Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith View Post

There was an ADV dub?
    I would call the classic "series" dub the ADV dub and the classic "movies" dub the Manga dub. I get why the "movies" dub would be called an ADV dub because of the VA that worked on both of those movies.

Comment

I was wondering how long it would last. With a lot of related industries, they'd be sold out in seconds, but for anime, 5000 $300+ sets when you can't buy more than one in under 8 hours is pretty unprecedented. I'm guessing some people still found ways to get around that "only buy one" restriction. I wonder if the ID cards will be numbered, and if they're actually selling all 5000 sets now or keeping some behind for replacements. I suppose if they are numbered and they just don't replace that part, there can be more than 5000 copies.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I thought 5,000 sets was too low. They could have easily sold 10,000 if they wanted to. (Assuming they had the option...).

Comment

Forgot to even check this and it is sold out...man I really hope the regular editions have the original dub. (Why would that be on a bonus disc?? It's an extra audio track at best..) Couldn't care less about song licensing issues personally.

Comment

I still have my ADV Holiday Edition and Manga US DVDs so if they don't make it to one of the cheaper editions, it won't be that big of a loss for me. I don't really care for the physical extras and packaging all of the Ultimate Editions announced so far are offering and I was already disappointed at the lack of Archive of Evangelion DVD masters since that on bonus DVDs would have made a good limited extra (like how Bandai handled Haruhi's LE singles back when that first came out).

With all that said, I do wonder about the disc extras though since other than the ADV/Mangle dub & subs, the UE was loaded with Japanese video extras plus I wonder if they're going to release steelbook editions as well. The latter would make up for the extras being UE-exclusive if that's what happens here.
            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

No news from GKIDS, but the UK just increased the print run from 1,500 to 2,500.
              Originally posted by All the Anime
              An announcement about NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
              https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9OWFZ5W...=jpg&name=orig
              https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/stat...50528582606848
              Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Originally posted by TAYglover98 View Post

I would call the classic "series" dub the ADV dub and the classic "movies" dub the Manga dub. I get why the "movies" dub would be called an ADV dub because of the VA that worked on both of those movies.
                I was being facetious at calling the Manga movie dub ADV's.
                -Keith

Comment

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/statu...35215179075584
                  Thank you to everyone who ordered the #EVANGELIONUltimate! The NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Ultimate Edition has sold out on its first day of pre-order.

More information on forthcoming editions will be available on 8/30/21 at http://GKIDS.com/Evangelion.
                  https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/statu...35216382877699
                  We will review for any fraudulent or duplicate #EVANGELIONUltimate orders, and may have additional quantities to release at a later point. Any stock updates will be posted on @GKIDSFilms with 24 hours notice given ahead of additional stock releases.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcBonk View Post
                    Forgot to even check this and it is sold out...man I really hope the regular editions have the original dub. (Why would that be on a bonus disc?? It's an extra audio track at best..) Couldn't care less about song licensing issues personally.
                    The main reason for it to be on a separate disc is so it could be easily excluded from any future less-than-ultimate editions, presumably for licensing reasons.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post

The main reason for it to be on a separate disc is so it could be easily excluded from any future less-than-ultimate editions, presumably for licensing reasons.

The separate discs are probably just SD Blu-Rays anyway like in the Gundam Seed sets. So not really worth it. The DVDs are probably better since they actually have the ending songs.

That being said, I did not know this was going on, so I guess I missed out too. They probably could have easily sold double or more. Why would they want to miss out on money?

Comment

No reason to make them SD-BDs other than out of spite. Unless Khara is that petty that they would require that. (Not unlikely)
                        If that's the case then they won't get a buy from me. I've got the old Plat box and it's not at all hard to find other sources with the ADV Dub/Sub muxed into the JP-BD video (That also have intact music )if one really wants that. Just saying.

If they are somehow hurting for space on disc, the old AC-3 audio from said DVDs do not take much space. Roughly 70-100MB per episode. There really isn't a reasonable excuse that isn't dumb TBH. The Gundam Seed comparison really isn't applicable because there were lots of changes to the HD version of that show that make syncing that dub essentially impossible without the original stems. That's not accounting for new or changed scenes with different or added dialogue.

This can be done, and it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcBonk View Post
                          No reason to make them SD-BDs other than out of spite. Unless Khara is that petty that they would require that. (Not unlikely)
                          If that's the case then they won't get a buy from me. I've got the old Plat box and it's not at all hard to find other sources with the ADV Dub/Sub muxed into the JP-BD video (That also have intact music )if one really wants that. Just saying.

If they are somehow hurting for space on disc, the old AC-3 audio from said DVDs do not take much space. Roughly 70-100MB per episode. There really isn't a reasonable excuse that isn't dumb TBH. The Gundam Seed comparison really isn't applicable because there were lots of changes to the HD version of that show that make syncing that dub essentially impossible without the original stems. That's not accounting for new or changed scenes with different or added dialogue.

This can be done, and it has been.
                          I mean Gundem Seed had the SD masters but thats because the New footage is just that New .........

Comment

Right, but comparing having what is including what is just an extra audio track on an entirely separate authored disc (That can be just thrown on and muxed with the BD-Video on the main discs) with it's own video (Potential that it is SD would an incredible insult) is a very different situation than Gundam Seed. Gundam Seed's original dub as an SD-BD was a necessity if it was to happen. Making it Ultra Edition exclusive makes sense given the potential niche status of it.
                            The ADV dub for Evangellion can literally just be muxed in with the Netflix "Official" dub on the same disc and it will work just fine.
                            I've got a 10 second clip of just that to show so if no one has a problem with me posting that.

Comment

GKIDS have already confirmed the Classic Version will not be on SD-BD discs.

https://twitter.com/gkidsfilms/statu...358222853?s=21

The bonus Classic Version is presented on Blu-ray in 1080p High Definition. The Classic Version English dub has the 5.1 audio featured on a prior North American home video release.
                              DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Originally posted by bearcounty View Post
                                GKIDS have already confirmed the Classic Version will not be on SD-BD discs.

https://twitter.com/gkidsfilms/statu...358222853?s=21
                                Damn... what a thing to have missed. Left the countdown page running, just didn't remember the day.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X