Widgets Magazine

What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (November 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] What US Anime Releases Did You Get? (November 2020)

Widgets Magazine
    It's now November, and that means another one of these threads. But while the thread is new, the drill is not, and as always let us know what purchases you made for anime BDs and DVDs in the month of November, both in terms of stuff received and stuff ordered to be fulfilled in December or later.

As for me, this figures to be a wallet-draining month for me with Right Stuf beginning their holiday sales in two months. What I get depends on what goes up for sale between here, the Funimation shop, and the Sentai shop. I am also anticipating that my rewards from the Emma Kickstarter drive will finally get fulfilled this month as Right Stuf is just about ready to ship it. November is going to be quite a tough assault on my wallet, and I'm prepared for that to happen.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Here’s what I’ve got for this month:

Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol.2 (Blu-Ray LE)
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Set 5 (Blu-Ray)
    Lucky Star The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)
    Keijo!!!!!!!! The Complete Series (Blu-Ray Essentials)

That’s all for now, bring on next month!
    Last edited by Animeman2; 12-06-2020, 12:15 AM.
    "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
    Currently Watching: My Hero Academia (S5), Fena: Pirate Princess, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (S2), Scarlet Nexus & Full Dive.
    Finish Watching:
    Dr. Stone (S2), Shaman King (2021 S1 Part 1), So I’m a Spider, So What?, Kemono Jihen & Beastars (S2).

Comment

It's been a while for me. Finally picked up the following to complete some series:

- Tokyo Ghoul:Re Part 1
      - Tokyo Ghoul:Re Part 2 LE (really like the feeling of the artbox different from the others)
      - Star Blazers Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part 2 BR/DVD (needed this to fill out the Part 1 LE)

Also picked up Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust Blu-Ray. Worth noting this is my first Discotek title lol

Comment

Also picked up Discotek's 5 Centimeters Per Second Blu-Ray. Since I had a spare 2-disc Blu-Ray case I was able to use it so the ADV DVD and Discotek Blu-Ray would be in the same case

Comment

Weathering With You [Collector's Edition Ltd. Ed.]
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

One Piece Season 10 Part 3 DVD
            Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Space Adventure Cobra TV Series Blu-ray
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Akira 4k/BD Limited Edition (Import version)
                Fate/Zero Complete Box Set Blu-ray

Comment

I received a Right Stuf order this month including:

Demon Slayer Funimation release set 1
                  Symphogear Blu-Ray
                  Granbelm Blu-Ray
                  Shirobako Complete Collection

I haven't actually watched Demon Slayer yet; I guess it followed too soon after I'd grudgingly watched The Promised Neverland to see what that fuss was all about, and that slightly later series was turning into one more of the Aniplex of America-licensed anime I do my best to not care about when I saw the announcement the common corporate overlordship of Aniplex and Funimation seemed to have had some effect. My reaction was that if I didn't help prove "economy editions" can help expand the number of buyers (as opposed to cannibalize some fraction of an absolutely unexpandable "willing to buy discs" group, or even turn away some fraction of discerning collectors in disdain), I'd share some measure of the blame for the experiment never happening again.

Comment

November ended up being a much lighter month than I was anticipating as so far, the sales have been a big disappointment. I only placed a small order at the Sentai shop that has yet to ship.

Ordered
                    Infinite Stratos 2 Premium Box Set
                    SCHOOL-LIVE! Premium Box Set
                    Little Busters! EX Complete Collection

The Infinite Stratos box set is finally at an acceptable price for me, so I got that. With the School-Live LE at that low of a price that I couldn't resist seeing that I needed to fill my cart with enough stuff for free shipping. Anyway, I expect December to be quite a different story since I have a preorder coming, while I'm going to be making some more purchases on Right Stuf when the time is right.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

My very light swag for November:

Sailor Moon S Part 2
                      Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
                      Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                      Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X