale

Originally posted by Animeman2 View Post
      Here’s what I’ve got (so far) for this month:

Blue Exorcist The Complete Series Box Set (Blu-Ray)
      Keijo!!!!!!!! The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essential)
      Lucky Star The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essential)

More updates to come!
      When you get Keijo & Lucky Star I would be interested to know if they have a reversible cover w/spine.

Comment

Originally posted by zidanetribal2000 View Post
        When you get Keijo & Lucky Star I would be interested to know if they have a reversible cover w/spine.
        To answer your question, it only has the artwork from the shows on the opposite reversible side like a mini-poster. No alternate cover whatsoever. I hope that helps.
        Last edited by Animeman2; 12-08-2020, 03:33 AM.
        "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
        Currently Watching: My Hero Academia (S5), Fena: Pirate Princess, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (S2), Scarlet Nexus & Full Dive.
        Finish Watching:
        Dr. Stone (S2), Shaman King (2021 S1 Part 1), So I’m a Spider, So What?, Kemono Jihen & Beastars (S2).

Comment

I finally received my order from the Sentai Shop that I placed during the Black Friday sale, and I didn't get shipping confirmation until the day I got them:

Infinite Stratos 2 Premium Box Set
          SCHOOL-LIVE! Premium Box Set
          Little Busters! EX Complete Collection
          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] [Only @ Best Buy] [2018]
            Violet Evergarden I Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll Movie Blu-ray/DVD
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Spirited Away (Blu-ray)(2020)
              Castle In The Sky (Blu-ray)(2020)
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

I still have yet to place an order for the sale, but I plan to place my first one tomorrow. In the meantime, I have place a preorder for something that will be coming in March:

BOFURI I Don't Want to Get Hurt So I'll Max Out My Defense Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

A preorder just arrived, to I'm adding this to my month's ever-growing swag list:

Violet Evergarden Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD

And in the meantime, I placed an order for these from the Right Stuf sale. I'm planning to place one more order on the last day of the sale on Saturday.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
                  That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime Season 1 Part 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD

So to summarize so far, that's three items received from the Sentai shop order placed in November, a preorder received, a preorder made for March, and a small order placed for the Sentai sale, and I'm expecting a bigger on the final day of the Right Stuf holiday sale. I plan to make one more order on the Sentai shop, but I'll wait until that sale ends in January before placing it.

Comment

Just one item this month:

Fate/Stay [Unlimited Blade Works] Complete Box Set Blu-ray

Ordered from RACS (Black Friday Sale). Took a while to arrive. The wait was worth it.

Comment

InuYasha: Set 3 (Blu-ray)
                      The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) (Essentials)
                      Dr. STONE: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD)
                      Dr. STONE: Season 1, Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD LE)
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

With my final order for the Right Stuf holiday sale, here is what I purchased:

Aria the Natural Season 2 Part 2 Blu-ray
                        Aria the Natural Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray
                        Aria the Origination Season 3 + OVA's Blu-ray
                        Konosuba Season 1 + OVA Blu-ray $23.42 $23.42
                        Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Steelbook Blu-ray/DVD
                        That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Violet Evergarden Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

And one more order, this time over on the Sentai shop:

Food Wars! The Third Plate Premium Box Set Blu-ray/DVD

That should do it, and I'll have one more post to summarize everything.

Comment

I received the Emma Kickstarter Blu-Ray set from Right Stuf/Nozomi. (It shipped at an inopportune time so far as being able to pick it up went, but the delivery person read my note and left it well out of the sight of passers-by.)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X