• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan August 2019 Solicitations

Widgets Magazine
    via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Maiden Japan

BPS - Battle Programmer Shirase: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 125 minutes - $39.98 - 8/6/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ection-blu-ray
    Japanese with English subtitles

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Sentai Filmworks

DEVILS' LINE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray LE) - 325 minutes - $129.98 - 8/27/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ox-set-blu-ray
    Special Features: Chipboard Box; CD; 44 Page Booklet & Manga; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    DEVILS' LINE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $69.98 - 8/27/19
    Orphen: Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 1175 minutes - $49.98 - 8/20/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ion-sd-blu-ray
    Special Features: Production Sketches; Japanese TV Spot; Cape Day & Other Silliness; Interview with Japanese Staff & Cast; Outtakes; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Sakura Wars (TV): Complete Collection (SD Blu-ray) - 625 minutes - $29.98 - 8/13/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ion-sd-blu-ray
    The Big O: Complete Collection (20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray SteelBook) - 650 minutes - $79.98 - 8/20/19
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...dition-blu-ray
    Special Features: Steelbook; Art Book; Clear Slip Case; Japanese Commercials, Promos, interviews; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Waiting in the Summer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $69.98 - 8/20/19
    Includes English dub

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES AUGUST SLATE

DEVILS' LINE Available August 27th

HOUSTON, May 14, 2019 - Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its August slate of releases featuring Sentai Filmworks' new TV animation adapted from Ryo Hanada?s best-selling manga, Devils' Line. Available on Blu-ray and in a special Limited Edition Premium Box Set!

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming August 2019

Title: BPS: BATTLE PROGRAMMER SHIRASE
    Published by: Maiden Japan
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 125 min.
    Street Date: 8/6/2019
    Format: BD
    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $39.98

SYNOPSIS: What is it that passes behind those dry, sorrowful eyes? Akira Shirase, the solitary programmer who has an unusual aptitude for problem solving: He is called a legendary hacker, and few know his true identity. What has he lost, what has he gained, and what has he seen in pockets of the vast internet? How now does he feel, on what is false and what is true and what exists in code? This is the man they call Battle Programmer Shirase - also known as BPS!

Title: SAKURA WARS TV
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Run Time: 625 min.
    Street Date: 8/13/2019
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $29.98

SYNOPSIS: In 1918, a giant demon appeared in Tokyo, and although the monstrous creature was finally defeated, the Imperial forces knew that something had to be done in anticipation of future attacks. The solution was the development of the Imperial Assault Force, an assembly of secret teams of dedicated young women gifted with a unique spiritual power that enables them to operate Kobu, steam-powered mechanical armor that combines the attributes of humanoid robots and tanks. While pretending to be normal, ordinary girls in everyday life, these brave battle maidens and their international counterparts stationed around the world must remain ever vigilant for assaults by demons sent by the leagues of evil magic users. Get ready for the wildest monster versus mecha fantasy ever in the incredible alternate history that is SAKURA WARS!

Title: THE BIG O STEELBOOK EDITION
    Run Time: 650 min.
    Street Date: 8/20/2019
    SRP: $79.98

SYNOPSIS: Forty years ago, the minds of Paradigm City's inhabitants were wiped clean of all recollections of the past. Now, ruled by a powerful corporation and cut off from the rest of the world by desolate wastelands, Paradigm has become a virtual police state where Negotiators like Roger Smith keep the wheels of progress, commerce, and society turning. As a combined hybrid of detective, mediator, and enforcer, Smith's primary resource is his keen, analytical mind, but it doesn't hurt to have a mansion filled with gadgets, his butler Norman, and his attractive assistant Dorothy to fall back on. Additionally, for those times when cases end up "in dispute," he also has the biggest, baddest back-up that any cop or small army could ever hope for: the Big O, a giant robot loaded with all the extras. Film noir thriller meets mecha mayhem masterpiece as the acclaimed classic series returns in the complete collection of THE BIG O!

Title: ORPHEN
    Run Time: 1175 min.
    SRP: $49.98

SYNOPSIS: When an experiment goes horribly awry and transforms the Sorceress Azalie into a monstrous dragon, the sorcerers of the Tower of Fang callously decide to pretend that Azalie died in order to preserve the Tower's reputation. And to make sure that the magic beans never get spilled, they also decide that Azalie needs to be destroyed. Disgusted by their cravenly actions, Azalie's friend Krylancelo renounces his allegiance to the Tower, changes his name to Orphen and sets forth to save the damsel/dragon in distress. It won't be easy: there'll be minions with nefarious plans to defeat, and along the way Orphen will pick up an apprentice, a spoiled rich girl and a couple of trolls. But it wouldn't be a heroic journey without a few bumps in the road, would it? The epic quest is on in Sorcerous Stabber Orphen!

Title: WAITING IN THE SUMMER
    Run Time: 325 min.
    SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: When a group of friends decide to make a movie over a long summer holiday, they end up learning a little about filmmaking and a lot more about each other and themselves. What begins as a simple way to avoid the summer doldrums quickly turns into something much more complex, intimate, and downright revealing. As the summer heats up, so do the maturing relationships between the young cast members, taking some new, and sometimes unexpected, turns. Get ready for a whole new look at summer romance as hidden emotions get captured and secrets meant to be kept hidden inside young hearts instead spill off the screen for your viewing pleasure in WAITING IN THE SUMMER!

Title: DEVILS' LINE
    Run Time: 325 min.
    Street Date: 8/27/2019
    Format: BD, PBS
    SRP: $69.98, $129.98

SYNOPSIS: Everything you thought you knew about vampires is wrong. They can walk in the daylight and holy water doesn't burn them. In fact, vampires can pass as normal humans so perfectly that even other vampires have trouble spotting them. Until they drink human blood, that is; then they transform into monstrous beasts who mindlessly rape and murder. But not all vampires are evil. The secret task force that patrols Tokyo's vampire population has several fanged operatives, including half-human Yuki Anzai, who believes that his human heritage lets him resist his species' basest cravings. But after Yuki rescues college student Tsukasa Taira from a vampire stalker, he realizes that he's succumbing to urges he's never felt before. And like moths to the flame, he and Tsukasa find themselves being pulled into a potentially fatal attraction in DEVILS' LINE!
    Last edited by WTK; 05-14-2019, 09:52 PM.

I'll probably pick up that Big O steelbook. Looks pretty sharp. I wish they would have just released that to begin with.
    Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Well, that was quicker than expected seeing that they usually solicit this around the 22nd. Anyway, I'm definitely glad that Waiting in the Summer is finally getting the dub it deserves, and that's on my radar, as well as the Big O steelbook. I'm quite surprised to see Devils' Line getting a LE release, though being a knockoff of Tokyo Ghoul must make it appealing enough to justify giving it one. And the rest of the slate is just re-releases from the ADV days, and it's especially nice to see Orphen back seeing that a remake is coming soon.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Only just bought Big O in the Xmas sale but I'm very tempted by that Steelbook edition. Very nice.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

This will be my 4th time buying Waiting in the Summer but I don't even care I love the show so much, so happy to have another excuse to re-watch it all over again. Didn't get Big-O yet so am definitely interested in that Steelbook release as well.
          ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

Sakura Wars TV, hmmm.... was that native HD? If I'm remembering when it was produced correctly, I think it falls right in that digipaint era before HD was a thing?

...Haha never mind. Answered my own question when I went to the cover art forum.
            Last edited by Serial Experiments Nobue; 05-14-2019, 03:52 PM.
            Ana Bunny || my avatar library
            ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; School-Live!
            ~ Last Watched: Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart; Girls und Panzer das Finale (pt I); Pom Poko; Girls und Panzer der Film (+Alice War); Ocean Waves
            homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Waiting in the Summer is something I've been waiting to get a dub for the longest time. Day one for me.
              "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Waiting in the Summer and The Big O are both series that I merely like well enough and have no real enthusiasm for, but it's nice to see the former getting a dub after most had counted out the possibility, as well as the latter getting a snazzier release. Those will both go on my list, but I don't anticipate I'll be buying anything from this slate in the immediate future.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

They actually did it! I have been wishing for an English dub for Waiting in the Summer since I first watched it. A nice LE would have been fantastic, but if it happens one day I could quadrupledip for one of my favorite anime series. As far as the rest of the slate, it is not a great one, but at least another 2018 series showed up.

Needles to say, I am pre-ordering this new release of Waiting in the Summer.

Comment

First post finally updated...

Comment

At some point these people will ideally start producing SD on BD releases that aren't defective. I hope they get it sorted by the time this slate manifests, since I'd actually like to buy Orphen and Sakura Wars.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Devils Line was really that popular to earn that treatment?
                        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                          Devils Line was really that popular to earn that treatment?
                          No. Sentai must be sure that it has enough fans to produce a LE. It was also their first ever dubcast.

Comment

Its nice that waiting in the summer is getting a dub, but I just bought it during their mother's day sale. So im just a little annoyed at the timing and its the second time this has happened

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X