Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Marathon Feature

Widgets Magazine
    Which releases have a marathon feature included? It really makes watching discs easier and faster. I can't figure out why this feature isn't included on more releases.

I know Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Attack on Titan include marathon mode.

I think One Piece might have the feature too.

I only have time to watch one or two episodes at a time and I like to watch the openings and endings, so I never use the feature.

Comment

One Piece would another title. IMO, long running series would benefit from this feature.

Comment

As useful as it might be for some, I don't use it since I can only watch one or two episodes at a time, and I prefer to watch the theme songs as well. And when I don't, I can just hit the next chapter button and I have something equivalent to the marathon feature. It just isn't critical that it gets included.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
        Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
        Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

There's also the Dragon Ball GT green bricks which has that feature. I believe Viz's release of Zetman has it as well (judging by this review).

I don't mind marathon features myself, my only problem with them is when they cut off the recaps in the beginning, it also affects the episodes that didn't have any but had the actual start to them before the episode titles appear. I think the One Piece DVDs handled this issue better (going off memory since I first dropped it during Skypiea) but it wasn't the case with the DB/Z/GT bricks.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
          "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
          "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
          "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X