Widgets Magazine

AnimEigo's next Kickstarter project: Megazone 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird, the count actually went down and it's now at US$ 125,927. Are people withdrawing their pledges? That second stretch goal is looking like even more of a long shot now.
    Last edited by Zhou; 09-05-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-omega-edition

$126,360 pledged of $100,000 goal
      1,049 backers
      10 days to go

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
        Weird, the count actually went down and it's now at US$ 125,927. Are people withdrawing their pledges? That second stretch goal is looking like even more of a long shot now.
        Yeah, I checked kicktraq and there have been a few days where they ended negative. It seems like some people are dropping the shikishi pledges because I know more people selected that one before. Maybe some people didn't like the fact it has to be Megazone 23 related? I could never afford pledging $2,500 so I picked a lower tier I could actually afford right off the bat. I was hoping another stretch goal could be reached but unless there's a massive jump at the end OR this is opened up worldwide chances aren't looking as good.

Comment

I've pledged, figured I may as well since the actual shipping and confirmation of where to ship to won't come up for along time. Hopefully between now and the end of the campaign Robert can get the International rights, though at this point it seems unlikely.

I believe Robert sort of dropped the ball on this campaign, I mean he had the numbers from previous KS's and must have known how much they relied on international buyers to reach certain goals. Clearly it has really hurt this campaign so far.

It also doesn't look likely right now that the extra and harder to find English dubs will be included which makes me very sad. I think in all honesty I would have preferred seeing this come out from Discotek who would have maybe pursued things like that harder. Though of course the premium treatment and commentary only comes from AnimEigo so it's a trade off I guess.
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
            It also doesn't look likely right now that the extra and harder to find English dubs will be included which makes me very sad. I think in all honesty I would have preferred seeing this come out from Discotek who would have maybe pursued things like that harder. Though of course the premium treatment and commentary only comes from AnimEigo so it's a trade off I guess.
            The Streamline dub of Part 1 shouldn't be difficult for AnimEigo to track down, considering the DVD release that contains it can be found on Ebay pretty easily.

Comment

$127,435 pledged of $100,000 goal
              1,066 backers
              9 days to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...UwNDMwNg%3D%3D (19 hours ago)
              Is there any chance at all of this campaign being opened up for international backers? Like how likely is it? Must be plenty of people willing to back if given the opportunity. Also similarly is there any hope of the extra English Dubs being included?

We are simply waiting to find out the answers to these questions, but at present we don't know when those answers will come. Basically, if we can, we will.
              Last edited by WTK; 09-08-2019, 11:02 AM. Reason: URL formatting error...

Comment

And it's down to 122k now. At this point, I can only assume some backers who were hoping the campaign would eventually get the green light to ship outside of the US are dropping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                  And it's down to 122k now. At this point, I can only assume some backers who were hoping the campaign would eventually get the green light to ship outside of the US are dropping out.
                  OW! That's too bad. Looks like a bunch dropped out of the $2,500 Pearlescent Patron option. I can't afford that option. Otherwise, I'd consider jumping into that one.

Comment

Yes, it looks like six backers have now dropped out of Pearlescent. That's a $15k swing, and fairly ridiculous behavior IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by reanimator View Post
                      Yes, it looks like six backers have now dropped out of Pearlescent. That's a $15k swing, and fairly ridiculous behavior IMHO.
                      Yeah. Unless they were international backers, I really don't get why anyone would back a tier he/she can't afford. (I'm assuming that's what happened, but what do I know?)

Comment

I asked the question about how likely the campaign was going to be opened up to international backers. Key thing being 'how likely'. Because the campaign is in its final week and it seems that if it was ever going to happen it would have already.

Said already here but I think Robert has unfortunately somewhat dropped the ball with this campaign. It's weird really because he has the stats and would have known how far US only would have got the campaign.

And honestly who is to say that US only really did get it over the line, I live in the UK and backed the campaign anyway. Just how many people are there like me. It's possible US only didn't even fully fund the campaign to begin with.
                        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
                          I asked the question about how likely the campaign was going to be opened up to international backers. Key thing being 'how likely'. Because the campaign is in its final week and it seems that if it was ever going to happen it would have already.

Said already here but I think Robert has unfortunately somewhat dropped the ball with this campaign. It's weird really because he has the stats and would have known how far US only would have got the campaign.

And honestly who is to say that US only really did get it over the line, I live in the UK and backed the campaign anyway. Just how many people are there like me. It's possible US only didn't even fully fund the campaign to begin with.
                          Eh, I'm pretty sure that international backers didn't put it over the top. You said it yourself; Robert has the stats, and he has a pretty good idea how far it would take the campaign. No way he would have signed for the rights if a US only Kickstarter wasn't likely to work.

And while I get international backers being disappointed, I think saying he dropped the ball is over the top. I don't know what the issue with the international rights is, but I'm sure he's doing his best to get them. And in the end, if he can release a show based on US only demand, and can't get international rights, he should do it; better that than no English friendly release at all.

Comment

$123,407 pledged of $100,000 goal
                            1,081 backers
                            7 days to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...UxODIwMA%3D%3D
                            Was going to post an update today but delaying it until tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2618418 (Sept 9)

One week to go

Dear backers,

With a week to go before the campaign ends, now is the time to remind your friends about the project. With any luck we'll be able to knock off another stretch goal by the time the campaign is over.

Our friends over at Did You Know Anime? just released a pitch video to help us out, check it out:

Stretch Goals
                              Several of you have asked about post-campaign stretch goals, especially in light of the possibility we will be able to open up ordering to non-US backers at some point in the future (current status: "Soon™"). The bottom line is that we will count such late signups (and possible add-on goodie sales) towards the campaign stretch goals, and add them to the project if it is possible to do so. If we can't activate a stretch goal for some reason (the most obvious being that it would unreasonably delay the release of the project), then we'll come up with some other way of enhancing the final product.

Pearlescent Patron Price
                              Because several Pearlescent Patron slots have become available, we have reduced the price from $2500 to $2250. Note that because of the way Kickstarter works, we can't change the price of a reward after someone selects it; thus, if you choose this reward you'll get charged $2500 and then we'll run a manual refund a few days later.

TYVM
                              As always, thanks for your support. This campaign hasn't been as oversubscribed as some of our previous projects, but we are comfortably over the goal, and we are already hard at work on preproduction.

Best, Robert & Natsumi

Comment

$141,167 pledged of $100,000 goal
                                1,240 backers
                                43 hours to go

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X