Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] New This Week: Releases for the Week of May 14th, 2019

Widgets Magazine
    In accordance to the U.S. Anime Releases thread, the following poll lists the releases that are officially scheduled to street this week. Please select the item(s) you are planning to buy this week, have on order, will receive as a crowdfunding reward, won in a contest, or have already bought. If you don't plan to have any of the above titles this week but are planning to get at least one of them later on, select "I'm planning to/will buy at least one of the releases at some point". Otherwise, select "None of the above".

If you have made a mistake in voting or bought something else on this week's slate after voting, please leave a post with the corrections you would like made.

---

Last week...

Pick of the Week for May 7th is Please Twins!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) with 6 votes.

---

Hall of Fame: (of 18 votes)

My Hero Academia: Season 3, Part 1 - 38.89%
    - Blu-ray/DVD LE (11.11%)
    - Blu-ray/DVD (27.78%)
    - DVD (0.00%)

Please Twins!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 33.33%

---

Titles released this week:

Armored Trooper Votoms: OVA Collection 1 (SD Blu-ray)
    Guilty Crown: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (Essentials)
    Lucky Star: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (Essentials)
    Princess Mononoke: Collector's Edition Set (Blu-ray)

Poll link: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b01977b196ce3b
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Just: Armored Trooper Votoms: OVA Collection 1 (SD Blu-ray)
    Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

The Princess Mononoke collector's set for me. I wonder if the OST included will include the original Japanese vocal tracks? The original North American CD release had the English versions.

I also just got Lucky Star, but it was the previous BD/DVD complete collection. Found it for cheaper than the new release without the DVDs. So I didn't actually vote for it since it's a different edition.
      Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
      ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
      ~ Last Watched: MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart
      homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Nothing for me this week.

Comment

Nothing for me this week. I already have Guilty Crown and Lucky Star, while I'm not interested in the Princess Mononoke Collector's Edition set on Amazon. Bring on next week, but chances are the same story seeing that May and June don't have much coming out that I'm interested in.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Nothing this week; I have the previous Blu-ray of Lucky Star so that's a pass. I want to get Armored Trooper Votoms, but I'm waiting for feedback on it in case there are any issues with it like the last Votoms set that was released.

Comment

Princess Mononoke: Collector's Edition Set (Blu-ray) arrived last week. I have the LE of Guilty Crown and the first Blu-ray of Lucky Star, so no need to get those. Not looking at Votoms at this time.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Nothing this week. Much cheaper to keep my old(er) releases.

Comment

Just 1 title for me this week:

Armored Trooper VOTOMS OVA Collection 1

Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Miyuki Kobayakawa & Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're Under Arrest!)
                  FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                  Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
                    The Princess Mononoke collector's set for me. I wonder if the OST included will include the original Japanese vocal tracks? The original North American CD release had the English versions.
                    If anyone is curious, I can confirm that the soundtrack in this set is a reissue of the original Japanese version, not of the 1999 Milan records USA version, which also omitted one track (the vocal version Mononoke Hime theme).
                    Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
                    ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
                    ~ Last Watched: MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart
                    homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by wagr View Post
                      Nothing this week. Much cheaper to keep my old(er) releases.
                      The same for me, from this week's new releases. I already own the Bandai release of Lucky Star with which I'm very happy. Guilty Crown is on my "one of these days" list, and I probably will get this week's release of Princess Mononoke soonish (but now now), especially with news of the soundtrack included as noted by Serial Experiments Nobue.
                      Avatar: Samson from Banner of the Stars.
                      Nagi-sama Fanclub Member No.0002346

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X