Widgets Magazine

Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent licenses El Hazard - The Magnificent World / The Alternative World / The Wanderers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El-Hazard: The Wanderers previously released on DVD (2 releases; the last was Anime Elements). There wasn't a dedicate thread for the series, so it will just go here.

via TRSI:

El-Hazard: The Wanderers Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $59.99 - 6/14/22
    Special Features: Art Gallery, Clean Openings 1 and 2, Clean Closing, Animated Comic, Nozomi Trailers.
    Last edited by WTK; 03-19-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Another El-Hazard series that never got a BD release in Japan, so I guess this must be another upscale commissioned by Nozomi. I happen to like this alternate re-telling much better than the OVA's sequels, probably because Ryoe Tsukimura oversaw and even wrote some of it, and I wish it got a new HD telecine, but I doubt the original film elements are still out there.

Comment

Yeah if anything, like TMW2 the upscale will at least look a little better than the DVDs due to the extra bit-rate. But my expectations are low. It's too bad they couldn't use Astro Res on Nozomi's upscales.(Which I feel honestly could be a bit better. A nice Avi-synth script could do a lot)

Comment

https://youtu.be/aMZKw3rRmB4

Behind the Scenes with Nozomi Entertainment, A Right Stuf Anime Company: El-Hazard

Our production team is hard at work bringing anime to the world, and David is here to give us a behind-the-scenes look at the process. Learn about the difficulties and his favorite parts of working on El-Hazard: The Magnificent World

Comment

Same video was uploaded to the Rightstuf youtube channel over a year ago. In fact, you already posted it to this thread before.

Comment

Originally posted by russ869 View Post
              Same video was uploaded to the Rightstuf youtube channel over a year ago. In fact, you already posted it to this thread before.
              Oops.

Comment

Anyone get the The Wanderers Blu-ray thats been shipping? I assume its upscale so I'm curious how it looks.

MyAnimeList
                "No sappy lines allowed!" - Aika (Aria)

Comment

I did get it, I haven't put it in to check yet, but I can do some screen caps tomorrow probably.

Comment

It's most definitely an upscale and not the most flattering, but considering the crappy tape source. :| (It saddens me when you see those tape marks here and there)
                    https://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/24928

I'm trying to see if I can do any better with the DVD source and AVISynth for fun.

Comment

Yikes, I guess it would take the original LDs, a Domesday Replicator and AstroRes to make this show look remotely good in HD.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X