X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Funimation licenses Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...on-this-winter

We’re excited to announced that Log Horizon Season 3, officially titled Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table, is joining the Funimation Winter 2021 anime season lineup.
    Last edited by WTK; 12-16-2020, 07:08 PM.

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Leaving this here for now...

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...on-this-winter

We’re excited to announced that Log Horizon Season 3, officially titled Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table, is joining the Funimation Winter 2021 anime season lineup.
    Huh...Funi has Log Horizon season 3?
    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Wow. Funimation are a bunch of assholes. Couldn't let Sentai have just one eh.

Comment

Really hope there aren't a bunch of recasts...I probably won't support the home video release if there are.
        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Now this is just predatory on Funimation's part, while a very troubling development on Sentai's part. They already have way too much stuff, and here they go stealing this from Sentai when they already have a lot of stuff already and several other shows they could get their hands on other than this. And with this comes the troubling prospect of having a new cast since this was done in Houston, and I don't think Sentai is going to be all that accommodating after this. At least with dubbing becoming a more remote process these days that it's still possible to get them back, something that wouldn't have been possible back when the first season came out.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
          Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

If they recast, i will not be buying

Comment

That's kind of a jerk move on Funi's part. I'm a subtitled fan so if they change the dub cast, that won't bother me as much, but I know how it feels to have casts changed and I don't like that either. We'll see if Funi does a video release or if it goes back to Sentai. (Weirder things have happened.)

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time there would be recasts for this show.
                Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Huh, wasn't expecting that. Will definitely be interesting to see how this progresses. I've never bought any of the releases or heard any of the dub, but I hope for the most consistency possible for everyone else. Of course, having to watch a simulcast on Funimation instead of Crunchyroll is bad enough, but I've gotten used to that more and more lately, especially with Aniplex series.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Season 3 confirmed to be Funimation exclusive.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...on-winter-2021

Comment

Well, that's annoying...

Comment

Ugh, just hoping that Funi bothers to keep as much of the original dub cast that they can. Still, not thrilled they would snatch the freaking 3rd season of a show that Sentai already has.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Either Funimation is being predatory or Sentai's bottom line is so dire that they can't even get this sequel to one of their shows (and possibly Non Non Biyori Nonstop) licensed. It's got to be one of those two things as the only other way for something like this to happen is if someone like Netflix or Amazon make an offer the production committee just can't refuse, and Funimation is not that kind of company, I think.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                          Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This could end up like the Junjo Romantica 3 situation where Funimation gets the simulcast but the show ends up getting a home video release through the company that has the first 2 seasons.
                            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Either Funimation is being predatory or Sentai's bottom line is so dire that they can't even get this sequel to one of their shows (and possibly Non Non Biyori Nonstop) licensed. It's got to be one of those two things as the only other way for something like this to happen is if someone like Netflix or Amazon make an offer the production committee just can't refuse, and Funimation is not that kind of company, I think.
                              Funi also took Full Metal Panic the 2nd Raid (3rd season) from ADV (now known as Sentai) a number of years ago. At least they sent the dub-work to ADV to maintain the cast for that one. Really, really hope they do on this one too.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X