Widgets Magazine

The Impacts of Coronavirus on the Local and International Industry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shocker, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution ~ Kizuna ~ has been cancelled.

Toei's Twitter account is as follows:

To all DigiDestined, from the Toei Animation and Fathom Events team:

Given current circumstance and to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna has been postponed. New event dates and ticketing information will be communicated when they become available. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

For information about refunds, please reach out to your point of purchase.
    Curious if they'll actually go through with a screening later or just opt to do Digital Distribution. Given even major Hollywood studios are considering this now, I hope they consider it at least.

Comment

If you are planning to buy anime online via Amazon, you're kinda out of luck, as Amazon has announced a temporary suspension of shipments of non-essential items.
      Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
        If you are planning to buy anime online via Amazon, you're kinda out of luck, as Amazon has announced a temporary suspension of shipments of non-essential items.
        That's not correct, actually. That article refers to shipments to Amazon warehouses, not shipments from warehouses to consumers. In other words, anything Amazon has on hand will still be shipped. People can still order anime without issue.

And the article you linked might be incorrect, on top of that; other articles I've seen on this subject, like a Politico article on the subject, specifically state that it only applies to third party "fulfilled by Amazon" sellers, not items sold by Amazon themselves. In other words, this is more about Amazon focusing on their own supply lines and sales, at the expense of third party vendors that rely on them for warehousing.
        Last edited by Glorian; 03-17-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Cinemark To Shutter All 345 U.S. Theaters On Wednesday

https://deadline.com/2020/03/cinemar...tes-1202885993

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post

That's not correct, actually. That article refers to shipments to Amazon warehouses, not shipments from warehouses to consumers. In other words, anything Amazon has on hand will still be shipped. People can still order anime without issue.

And the article you linked might be incorrect, on top of that; other articles I've seen on this subject, like a Politico article on the subject, specifically state that it only applies to third party "fulfilled by Amazon" sellers, not items sold by Amazon themselves. In other words, this is more about Amazon focusing on their own supply lines and sales, at the expense of third party vendors that rely on them for warehousing.
            It's looking like it might be a little of both. People over on ResetEra are reporting stuff that's a bit out to saying "Release date updated" for pre-orders, but no new date. Final Fantasy VII's remake seems to be noted to being affected by this. It seems that if they have the stuff already in the warehouse (meaning this week is likely safe for upcoming releases), it'll likely ship. So I assume this is for everything, really.

----

Also, wanted to comment on this, I didn't realize that Cinemark was as small as they were. They're common around the Western/Northern Pennsylvania, so never realized really how small their reach was.

Either way, smart move, given how many state lock-downs/mandates are now and to reduce spread, but I really feel for the employees right now for all places affected by this... : /
            Last edited by ChibiGoku; 03-17-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Missed these ones...

Landmark Temporarily Closes All Theaters Over Coronavirus
              https://deadline.com/2020/03/landmar...rus-1202885061

Marcus Theatres also closed. https://www.marcustheatres.com/marcu...n-intermission

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post

It's looking like it might be a little of both. People over on ResetEra are reporting stuff that's a bit out to saying "Release date updated" for pre-orders, but no new date. Final Fantasy VII's remake seems to be noted to being affected by this. It seems that if they have the stuff already in the warehouse (meaning this week is likely safe for upcoming releases), it'll likely ship. So I assume this is for everything, really.
                Hmm, I don't know about that. How do we know that delay isn't a supplier related issue, instead of an Amazon not accepting stock issue? I don't have the Final Fantasy VII remake pre-ordered, but I do have the Resident Evil 3 remake pre-ordered (comes out April 3rd), and Amazon hasn't changed the release date for that, at least so far.

Comment

Simuldub delays from Funimation

We have made some necessary changes to the SimulDub production and release schedule, and have temporarily paused SimulDub production for the remainder of the current and upcoming seasons.
                  AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

With no surprise, Funimation announced that there will be a delay of simuldubs, with some simuldubs being put on pause until further notice.

The safety of our Funimation family is our highest priority right now, so we’re adjusting our dub-production schedule to allow everyone to work from home. This means there will be delays in some of our dubbed series in the coming weeks, but subs are still on schedule! Right now, we’re working hard to spin up some special content releases for you guys, so stay tuned!

We have made some necessary changes to the SimulDub production and release schedule, and have temporarily paused SimulDub production for the remainder of the current and upcoming seasons. We’ll let you know if and when that changes. Funimation is an extended family of creators, partners, actors and producers, and their safety is our top priority, so we hope you guys will understand.

We’ve put together a breakdown of the shows by broadcast date that will be impacted by the production delay.

Thanks for watching.
                    SimulDub Delays

March 18, 2020
                    • BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense, starting with Episode 9

March 19, 2020
                    • Hatena Illusion, starting with Episode 8
                    • Infinite Dendrogram, starting with Episode 8
                    • Nekopara, starting with Episode 9
                    • Smile Down the Runway, starting with Episode 9
                    • Toilet-bound Hanako-kun, starting with Episode 9

March 20, 2020
                    • Asteroid in Love, starting with Episode 5
                    • Case File nº221: Kabukicho, starting with Episode 21
                    • Darwin’s Game, starting with Episode 9

March 21, 2020
                    • My Hero Academia, starting with Episode 84

March 22, 2020
                    • Black Clover, starting with Episode 124
                    • ID: INVADED, starting with Episode 13

March 24, 2020
                    • Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, starting with Episode 10

April 3, 2020
                    • A Certain Scientific Railgun T, starting with Episode 8
                    I'm glad that Funimation took steps to allow voice actors to work from home because there are a lot of advantages of having their voice actors do their dubs at their home studio, even allowing several Los Angeles based voice actors to provide their recorded lines even.
                    Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post

Hmm, I don't know about that. How do we know that delay isn't a supplier related issue, instead of an Amazon not accepting stock issue? I don't have the Final Fantasy VII remake pre-ordered, but I do have the Resident Evil 3 remake pre-ordered (comes out April 3rd), and Amazon hasn't changed the release date for that, at least so far.
                      This,

I have several manga, anime, and other "non-essentials" that have not had the same message that Final Fantasy 7 Remake has had.
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post

This,

I have several manga, anime, and other "non-essentials" that have not had the same message that Final Fantasy 7 Remake has had.
                        It's curious, given everything. Either way, probably a "Wait and See" situation, but just sorta a heads up for anyone ordering it, either way. Didn't hurt to mention what users were experiencing.

----

So FUNimation did end up delaying the simuldubs. Expecting this to happen elsewhere, too. I'm curious what'll happen with My Hero Academia, due to the Toonami airing. Black Clover is a ways off, so it's definitely not a problem, but they're really close to where FUNimation is, dub wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post

It's curious, given everything. Either way, probably a "Wait and See" situation, but just sorta a heads up for anyone ordering it, either way. Didn't hurt to mention what users were experiencing.

----

So FUNimation did end up delaying the simuldubs. Expecting this to happen elsewhere, too. I'm curious what'll happen with My Hero Academia, due to the Toonami airing. Black Clover is a ways off, so it's definitely not a problem, but they're really close to where FUNimation is, dub wise.
                          will dub voice actors now join the millions out of work? will they have to be unemployed too? sad times

On FF7, may be a Square Enix thing afterall

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-f...be-hard-to-get
                          Last edited by 27CansOfTuna; 03-18-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post

will dub voice actors now join the millions out of work? will they have to be unemployed too? sad times
                            Hoping everyone's okay, too. This is really a stressful time. Hell, it's hard to find food right now because of everything, even without money being a concern.

On FF7, may be a Square Enix thing afterall

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-f...be-hard-to-get
                            That explains it. Would make sense why no other orders were seeing similar updates.

Comment

With A-Kon happening just one week before Fanime and things having gotten so bad in the Bay Area to the point where a shelter in place was ordered that it shouldn't be long before that con gets cancelled.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                              Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                              Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                                With A-Kon happening just one week before Fanime and things having gotten so bad in the Bay Area to the point where a shelter in place was ordered that it shouldn't be long before that con gets cancelled.
                                I can say it's SO EERIE with a shelter in place in effect. I hope it doesn't drag on, but the way things are going, I'm not optimistic. It keeps getting worse by the day with new counties enacting shelter in place orders.

I wasn't going to go to any conventions, but it makes me sad to see so many conventions being cancelled, but the health and safety of everyone needs to come first.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X