Widgets Magazine

Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent licenses El Hazard - The Magnificent World / The Alternative World / The Wanderers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent licenses El Hazard - The Magnificent World / The Alternative World / The Wanderers

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.rightstufanime.com/form/...-announcements

El-Hazard:The Magnificent World will be coming soon to Blu-ray and will feature English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

El-Hazard 2: The Magnificent World will be coming soon to Blu-ray and will feature English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

El Hazard: The Alternative World will be coming soon to Blu-ray and will feature English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...60087814230016 (noted as BD @ panel)

Coming 2020: El-Hazard: The Magnificent World / The Magnificent World 2 / The Alternative World
    Last edited by WTK; 09-22-2019, 10:42 PM.

FINALLY! More El Hazard is good! Blu is even BETTER!

Comment

I remember El Hazard from my university anime club days in the late 1990s, and recall seeing a DVD set of it from Pioneer in a comics shop just as I was beginning to buy anime DVDs... although I don't recall buying it at the time, even though I eventually got a copy. The only problem is it might not have made a "I must have it on Blu-Ray" impression all these years later...

Comment

fwiw, the JP BD release of the first OVA looks and sounds great. It kills me that they didn't go on to produce an HD release of at least OVA 2, but I get it. Anyway, it will be very interesting to get final details on this, i.e. whether or not OVA 2 and The Alternative World are going to be upscaled BD, SD on BD, or just DVD alongside the OVA 1 BD.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I also have the JP BD release and they did a fantastic job with it, the only downside is while it has the English dub there are no English subtitles so that should make the RS release worth getting. It would be nice to get at least some sort of video upgrade on the 2nd OVA as my old Geneon DVD looks pretty bad especially when compared to the BD of the 1st.

I'll probably take a pass on the Alternative World though as I view that as just a forgettable last gasp of the franchise.
          Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

Comment

I'm in for the first OVA. Dual! next please!

Comment

Originally posted by gpn View Post
              I'm in for the first OVA. Dual! next please!
              You can't see it, but I'm seconding this as hard as I can!
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I knew it was only a matter of time before Right Stuf got the main El-Hazard series as they got Wanderers quite some time ago. Before isekai became a marketing trend, there was this show that was one of the first isekai shows out there well before they became commonplace. And it just so happens to be one of the first anime shows that I watched back in the 90's when I first got into anime. Nevertheless it's great to see this show getting a new lease on life seeing that Wanderers isn't exactly the best representation.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Dammit! Someone posted a link to an AMV in that twitter thread, and now I've had that 'Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot' song stuck in my head for the past two days. I've had to restrain myself from singing it out loud several times too.

El Hazard was one of those shows that I'd known about for many years but have never actually seen the thing. I picked up The Wanderers series when Nozomi released it back in 2010, (and I still haven't finished that one) but I never got 'round to checking out the Magnificent World or Alternate World OVAs. Glad I'll be able to see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garasharp K7 View Post
                    Dammit! Someone posted a link to an AMV in that twitter thread, and now I've had that 'Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot' song stuck in my head for the past two days. I've had to restrain myself from singing it out loud several times too.
                    You make that sound like a bad thing...and now I have the song stuck in my head! I haven't watched that AMV in ages so I think I'll go watch it a million times for fun!

I can't wait for a Blu release of all the El Hazard shows!

Comment

LIVE Fireside Chat with TRSI's Shawne Kleckner - ANN Connect https://youtu.be/p922FllohS4

El Hazard BD: next year

Comment

El-Hazard The Magnificent World Blu-ray solicitation coming soon?

YouTube URL goes to El-Hazard The Magnificent World HD Episode 1 (Dub) Battlefield of Confusion (currently notates as "Video unavailable")

Anime NYC Online https://animenyc.com/online/schedule

WED, NOV 18 – 5:30 TO 6 PM EASTERN
                        EL-HAZARD: THE MAGNIFICENT WORLD YOUTUBE PREMIERE
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCHJDaHYyk
                        Anime NYC and Right Stuf are proud to present a YouTube Premiere of the other-worldly El-Hazard: The Magnificent World! When Makoto Mizuhara discovers an old monument in his school and awakens a beautiful woman he, his teacher, his worst enemy, and one of his female friends are transported to the magnificent world of El-Hazard. There, they discovers that they have received special powers. Discover this old school isekai classic!

This one-time-only YouTube Premiere will allow fans across the US and Canada to all watch the anime in real time and chat along. Think of it as a massive movie screening spanning two countries – and you can talk to fans new and old through the whole event! The YouTube Premiere of El-Hazard is ONLY available on Nov 18 from 5:30 to 6 PM Eastern. It will not be archived after it is over. For more, visit rightstufanime.com.

Comment

https://youtu.be/vR_0REQOjUE

Behind the Scenes with Nozomi Entertainment | El Hazard

Our production team is hard at work bringing anime to the world, and David is here to give us a behind-the-scenes look at the process. Learn about the difficulties and his favorite parts about working on The Magnificent World of El-Hazard

Comment

via TRSI:

- El-Hazard: The Magnificent World OVA 1+2 Collection (Blu-ray) - 360 minutes - $39.99 - 8/3/21
                            El-Hazard: The Magnificent World OVA 1+2 Collection contains episodes 1-7 of the first OVA directed by Hiroki Hayashi and episodes 1-4 of the second OVA directed by Yoshiaki Iwasaki.

Special Features: Clean Openings, Clean Closings, Art Galleries.
                            https://www.nozomientertainment.com/...ection-blu-ray
                            Format: Blu-ray
                            Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
                            Age Rating: 14+
                            Episodes: 1-11
                            Special Features: Contains all 7 episodes of El-Hazard: The Magnificent World, and all 4 episodes of El-Hazard: The Magnificent World 2! Also includes Clean Closings, English Voice Cast Easter Eggs, and Art Galleries.
                            Spoken Languages: Japanese, English
                            Subtitles: English
                            Runtime: 360
                            Audio: Japanese 5.1 (OVA 1 only), English 2.0, Japanese 2.0
                            Video Ratio: 4:3
                            Color: Color
                            Catalog Number: NZBLU2164
                            ISBN: 9781570324512
                            ISBN 10:1570324514
                            UPC: 742617216428
                            Discs per Set: 3
                            Case Quantity: 30
                            Pre-book Date: 07/06/2021
                            Release Date: 08/03/2021
                            Last edited by WTK; 05-12-2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              El-Hazard The Magnificent World OVA 1+2 Collection Blu-ray https://www.rightstufanime.com/El-Ha...ection-Blu-ray

August 3
                              Been waiting for this dayyyyyyy! *clicks preorder* El Hazard The Magnificent World was the first series I fully collected on VHS and I cannot wait to own this beautiful blu!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X