Widgets Magazine

Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent licenses El Hazard - The Magnificent World / The Wanderers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent licenses El Hazard - The Magnificent World / The Wanderers

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...60087814230016 (noted as BD @ panel)

Coming 2020: El-Hazard: The Magnificent World / The Magnificent World 2 / The Alternative World
    Last edited by WTK; 07-06-2019, 01:50 PM.

FINALLY! More El Hazard is good! Blu is even BETTER!

Comment

I remember El Hazard from my university anime club days in the late 1990s, and recall seeing a DVD set of it from Pioneer in a comics shop just as I was beginning to buy anime DVDs... although I don't recall buying it at the time, even though I eventually got a copy. The only problem is it might not have made a "I must have it on Blu-Ray" impression all these years later...

Comment

fwiw, the JP BD release of the first OVA looks and sounds great. It kills me that they didn't go on to produce an HD release of at least OVA 2, but I get it. Anyway, it will be very interesting to get final details on this, i.e. whether or not OVA 2 and The Alternative World are going to be upscaled BD, SD on BD, or just DVD alongside the OVA 1 BD.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I also have the JP BD release and they did a fantastic job with it, the only downside is while it has the English dub there are no English subtitles so that should make the RS release worth getting. It would be nice to get at least some sort of video upgrade on the 2nd OVA as my old Geneon DVD looks pretty bad especially when compared to the BD of the 1st.

I'll probably take a pass on the Alternative World though as I view that as just a forgettable last gasp of the franchise.
          Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

Comment

I'm in for the first OVA. Dual! next please!

Comment

Originally posted by gpn View Post
              I'm in for the first OVA. Dual! next please!
              You can't see it, but I'm seconding this as hard as I can!
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I knew it was only a matter of time before Right Stuf got the main El-Hazard series as they got Wanderers quite some time ago. Before isekai became a marketing trend, there was this show that was one of the first isekai shows out there well before they became commonplace. And it just so happens to be one of the first anime shows that I watched back in the 90's when I first got into anime. Nevertheless it's great to see this show getting a new lease on life seeing that Wanderers isn't exactly the best representation.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Dammit! Someone posted a link to an AMV in that twitter thread, and now I've had that 'Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot' song stuck in my head for the past two days. I've had to restrain myself from singing it out loud several times too.

El Hazard was one of those shows that I'd known about for many years but have never actually seen the thing. I picked up The Wanderers series when Nozomi released it back in 2010, (and I still haven't finished that one) but I never got 'round to checking out the Magnificent World or Alternate World OVAs. Glad I'll be able to see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garasharp K7 View Post
                    Dammit! Someone posted a link to an AMV in that twitter thread, and now I've had that 'Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot' song stuck in my head for the past two days. I've had to restrain myself from singing it out loud several times too.
                    You make that sound like a bad thing...and now I have the song stuck in my head! I haven't watched that AMV in ages so I think I'll go watch it a million times for fun!

I can't wait for a Blu release of all the El Hazard shows!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X