• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Widgets Magazine
    via PR... | http://www.childrenwhochaselostvoices.com/
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES”

HOUSTON, June 14, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is extraordinarily proud to announce the forthcoming release of the year’s most eagerly awaited animated feature, CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES! The latest brainchild of writer/producer/director Makoto Shinkai, the pioneering creator who first turned the Japanese animation industry on its head by producing the hit VOICES OF A DISTANT STAR almost single handedly using his own personal computer, CHILDREN will be Shinkai’s longest and most complex film to date and promises to further continue the director’s evolution as one of the most important emerging talents in the animation industry. Joining Shinkai once again are some of his most trusted collaborators, including composer TENMON, who has created the score to every Shinkai film since the director’s first short, SHE AND HER CAT; animation director/character designer Takayo Nishimura and art director Takumi Tanji, who have both risen up the production chain with Shinkai, having begun as an animator and background artist respectively on THE PLACE PROMISED IN OUR EARLY DAYS and 5 CENTIMETERS PER SECOND; and most especially the ground-breaking production company ComixWave Films, which has distributed all of Shinkai’s major works to date.

Strange sounds in the darkness… Unearthly music from an old crystal radio… These are all the warning Asuna Watase has before a simple walk to her clubhouse catapults her into a nightmarish adventure that will take her beneath the Earth to a lost land beyond the realm of legend! Attacked by a strange monstrous creature, rescued by a mysterious stranger and pursued by a relentless enemy, Asuna finds herself enmeshed in a centuries old mystery that will bind her to a strange young defender and lead her inevitably, towards a secret that may hold the key to life itself! From Makoto Shinkai, the critically acclaimed anime wunderkind who’s thrilled audiences around the world with the masterworks VOICES OF A DISTANT STAR and THE PLACE PROMISED IN OUR EARLY DAYS, comes an all new, dark and truly epic journey into a world you’ve never seen before: CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES!

CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES will begin theatrical release on June 26 – July 3 at the Nuart Theater in Los Angeles. General release through digital channels will follow with a home video release on DVD & BD later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

TFP article / ANN article

From The 2011 Waterloo Festival of Animated Cinema in Canada - via Twitch (11/20).
    Word is the US distrib pulled CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES from festival at last minute. It's here but they can't show it. Grr.
    While there is no official confirmation from the actual N. American distributor, it would be curious to see how actually has this film.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-14-2012, 07:28 PM.

Re: Makoto Shinkai's Hoshi o Ou Kodomo licensed in North America

Probably could be Funi or Sentai.
    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

I'm not surprised given that I seem to remember reading that one of the UK licensee's was hinting around having some news for this title soon which usually means that they've got an agreement with someone in the US or Australia to help pay for dub costs etc.

Hopefully there won't be restrictions on a BD release outside Japan like with his other films, (although I think the JP BD release for this due out at the end of the week has English subs anyway).
      Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
      Currently Watching: UN-GO
      [Collection March '12]

Comment

Originally posted by memyselfandi View Post
        Hopefully there won't be restrictions on a BD release outside Japan like with his other films, (although I think the JP BD release for this due out at the end of the week has English subs anyway).
        Taiwan (Proware) is getting 5 Centimeters Per Second and The Place Promised in Our Early Days BD releases later this week. So it's possible that other regions around the world could be getting them in the future.

Comment

Great news, although I do wonder who has it. I hope Crunchyroll got it, since they could stream it soon, then release it dubbed (through Bandai), and since most other companies don't stream movies much, and when they do it's usually after they're released, by quite a bit. Other than them, Sentai seems likely, and of course FUNimation is always a very good possibility.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by memyselfandi View Post
            I'm not surprised given that I seem to remember reading that one of the UK licensee's was hinting around having some news for this title soon which usually means that they've got an agreement with someone in the US or Australia to help pay for dub costs etc.
            Wasn't it Andrew at Kaze? Either him or Manga (regardless which it is, Manga will be releasing it - but it has implications on who has the US rights)
            Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
            Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

I think I gonna stick, if I get this, with the JP version...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing who gets this.

Comment

I look forward to hearing who has it. Considering that this is something by Makoto Shinkai that I am very interested in watching it whenever it comes out. I'm thinking that Sentai will most likely have it.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I'm actually thinking Sentai too, since they've been picking up quite a bit from ComixWave this past year. It seemed like they were trying to build a relationship with them to nab something else. If they did license it, it will likely start streaming on Anime Network ahead of the physical release.

Considering CR hasn't released any physical media since 5cm, so I don't think it's likely they have it. They've had oppotunities at many other properties and have passed on them.

And of course, Funimation would always be a likely candidate, but I can't see them pulling it fom a film festival.

Comment

I figure to add this to this thread as well...
                      Originally posted by Tratious View Post
                      just thought I would throw this out here
                      Originally posted by Tratious
                      want to know another domain Sentai has registered to them....
                      http://childrenwhochaselostvoices.com
                      it's registered to Holder, S-F Domain, which also holds this same domain.
                      I ran a whois and Holder S-F Domain seems to own the above domain, and the voices domain as well.

Comment

Sentai is who I suspected had licensed this, so I'm not surprised. I do wonder when we will actually see a solicitation for it, though.

Comment

Perhaps today?
                          My animé & figure collections
                          Hummingbird
                          || Tweeterings
                          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                            Perhaps today?
                            The CR news article's source was from Tratious's post in this forum. It doesn't confirm anything additional.

Comment

Oh hey, the Crunchyroll news article cites this thread, and even includes a screenshot of one of the posts. Neat. So Sentai has it. Figures. They're probably my top choice at this point. I'd be about as happy whether it ended up coming out from them or FUNimation, but with them, we're almost guaranteed to see it solicited within the next few months, while with FUNimation we could end up waiting a year. I would love to see the bilingual Blu-ray with a July release date, but I can see this being a slightly longer wait.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...