Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Crunchyroll / Discotek Media licenses Kemono Friends

Widgets Magazine
    Season 1 simulcasted on Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/kemono-friends. It's also a Crunchyroll co-production. Publisher is TV Tokyo .

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...17049575956481
    Yup, we have Kemono Friends!!! More details soon, but what we can say is that it includes an all-new dub English dub produced with our partners at @SoundCadence! Directed by @MarissaLenti and produced by @Ashuraou, watch out for more info, like a cast announcement, at Otakon!

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...16123641204736
    Literally just finished these discs yesterday but still waiting on final approvals from Japan.

https://twitter.com/NabariNoBro/stat...15020027678726
    Kemono Friends is coming to Blu-ray!!!

- Complete original series in high defintion
    - All-new English dubby our friends at Sound Cadence! It will be both awesome and fun!!!
    - Lots of extras: friend bios, bloopers, behind-the-scenes video, commentary tracks and more!
    - Production isn't quite finished...but we couldn't wait to share the news with our friends: you!!!
    Last edited by WTK; 07-28-2019, 01:54 PM.

Pack it up, everyone. Discotek has pretty much won Memorial Day weekend.
    Joseph Klemm
    "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
    Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

I didn't think this would happen, but here it is not only with Discotek licensing it, but dubbing it as well seeing that they don't have the budget for it (the only other recent dub of their's is Bananya, and that only required one VA speaking off-screen that was done by a Discotek employee). This franchise is popular in Japan, but not so much overseas, which is why I didn't think they would get it. And then they decided to go to Dallas with the dub, which is rare for somebody other than Funimation.
      Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
      Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
      Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
      A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

...That came out of nowhere! I never would have guessed Discotek on this one!

Comment

I decided to make my first-ever day trip to Anime North today, thinking I'd see the Discotek panel first. Unfortunately, I hadn't envisioned just how much time it would take to get off the highway and into the convention centre, and missed the panel. While I haven't watched Kemono Friends and haven't felt much great compulsion to before, the announcement does seem one worth being in the room for and might even make eventually seeing the series a tiny bit more plausible for me...

Comment

Nice!!! Will definitely get this! Would be nice if they were able to license some of the commercials that Kemono did (Nissin udon, etc.) Hope they have the special ending too, which I think was titled as ep 12.1?

Comment

There's a part of me that wants this to be full of behind the scenes drama. Crunchyroll was on the production committee, and I want to think that Tatsuki, Yaoyorozu and others objected to Crunchyroll publishing the blu ray in retaliation for the Tatsuki firing. Logically, I thought Funimation was going to publish this. However, the Crunchyroll/Funimation partnership dissolved and Diskotek will release Kemono Friends. Despite #No Tatsuki No Tanoshii, this is a show worth buying. I hope Kermono Friends ends up for sale in the iTunes store.

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                Nice!!! Will definitely get this! Would be nice if they were able to license some of the commercials that Kemono did (Nissin udon, etc.) Hope they have the special ending too, which I think was titled as ep 12.1?
                This is great news! I love this show and have re-watched it twice! Now I can watch the show from disk while playing with my Serval and Kaban-chan Nendoroids.
                Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

via TRSI:

- Kemono Friends: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $69.95 - 9/24/19

Coming September 24th 2019! Kemono Friends first season on Blu Ray!

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Kemon...ason-1-Blu-ray

Includes the brand new English dub and the original Japanese language with English subtitles. 1080p high definition. Region A discs.

You can join the adventure in this complete first season set containing all 12 episodes of the sleeper hit Kemono Friends! In the original Japanese language with English subtitles, and the brand new English dub!

Comment

No details on special features yet? Still hoping for that special epilogue episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                      No details on special features yet? Still hoping for that special epilogue episode...

He hints that there are extras so there's hope at least.
                      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
                      "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
                      "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
                      "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

via Discotek Media panel @ Otakon:

Kemono Friends Blu-ray
                        - Lots of extras: Friend Biographies, Bloopers, Behind-the-Scenes Vignettes, Commentary Tracks, and more

We love Crunchyroll and sometimes with them on home video versions of their shows. In face, Kemono Friends is a Crunchyroll partnered release

Kemono Friends Season 1 DVD | October 2019
                        Last edited by WTK; 07-28-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          via Discotek Media panel @ Otakon:

We love Crunchyroll and sometimes with them on home video versions of their shows. In face, Kemono Friends is a Crunchyroll partnered release

Kemono Friends Season 1 DVD | October 2019
                          DVD? I`m pretty sure that the show was in HD.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

That does it for new title announcements. Now, we'll talk about the new dubs we've done with @SoundCadence. First off: let's meet the main cast of Kemono Friends in this adorable video clip!!

DID YOU KNOW: that Triple-P's song was dubbed in English, too?? It's true! Check it out!

Last but certainly not least, here's our full trailer for the dub of Kemono Friends. Look forward to it-- it comes out in September 2019!!

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post

DVD? I`m pretty sure that the show was in HD.
                              BD: September 24, 2019
                              DVD: October 2019

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X