Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] AnimEigo's next Kickstarter project: Megazone 23

Widgets Magazine
    Animeigo has just sent out notice that their next Kickstarter project is Megazone 23 - you'll have to scroll to the bottom for the announcement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2475011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mment-23768289
    Just to clarify, our *starting* point is the Japanese blu ray release, which contains all 3 parts.

Comment

Many fingers crossed this will contain all the different English dubs. In Discotek's hands that probably would have happened. Hopefully AnimEigo also do it too, I have more confidence they will than say Sentai/Funi/Maiden Japan had they got it.
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Definitely a great pick for the next AnimEigo project, and agreed that this should ideally have all of the dubs... Minus Robotech the Movie, though, for obvious reasons. I also wonder if the Manga UK dub for Part III would even be doable, since it was a UK-only dub. Manga UK's Patlabor 2 dub has been found to be impossible to properly sync up, since it was recorded at PAL speed, so the same fate may be in store for the Megazeon UK dub. Sure, it's apparently a completely terrible dub, but it'd still be cool to see included, for completeness' sake.
        Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
        Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

OOOH! Cool! Upgrading will be nice!

Comment

I'll pledge as soon as this campaign starts, but I hope this set doesn't get delayed as much as Gunsmith Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
              I'll pledge as soon as this campaign starts, but I hope this set doesn't get delayed as much as Gunsmith Cats.
              A few months is nothing. I've had Kickstarters where stuff is OVER 2 YEARS late before!

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                Definitely a great pick for the next AnimEigo project, and agreed that this should ideally have all of the dubs... Minus Robotech the Movie, though, for obvious reasons. I also wonder if the Manga UK dub for Part III would even be doable, since it was a UK-only dub. Manga UK's Patlabor 2 dub has been found to be impossible to properly sync up, since it was recorded at PAL speed, so the same fate may be in store for the Megazeon UK dub. Sure, it's apparently a completely terrible dub, but it'd still be cool to see included, for completeness' sake.

with regards to megzone someone has already timed it IIRC tho wether that has any influence on this project remains to be seen think the patlabor dub is worse but also people are less intrested/lazy pity as i dig that show

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
                Many fingers crossed this will contain all the different English dubs. In Discotek's hands that probably would have happened. Hopefully AnimEigo also do it too, I have more confidence they will than say Sentai/Funi/Maiden Japan had they got it.
                you are right and i Hope So

asked Rob and he said they will Try and make things as comprehensive as they can tho as i understand it they are still gathering Files

hopefully a shorter turn around then normal

my biggest concern is getting all those Dubs

would be interesting and prohibitively costly at a guess( less they simply go over skype) orgnising interviews with old cast members with that Said anyone have any ideas on things they would like to see / challanges ? do recall hearing about some pretty Rad Artbooks for this
                Last edited by mikezilla2; 04-10-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

While I don't particularly like crowd funding, at least there's a better chance of this resulting in a product I want, unlike what would have happened if Sentai or FUNimation licensed the title.

Otherwise, good to see all three parts are confirmed.
                  Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Still hoping for AD Police Files, but this is one of my favorite anime, so I'm still excited and very hopeful this will turn out alright.

As for the dubs, I've really only watched the ADV dubs, but having the others would be interesting curiosities. I'm sure Robotech: The Movie's dub would be a logistics nightmare, but Streamline's Part 1 dub, Harmony Gold's Part 2 dub, and Manga UK's Part 3 dub could be possible.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

April 24:

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...31748673359877
                      So many weird animator Easter eggs hidden in this HD remaster of Megazone 23 Part 2.
                      https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...01800739049472
                      For those wondering, the Japanese Megazone 23 box looks pretty damned good, with the exception of the last ~5 min of MZ23-3 Part 1, which is upscaled from SD. (The film must be lost.) There was also no reason to have a 4th disc for bonus material, but that's Japan for ya.
                      https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...02890633179136
                      Bonus disc is just VERY 80s promos, and the "International Version" of Part 2. Only difference footage-wise is the sex scene is cut down and the alt-ending of Part 1 at the beginning. Both would've been easy to address with seamless branching. @AnimEigo
                      https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...04988967915520
                      Really hope @AnimEigo can use these promos tho. They are just so damned 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                        While I can't speak for Patlabor's dub, I was able to synch Manga's Battle Angel Alita dub to ADV's NTSC DVD without changing the speed. It may depend on the individual show and whether Manga originally dubbed over a pre-sped master or not.

Comment

via AnimEigo panel @ Animazement: https://twitter.com/bebopshock/statu...52948254720002

https://twitter.com/bebopshock/statu...56556052467713
                          Coming this Summer! Uncompressed 5.1 Surround Sound included (provided from ADV)
                          ^ Kickstarter: Summer 2019
                          - Currently collecting materials, including the various dubs
                          - Stretch goals will include commentaries, new Mikimoto art
                          - Bonus goodies will include patches, stickers, and maybe even paintings.
                          - 2 BD50 set containing everything in the Japanese release + new materials.

https://twitter.com/bebopshock/statu...60253960597505
                          It took 2 years to get the license to Megazone 23.
                          Last edited by WTK; 05-25-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

2 YEARS to get the license?! DANG!!! [I know licensing stuff can be a pain and a LOOOOONG process, but still!] At least they were finally able to get it. Now to wait for the Kickstarter to begin so that they can take my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                              2 YEARS to get the license?! DANG!!! [I know licensing stuff can be a pain and a LOOOOONG process, but still!] At least they were finally able to get it. Now to wait for the Kickstarter to begin so that they can take my money.
                              Probably had more to do with the two new projects they have in the works than anything else. They are doing both a sequel AND a reboot, so that likely had some bearing on this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X