Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [US BD] Funimation licenses How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?

    Widgets Magazine
    publisher: Kadokawa


    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019...er-2019-lineup

    How heavy are the dumbbells you lift? (Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?)
    Simulcast Premieres July 3
    SimulDub Premieres July 17
    US, CA, UK, IE
    Last edited by WTK; 06-15-2019, 05:48 AM.

  • #2
    This is very much a typical show Funimation likes to go after, so this was an expected get for Funi. This show had a preliminary English name that was just bad English all around and it's certainly a good thing they changed it to something that's grammatically correct. In any case, a fanservicey show like this with buffed up girls, Funi is quite at home with this.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
    Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

    Comment


    • #3
      Available for purchase digitally:

      - Original Japanese Version: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VG4PD4Y
      - SimulDub: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJZ2PXD

      Comment


      • #4
        How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - Opening Theme - Onegai Muscle

        How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - Ending Theme - Macho a Name?
        Last edited by Slowhand; 07-26-2019, 11:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

          How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 7/7/20
          - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...s-bd-blr-00631
          Special Features: Episode 03 Commentary, Silverman Gym Intense Training Course Part 1, Silverman Gym Intense Training Course Part 2, Promo Videos, Web Previews, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song
          Last edited by WTK; 04-16-2020, 12:18 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was considering buy BD until I saw that episode 1 is still censored on Japanese BD. Oh well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jakewil85 View Post
              I was considering buy BD until I saw that episode 1 is still censored on Japanese BD. Oh well.
              So doesn't that mean that's what the animators and studio intend for that scene on the Blu-ray?
              "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

                So doesn't that mean that's what the animators and studio intend for that scene on the Blu-ray?
                Yeah, if it's intend, that's fine but risky.

                IMO, when TV broadcast was censored like that, some people would think that home video would be uncensored. I have seen a couple comments somewhere else that they were waiting for home video rather than watch simulcast because of that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I didn't realize that this show was censored for its TV broadcast, but seeing that it's censored even on BD in Japan, that's quite problematic. If this is Interspecies Reviewers territory, then it's understandable to a certain extent. But not so much with this show as while there's fanservice abound, it doesn't go overboard with the kind that's typically censored for TV broadcast. Anyway, this will be a wait-and-see if I do end up wanting to ge tthis.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                  Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                  Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That scene wasn't censored in the TV version. That is what it was supposed to be. Manga is exactly the same. Series is know for fanservice but has no nudity in it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
                      That scene wasn't censored in the TV version. That is what it was supposed to be. Manga is exactly the same. Series is know for fanservice but has no nudity in it.
                      As mostly an anime-only viewer, I didn't know the source material is like that. I won't argue with you, but there are rooms for anime to go beyond that, like Interspecies Reviewers did. I won't necessary say that Dumbbell anime should be uncensored if the source material is like that, but to anime-only viewers, there is unknown area without look at source. I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jakewil85 View Post

                        As mostly an anime-only viewer, I didn't know the source material is like that. I won't argue with you, but there are rooms for anime to go beyond that, like Interspecies Reviewers did. I won't necessary say that Dumbbell anime should be uncensored if the source material is like that, but to anime-only viewers, there is unknown area without look at source. I guess that's what I'm trying to say.
                        I can understand that for some series but to add nudity for one scene wouldn't accomplish anything other increasing the rating of the series. Either way I can't wait to own this one. It's really good so check it out.

                        Comment

                        Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

                        Channels

                        Collapse

                        Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X