X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Theatrical] ELEVEN Arts to distribute SHIROBAKO The Movie

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/ELEVEN_ARTS/stat...97445979967488
    Eleven Arts is PROUD to announce the North American acquisition of the Tsutomu Mizushima directed anime film, SHIROBAKO The Movie!
    https://twitter.com/ELEVEN_ARTS/stat...97453764632576
    Tune in to our Industry Panel with @animenyc Online this Friday, November 20 at 5:00 PM PST to be the FIRST to watch the premiere of the extended trailer for SHIROBAKO The Movie

See you then!

Uh...OK. Not what I was expecting.

Comment

I was wondering why Sentai didn't announce it right around the time it came out, and while financial troubles might have something to do with that seeing that they are the only licensor still taking on simulcasts that isn't backed by or partnered with a megacorporation, it looks like Eleven Arts swooped in and were just waiting for the green light to announce it. Chances are, it's going to get a dub by NYAV Post rather than Sentai, which would be a bummer for consistency.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
      Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
      Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        I was wondering why Sentai didn't announce it right around the time it came out, and while financial troubles might have something to do with that seeing that they are the only licensor still taking on simulcasts that isn't backed by or partnered with a megacorporation, it looks like Eleven Arts swooped in and were just waiting for the green light to announce it. Chances are, it's going to get a dub by NYAV Post rather than Sentai, which would be a bummer for consistency.
        Didn't they get the original cast for the Laughing Under the Clouds movies?
        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Man, Eleven Arts really love licensing movies associated with series that other companies have. Some of these situations make more sense than others, but I really wonder how some of them happen. It's especially bizarre timing considering Sentai just went back to dub the series despite its massive cast. Given the precedent from Laughing Under the Clouds, I'd hope that they'd try to have it dubbed in Houston (or with Houston actors remotely, as circumstances have demanded), but they were inconsistent with themselves for the Eupho movies going to different studios (with the latter choosing not to bring back some of the former's casting choices within their own talent pool), so who knows?
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Well, that's disappointment. Was hoping to stream the movie on HiDive whenever it comes out but guess not. And possible chance of not getting proper masters for home video release.

Comment

SHIROBAKO The Movie | Official US Trailer https://youtu.be/wn4wt51Ices

Four years after the events of SHIROBAKO the series, Musashino Animation has gone through unprecedented changes and things are looking bleak for the studio. One day, Aoi Miyamori is offered a role managing a new theatrical animation project. With only a few months left before the deadline, can MusAni complete the project in its current state? It’s up to Aoi to work alongside both familiar faces and new to finish the project in time! Get ready
              for SHIROBAKO The Movie, coming to North America in 2021!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X